Stallworth Signs with the Ravens

Kazkal

I actually read an article, not willing to go find it now, sorry, that said the Ravens have built up goodwill with their fanbase and so can take a risk like this without the fanbase questioning their integrity. I would tend to agree with that.

I can't believe this killer got a job. Ridiculous.

People not being able to get a job after they get out of prison is exactly why we have so many repeat offenders. People should be given a second chance.

If there were any jobs to be had, I would hope that being a convicted felon would be a blemish on a resume, compared to someone that has not had trouble following the laws of our civilaztion. Second chances are deserved, but consequences of your actions also should be considered.

That said Stallworth was going to find a team to play on, it is the short punishment from the NFL I find a little dissapointing.

People not being able to get a job after they get out of prison is exactly why we have so many repeat offenders. People should be given a second chance.

If there were any jobs to be had, I would hope that being a convicted felon would be a blemish on a resume, compared to someone that has not had trouble following the laws of our civilaztion. Second chances are deserved, but consequences of your actions also should be considered.

True that, but in my case I was better at doing the job than all the Nancy boys who applied for it too. I was out 2 weeks in 2006 and landed the job I still hold today. Since then my boss has hired another released prisoner just on the basis of how well I worked out for him. We want to change, and we have.

A life lost obviously sucks, but the pedestrian was partly at fault for the incident (poor choice in clothing, oblivious to surroundings). Stallworth made the same mistake Rey Maualuga made.

Circumstance shouldn't entirely dictate the fate of a man.

Unfortunately, circumstances come into play on everything. Also, you can't hold it against Stallworth that his punishment wasn't that severe. He didn't choose his own punishment.

That said Stallworth was going to find a team to play on, it is the short punishment from the NFL I find a little dissapointing.

If you have a conviction on your record, certainly a potential employer should have a right to inquire about it, but by no means should the applicant be dismissed just because he's been convicted of a crime.

If you have a conviction on your record, certainly a potential employer should have a right to inquire about it, but by no means should the applicant be dismissed just because he's been convicted of a crime.

I agree totally with that. Just like a white male should have the same chance to get a job as a minority/woman, but it just doesnt happen in todays America. You can come into a job interview/test and be the best person for the job and not get it. All due to the fact that you are a white male and do not help the company meet its quota requirements.

I agree totally with that. Just like a white male should have the same chance to get a job as a minority/woman, but it just doesnt happen in todays America. You can come into a job interview/test and be the best person for the job and not get it. All due to the fact that you are a white male and do not help the company meet its quota requirements.

Yeah, I've worked at a place that has specific goals for diversity, and they had a specific amount of women they wanted to be in management. Many qualified men, of all different races, were looked over while the company tried to get woman to take jobs they didn't want. It's ridiculous.