Here's the problem I see

walzav29

The Bengals clearly didn't give 100% but does that give the Jets incentive to say, "hey these guys wanted us twice". Then again if the other theory is that the Bengals didn't show them anything then coaching and film study actually does matter. With this teams youth, I don't see how they say OK We're really going to play now. It's very interesting. But the Jet's and there Porkchop coach are so arrogant that I hope the Bengals just beat the crap out of them. NY could have an emotional let down, but I'll tell you this. The Bengals better beat them down, or I'll want Zimmer as the new coach.

The Bengals clearly didn't give 100% but does that give the Jets incentive to say, "hey these guys wanted us twice". Then again if the other theory is that the Bengals didn't show them anything then coaching and film study actually does matter. With this teams youth, I don't see how they say OK We're really going to play now. It's very interesting. But the Jet's and there Porkchop coach are so arrogant that I hope the Bengals just beat the crap out of them. NY could have an emotional let down, but I'll tell you this. The Bengals better beat them down, or I'll want Zimmer as the new coach.

marvin failed this team big time last night. if he had no intentions of winning then he should have played the game that way. he did nothing but humiliate his self and his team. you never intentionally humiliate someone, all it does is make them hate you. then you will not get any production out of people who dislike you.

really i am kind of tired of marv and bulls**t coaching. i would like to see zimmer take over this team. and zimmer first move should be fire stupid ass brat!!

Here's what I see. A tired and beaten up football team. The so called roster depth has been maxed out. I believe you will find out that Palmer still has some lingering arm issues and he obviously has some issue with the thumb in his left hand. It might possibly require surgery. The absence of a consistent No. 2 receiver or a threat like Chris Henry has narrowed the Bengals options in the pass game too.

This team has not played very well since the second Steelers game in mid-November. But make no apologies or excuses. They won the division. Period.

Here's what I see. A tired and beaten up football team. The so called roster depth has been maxed out. I believe you will find out that Palmer still has some lingering arm issues and he obviously has some issue with the thumb in his left hand. It might possibly require surgery. The absence of a consistent No. 2 receiver or a threat like Chris Henry has narrowed the Bengals options in the pass game too.

This team has not played very well since the second Steelers game in mid-November. But make no apologies or excuses. They won the division. Period.

So what do you see happening Sat?

It was the worst loss in Bengals history from a statistical standpoint, but we all need to realize that this was nothing more than a glorified pre-season game. Marvin wanted to give his guys a chance to succeed in the playoffs and felt that it was better to tank this game and play them again the next week, as opposed to a Texans team that already beat the Bengals at home.

If the Bengals were intent on winning this game, you would've seen a COMPLETELY different game plan, and #32 in the game from the start. If you watched the game closely, you would've noticed that we played a lot of backups, even in the first quarter.

Call it "Drinking the Orange Kool-Aid", but I believe that this was a masterful coaching strategy by Marv with the only real negative to the game being Pat Sims injury.

As far as Chad goes, call him a team player who understands the strategy. If he was REALLY hurt, do you think he'd let the world know via Twitter? These guys are on a mission to go DEEP into the playoffs, and I'm excited about it, even if it means tanking the only National televised Bengals game of the season.

It was the worst loss in Bengals history from a statistical standpoint, but we all need to realize that this was nothing more than a glorified pre-season game. Marvin wanted to give his guys a chance to succeed in the playoffs and felt that it was better to tank this game and play them again the next week, as opposed to a Texans team that already beat the Bengals at home.

If the Bengals were intent on winning this game, you would've seen a COMPLETELY different game plan, and #32 in the game from the start. If you watched the game closely, you would've noticed that we played a lot of backups, even in the first quarter.

Call it "Drinking the Orange Kool-Aid", but I believe that this was a masterful coaching strategy by Marv with the only real negative to the game being Pat Sims injury.

As far as Chad goes, call him a team player who understands the strategy. If he was REALLY hurt, do you think he'd let the world know via Twitter? These guys are on a mission to go DEEP into the playoffs, and I'm excited about it, even if it means tanking the only National televised Bengals game of the season.

Ok,ok. This is a step in the right direction. Slowly getting pride and hope back. I think they would have the same shot vs SD as they do the Jets. It's just they got so manhandled last night. It freaked me out.

It is really hard to gauge at this point. The homer in me says that we will play better. In fact we are even favorites in the game. However I have no great expectations that we will win. I was very impressed with what the Jets did last night regardless of the circumstances surrounding that game.

I think a lot of it depends on Crocker and Peko playing. Since Peko's absence we have not been as stout up front.

But this is a flaky team so I wouldn't be surprised if they played a great game. I guess I need to see a few positives to get excited about at this point.

Not everyone is jumping ship. The Great Pat Kirwan is still with us!

"Pat Kirwan, NFL.com

Hi Chris. they showed plenty last night -- especially in their offensive line and the ability to block that defense. The Bengals do get Peko back, but they don't have Maualuga. There's no secret that the Jets will run the ball 35-40 times. Where I think the Bengals have the edge is at QB and with the Ced Benson running attack. The Bengals have seen all of Rex Ryan's blitzes from his time in Baltimore, so they will not be surprised. I think the Bengals win a close game."

It is really hard to gauge at this point. The homer in me says that we will play better. In fact we are even favorites in the game. However I have no great expectations that we will win. I was very impressed with what the Jets did last night regardless of the circumstances surrounding that game.

I think a lot of it depends on Crocker and Peko playing. Since Peko's absence we have not been as stout up front.

But this is a flaky team so I wouldn't be surprised if they played a great game. I guess I need to see a few positives to get excited about at this point.

Peko and Crocker are playing. No way they miss this game.

I didn't get to see the game. But I heard they didn't show the Jets anything Sunday night. No off set lines no stacked on one side "O" line plays just straight up blocking. And no "Blitzing" heard they showed Blitz a couple of times but nothing much. I heard Recv dropped a lot of passes. Just regular run plays. Kinda like a early pre season game.

So Saturday will be a different game and I'm sure the Jets with the top ranked Defense will know that.

I'm hoping the game is on CBS cuz then I can watch it at home. If not I will be somewhere I can view it.

If you guys are right about us not really trying to win the game and not showing anything, then our players must not be very smart. Going into the game, they all thought we were going to try to win. Don't you think they would have noticed during the week of practice if the coaches weren't game-planning or anything and were just running a bunch of basic, vanilla schemes? Wouldn't that have been a tip-off? How did the coaches manage to fool the players so badly if that was the case?

If you guys are right about us not really trying to win the game and not showing anything, then our players must not be very smart. Going into the game, they all thought we were going to try to win. Don't you think they would have noticed during the week of practice if the coaches weren't game-planning or anything and were just running a bunch of basic, vanilla schemes? Wouldn't that have been a tip-off? How did the coaches manage to fool the players so badly if that was the case?

It's simple. Which team do you think went all out in this game? Who had the incentive? Let's say the Bengals throw the kitchen sink at the Jet's every trick in the book. Crocker re-injures ankle, don't rest anyone. The Bengals lose by 3. Then how does Sat look? Or they win and don't have Peko for the Houston game. Use some sense boy.

It's simple. Which team do you think went all out in this game? Who had the incentive? Let's say the Bengals throw the kitchen sink at the Jet's every trick in the book. Crocker re-injures ankle, don't rest anyone. The Bengals lose by 3. Then how does Sat look? Or they win and don't have Peko for the Houston game. Use some sense boy.

Everything you just said is totaly irrelevent to my point. I don't remember arguing whether or not the bengals went all out to win this game, or arguing that they should have. Maybe you didn't read my post.

The question was, how did the players go through an entire week of preparation without noticing that the coaches were using a dumbed-down, basic, vanilla gameplan?

Everything yo just said is totaly irrelevent to my point. The question was, how did the players go through an entire week of preparation without noticing that we were using a dumbed-down, basic, vanilla gameplan?

They prepared to play the Jets. Then due to the outcome of the earlier games. The COACHES called vanilla type formations during the game.

Everything yo just said is totaly irrelevent to my point. The question was, how did the players go through an entire week of preparation without noticing that we were using a dumbed-down, basic, vanilla gameplan?

They prepared to play the Jets. Then due to the outcome of the earlier games. The COACHES called vanilla type formations during the game.

Wait that makes to much sense, Pong will never understand.

How did the coaches manage to fool the players so badly if that was the case?

Who says they did?

Let's give the players a little credit. I'm going to bet that they know they can't actually go out the week before the game and tell the media, "yeah, we're just playing volleyball and drinking beers in practice this week, we have no plan to actually try Sunday night." Especially with the sports world in an uproar over the Colts sitting their starters the week before and forfeiting a shot at a perfect season.

I think the whole team knew all they would be doing last weekend was going through the motions.

Now, whether they can "turn it back on" this Saturday is an open question.

The question was, how did the players go through an entire week of preparation without noticing that the coaches were using a dumbed-down, basic, vanilla gameplan?

You seem like a smart guy, Joe. Isn't it possible Marvin told them to say what they said? Surely a smart guy like yourself considers many options instead of clinging just to one and thinking its the only one that could be right.

Not sure how to interpret this but Dave Lapham said that he had players coming up to him before the game asking him if he had any idea how they were going to play. Or basically how hard were the coaches gonna try. Dave said he was surprised that they were asking him and that he hoped to get the same info from them.

Not sure how to interpret this but Dave Lapham said that he had players coming up to him before the game asking him if he had any idea how they were going to play. Or basically how hard were the coaches gonna try. Dave said he was surprised that they were asking him and that he hoped to get the same info from them.

Speaks volumes, as did Marvin's piss-poor attempts at feigning disgust on the sidelines in the third quarter.

Now...if Lapham is able to report the same thing after Saturday, then there might be a problem.

You seem like a smart guy, Joe. Isn't it possible Marvin told them to say what they said? Surely a smart guy like yourself considers many options instead of clinging just to one and thinking its the only one that could be right.

Ok I'll buy that.

Like I said, on saturday we'll find out about this team.

Ok I'll buy that.

Like I said, on saturday we'll find out about this team.

Of course we will. Just like we find out about them every other time they play.

Our game didn't go much differently than the Eagles, Colts or Cardinals games did on Sunday. We tanked it just like they did.

BTW, the game is on NBC for the one who asked earlier in this thread...

http://espn.go.com/blog/afcnorth/post/_/id/7975/bengals-locker-room-notes

Players in the locker room confirmed what many believed: Cincinnati didn't show much of its scheme against the Jets. The Bengals didn't seem too bothered Tuesday by the 37-0 loss to New York. Even head coach Marvin Lewis mentioned it's time to move forward to "try to apply our plan now."

Also notes that only 3 Bengals didn't practice today: Tank. LJ, Nelson. And that Chad, Peko and Crocker will all play Saturday.