Your favorite memory of Chris Henry?

ChadJohnson-85

Anyone have a favorite memory? One of mine would have to be (in general) him turning his life around for his family.

I know it's a very sad day for a lot of people here. And I know Henry lived a short life. But maybe we should look back at the good stuff about him. Such as him making the choice to turn his life around from being a thug to becoming a family man. Many people don't make this choice. Chris did.

R.i.P Chris

nfl_henry_wfamily_600.jpg

Seeing him making efforts was a great thing to witness in regards to how he lived his life.

On the field, it would have to be the pass he caught from Carson in the first playoff game since FOREVER against Pittsburgh. Unfortunately both him and Carson got hurt on that play, but if I'm not mistaken, that was the longest pass completed in a playoff game in Bengals history.

Chris will be missed...

I think mine was that 70 something yard pass he caught against the Steelers in 06. We ended up losing that game, and a shot at the playoffs, but up until that point the Steelers were kicking the crap out of us. Slim took a slant and then ran another 60 yards down the middle of the field to score.

Henry has always been one of my favorite players on the Bengals. I had his back from Day 1... My favorite memory was against Pittsburgh in the Playoffs, the first pass of the game. What, it was like 60 yards. If him and Palmer didn't go down on that one play together we would've been in the SB. I strongly believe that. We were one play away from going to the SB.

I just wanna say that it was nice to hear Palmer, our QB and leader of the team, say that Chris was someone who was greatly misunderstood... I believed that the whole time he was here. Chris had his problems, but, who doesn't?

Mine was also the 60-something yarder from Palmer on the first offensive play of the playoff game.

Also watching him make strides and become a better person and father and seeing a complete 180 in his life was something that made me very proud.

You will be missed, Slim.

Ill throw in one. In 2006, I went to the first Bengals Steelers game in pitt. I remember the bengals went down 10-0 early. The Bengals lined up from about the 30, I was sitting in a section with all steelers fans. Looked at the line and said:

Me "Look at them, you have Chris Henry man to man on a 5'11 cb, throw its up and its a touchdown."

Steelers fan "That wouldn't work, with Troy Palamalu over the top he would take Henry's head off"

Palmer took the snap, threw it up, Henry burnt his man, touchdown. I looked back a the guy and simply said "Told ya"

Of course my response from them was "F... off"

Bengals won that game 28-24, with 2 tds from henry in possibly the best game of his career.

My daughter is an intern with the Bengals.

She would call me daily to tell me about what guy's family she met that day at traing camp.

She told me that a little boy and his dad were at the top of the bleachers yelling for Henry to give them an autograph as Henry was running to the practice field.

Henry said he couldnt he had to hit the field .

My daughter said that, after practice, Henry gave the kid his gloves and signed them.

She told me that she met Henry and his family at camp and they were very nice and Henry was very shy and soft spoken.

She is very hurt by this whole thing.

The play AFTER the bomb against Pittsburgh in the '05 playoff game. Chris had torn his ACL during the play and still was determined and passionate enough to stay in the game, despite that fact that his knee was severely damaged and undoubtedly in a lot of pain.

He STILL tried to run another route to try to score a touchdown for his team in one of the most important games in franchise history, before collapsing to the turf when his body said "No Mas".

Unbelievable to this day, as I think back on that moment.

People will one day realize that #15 was a once-in-a-decade player, who's ability and talent were not maximized due to other issues and his incredibly untimely death. Guys 6 feet 4 inches tall, who run 4.3s, who jump out of the stadium and catch everything thrown their way are Madden video game, create-a-player material and not the NFL standard for WRs by a longshot.

The guy could've been the greatest Bengals WR ever, if the circumstances or times in which we live, were different.

Anyone have a favorite memory? One of mine would have to be (in general) him turning his life around for his family.

I know it's a very sad day for a lot of people here. And I know Henry lived a short life. But maybe we should look back at the good stuff about him. Such as him making the choice to turn his life around from being a thug to becoming a family man. Many people don't make this choice. Chris did.

R.i.P Chris

nfl_henry_wfamily_600.jpg

Easy one for me. I was at Invesco in Denver telling the ignorant donkey fans to watch #15. They were like, "Who?" He caught a TD and had a long TD, when he burned the also prematurely deceased Darrent Williams, called back on a questionable holding call.

People will one day realize that #15 was a once-in-a-decade player, who's ability and talent were not maximized due to other issues and his incredibly untimely death. Guys 6 feet 4 inches tall, who run 4.3s, who jump out of the stadium and catch everything thrown their way are Madden video game, create-a-player material and not the NFL standard for WRs by a longshot.

The guy could've been the greatest Bengals WR ever, if the circumstances or times in which we live, were different.

Completely agree with this. He was an amazing player, just a matchup nightmare for DCs.

I remember a lot of people on here complaining (including myself) about how they should find ways to get the ball to Henry more. Definitely a nightmare for DCs. Sometimes I wonder if he hadn't broke his arm, would he still be here today... :(