Bengal Injury Curse

blueridge

Although I am relieved that last season's sickening injury onslaught has not been repeated in '09, I am distressed that the guys we have lost to the IR have been , for the most part, really key guys,e.g., Chris Henry, Roy Williams, Odom, Reggie Kelly. But not Dan Coats. Jesus, the Bengals lose 3 TEs for the season, but not Dan Coats? What are the odds? They lose the longtime and well-respected starter, Kelly, his talented receiver back-up,Utecht, and everybody's favorite John Mackey Award-winning rookie,Chase Coffman, but Dan Coats goes through every practice and every awful game without so much as a scratch. This team must be cursed!

Although I am relieved that last season's sickening injury onslaught has not been repeated in '09, I am distressed that the guys we have lost to the IR have been , for the most part, really key guys,e.g., Chris Henry, Roy Williams, Odom, Reggie Kelly. But not Dan Coats. Jesus, the Bengals lose 3 TEs for the season, but not Dan Coats? What are the odds? They lose the longtime and well-respected starter, Kelly, his talented receiver back-up,Utecht, and everybody's favorite John Mackey Award-winning rookie,Chase Coffman, but Dan Coats goes through every practice and every awful game without so much as a scratch. This team must be cursed!

Well, in Coat's defense, he never gets tackled because he never catches the ball.

Well, in Coat's defense, he never gets tackled because he never catches the ball.

And he's not much of a blocker, so he's not as prone to getting his knee or ankle rolled on in a pile.

Our injuries have unfortunately happened to vital guys. Losing a starter is never great, and to be fair to the replacements they have stepped up and done a fine job for the most part. What is making things worse is that as we all feared at the start of the yr, our lack of depth has been exposed finally.

Gawd help us if one of JJoe or Leon go down.

/no jinx no jinx no jinx

The injuries have sucked, but the Bengals deserve a ton of credit for carrying on this season with very little drop off. The worst two at this point appear to be Henry (arguably) and Peko.

Losing Kelly and Utecht sucked, but even considering the Coats drops I'd say we've done admirably at tight end with Foschi.

The injuries have sucked, but the Bengals deserve a ton of credit for carrying on this season with very little drop off. The worst two at this point appear to be Henry (arguably) and Peko.

Losing Kelly and Utecht sucked, but even considering the Coats drops I'd say we've done admirably at tight end with Foschi.

I'd still have loved to see this defense if Roy Williams and Odom hadn't gotten injured. Not saying the difference would have been great, but who knows, especially with how hot Odom was. And I still wanted to see Roy pop Ward's head off his shoulders in the second game.