Jets

Buff

Ind

SD/Den

NO

CAR

ATL

TB

You know these teams won't be happy they were swept.

Balt

Pitt

Cleve

Alright...based on next year's teams equalling this year's teams, and realizing they can't, but...

you'd have a probable six wins against Miami, Jets, Buffalo, Carolina, Falcons, and Bucs. Let's say you lose NE AND Indy, and split even against your division foes. That's nine very doable wins right there. We should be able to beat Denver, possibly SD, so there's a tenth. Even lose Saints, that's 10-6. More likely, sweep Cleveland. 11-5

If this is next year's opponents, I don't see it as the sky falling just yet.

I am consistently amazed at the capacity of some fans to pre-worry.

haha i think that's the third time I've seen you write that in a post today Mem. Hilarious.

Let's just not deal with the fact that we're 8-3 and likely headed to the playoffs when we have SO MUCH to be concerned about with next year. Let's not forget that Carson's contract is up in 2013, i think.

It'll be tougher only because of winning the division. That basically means playing Indy and NE instead of Houston and NYJ. Big deal.

The Saints game isn't any more impossible than the Vikings game, and the rest of the NFC South is very beatable. Just looks like a standard NFL schedule to me honestly.

At the beginning of the season this year it was said the Bengals had one of the toughest schedules. They've managed to get by, no?

haha i think that's the third time I've seen you write that in a post today Mem. Hilarious.

Let's just not deal with the fact that we're 8-3 and likely headed to the playoffs when we have SO MUCH to be concerned about with next year. Let's not forget that Carson's contract is up in 2013, i think.

Palmer's contract is up in 2013?? Holy crap!! We better make that number one priority in next year's draft. It's very fashionable to draft a guy and sit him for three years before playing.

Or, we can just make a run at Favre. He'll still be around.

:lmao:

You can never tell with NFL schedules, the way teams change year to year. Sure, having the 1st place sched will probably two great teams instead of two crap teams. But the AFCE isn't all that much better than the AFCW. And Saints aside, the NFCS is awwwwffuuuulll, and awful in ways that aren't really likely to improve.

Besides, this is about to become our second winning season since I was in 6th grade. To hell with next year.

If we can't get it done by 2023, you can f**kin' write off 2024. THAT will be a tough year, let me tell you, what with Mauluga, Hall, AND Joseph all retiring at the end of 2023 after the Bengals take their 13th Super Bowl in a row.

I weep for how hard 2024 is going to be.

If we can't get it done by 2023, you can f**kin' write off 2024. THAT will be a tough year, let me tell you, what with Mauluga, Hall, AND Joseph all retiring at the end of 2023 after the Bengals take their 13th Super Bowl in a row.

I just want them to win 1! Thats it. I've been waiting since 81. I've got things I can do on Sundays. Sculpt, write my novel, learn wood carving. All must wait until the Bengals get a Superbowl! I know with our long history of dominating the NFL we never have to worry. We'll be 8-3 next year. I can't help that Bengals history suggests 1 great year every so often.

I just want them to win 1! Thats it. I've been waiting since 81. I've got things I can do on Sundays. Sculpt, write my novel, learn wood carving. All must wait until the Bengals get a Superbowl! I know with our long history of dominating the NFL we never have to worry. We'll be 8-3 next year. I can't help that Bengals history suggests 1 great year every so often.

Whoa whoa whoa. You're banking sculpting, writing a novel and wood carving on the Bengals winning a Super Bowl?

When the Bengals march triumphantly to Miami and win the Super Bowl this season, I want pictures and youtube videos of you sculpting, typing a book and building a wooden boat in your basement using nothing but hand tools, ala Gibbs on NCIS. I'm holding you to all this. I will not let you fail yourself.

I didn't want to start my 5 billionth thread, but I live in Michigan where basically the whole state is unemployed on top of the Lions sucking. They never sell out, but why are the Bengals having such a hard time with sellouts? Is it the economy? The Whodey Revolution? Just curious.

The D will be even better and have some new pieces added to it. I would assume the offense will see improvements also, better focus and discipline, more efficient etc. It's not like the Bengals will stand pat.

Plus, let's not forget that as of right now our schedule hasn't been brutal but it hasn't been a cakewalk up until now either. The Browns bring down our average with 10 losses. A team which we struggled with mightily the first time, so records don't tell the whole story.

Other than that the record of opponents so far is 37-39 right now and we handed out 6 of those losses ourselves.

I'm not predicting anything next yr (who the hell knows how things will turn out this yr yet?) but I would expect us to be in serious contention for the post season again next season.

Other than that the record of opponents so far is 37-39 right now and we handed out 6 of those losses ourselves.

Um, since we've won 8 games haven't we handed out 8 of those losses? Just sayin...

Actually, of the 8 wins we have, we've only won 6 of those games. Tthe Steelers didn't actually lose, they gave us those games, remember? :rolleyes:

Um, since we've won 8 games haven't we handed out 8 of those losses? Just sayin...

:huh:

The Browns bring down our average with 10 losses. A team which we struggled with mightily the first time, so records don't tell the whole story.

Dead on.

After reading the thread title I couldn't believe what the thread was actually about.

I guess I was expecting something along the lines of expired contracts and free agent defections. Bold talk about striking while the iron was hottest. And I was instantly ready to counter with rose colored yammerings about how they repeat as champions...(ahem)....featuring a whole new wave of young talent. Draft picks! Jerome! The glorious return of Odell Thurman!

Instead, I see next years schedule, and read of our future doom.

You miserable bastards.

:cheers:

Relax.

I know a guy who knows things.

And he says...a huge asteroid hits the Earth in 2018.

Sorry but that is clearly untrue. The Earth will freeze from the inside out the very instant anyone in black and orange stripes hoists a Lombardi in victory. Not one second sooner.