What a difference a year makes.

derekshank

Last year the Bengals were ranked dead last in total offense.

Compare that to what is now the 31st ranked offense in Oakland. Today, I was looking at their depth chart and saw what they are running out on offense compared to the Bengals. Seriously... take a look.

Zach Miller. He's the only player I could find on that entire offense that would be starting for the Bengals. And that's only because of injuries. If Kelly and Utecht weren't hurt, it would be a goose egg

Even with the '05 team I don't remember looking at any other team and thinking there wasn't at least a couple players I'd prefer to see in stripes. I know it's a bit of a trap game, but in a league that is supposed to have parity, how can one team have this little talent? And think... the Browns are even worse!

Their offense is about as bad as it can get.

Their defense has teeth and will give the bengals a good tussle. Good D-line, lb's and secondary. I see 3-4 guys who could start for the bengals on the Raiders D.

Seymor

Asomugha

Thomas Howard

Miller

I think our corners could take a nap during film study this week

But no, let's take them seriously, win our first ever game in Oakland, and crush yet another Bengals monkey-on-the-back, and go to 8-2

Don't worry TJ, I don't have JJ and Leon on speed dial. They don't know I suggested anything. ;)

Don't worry TJ, I don't have JJ and Leon on speed dial.

Praise the lord and pass the bottle :-)

I can't think of another game that fits the classic "trap" scenario more than this one

2009 Houston game comes to mind.

Coming off win over divisional opponent fueled by the emotion of Zimmer's wife passing.

BUT, Oakland is not the Texans...that sounds funny.

Oakland is a very, very, very bad team. very bad. inept beyond compare.

Their defense has teeth and will give the bengals a good tussle. Good D-line, lb's and secondary. I see 3-4 guys who could start for the bengals on the Raiders D.

Seymor

Asomugha

Thomas Howard

Miller

Yeah. I was talking mainly about the offense. The Raiders have some talent on defense.

And, despite the fact that they are miserably bad, they are still an NFL team, and Cincy has to travel across the country to get there. This has trap game all over it. I mean, the Saints struggled with the Rams last week. You never know.

I was just pointing out that from a talent standpoint, they aren't an NFL offense. Hell, there are probably a couple college offenses that have as equal talent.

Seymor

Asomugha

Thomas Howard

Miller

Kirk Morrison is the best LB they have. That dude could definitely start in the middle for us.