Huber as the Holder

johnswahoo

Does anybody have an information as to Kevin Hubers performance as the place kick holder for the Bearcats? The more that I think about the problems that Shane Graham is having putting the ball through the pipes is not the centers problem but the holder who is placing the ball on the ground. A few that sailed were the centers fault, but I have watched as Huber is having problems either seeing the ball from under center or something else...its like he is seeing the ball at the last second...and its screwing up Grahams timing....it will eventually cost this team if he continues to be the guy responsible for putting the ball down for him.....I would prefer to have Carson Palmer or Jordan doing this job....You can be more innovated if need be.

Lets hope this issue can correct itself this week and it won't be a problem anymore.

Does anybody have an information as to Kevin Hubers performance as the place kick holder for the Bearcats? The more that I think about the problems that Shane Graham is having putting the ball through the pipes is not the centers problem but the holder who is placing the ball on the ground. A few that sailed were the centers fault, but I have watched as Huber is having problems either seeing the ball from under center or something else...its like he is seeing the ball at the last second...and its screwing up Grahams timing....it will eventually cost this team if he continues to be the guy responsible for putting the ball down for him.....I would prefer to have Carson Palmer or Jordan doing this job....You can be more innovated if need be.

Lets hope this issue can correct itself this week and it won't be a problem anymore.

So instead of focusing on becoming the best QB they can be, you want one of the Palmers to take time out from every practice to hold a football? Is it for the sole purpose of a fake field goal we might run once every five years?

Huber is doing a good job holding, and as far as I have seen, the Steelers hold was his first bad hold. He's actually done a pretty good job chasing down the high snaps he got from St. Louis.

even if Jordan were to take over those duties he couldnt be used he's the no. 3 guy and can only play if a QB gets hurt, I dont think its an issue. its his first screw up.

First, the Center has absolutely nothing to do with any kind of kick, as it is snapped by the Long Snapper (Just wanted to keep Cook's good name out of it).

Second, the guy is a rookie, who may/may not have held in college, either way, that was the first mistake i can put squarely on him. Give him a break.

Third, are you nuts? I love the Bengals, always have, but if one team has the misfortune to have a QB injure his hand on some freak snap/kick, it would be our Bengals (Not to mention, I wouldnt want them to have any Tony Romo moments)

First, the Center has absolutely nothing to do with any kind of kick, as it is snapped by the Long Snapper (Just wanted to keep Cook's good name out of it).

Second, the guy is a rookie, who may/may not have held in college, either way, that was the first mistake i can put squarely on him. Give him a break.

Third, are you nuts? I love the Bengals, always have, but if one team has the misfortune to have a QB injure his hand on some freak snap/kick, it would be our Bengals (Not to mention, I wouldnt want them to have any Tony Romo moments)

Huber is doing fine. Just a fluke. The K balls are really slippery and for once, the field was hard and dry instead of the usual mess.

I don't think they need to worry about this at this point. If it becomes habit, sure...but given what he's worked through already...for a rookie, he's doing just fine.

Huber is doing fine. Just a fluke. The K balls are really slippery and for once, the field was hard and dry instead of the usual mess.

I don't think they need to worry about this at this point. If it becomes habit, sure...but given what he's worked through already...for a rookie, he's doing just fine.

I totally agree. There was probably "some" fault shared with Huber earlier in the year but 95% of the problem was clearly St. Louis. I'm pleasantly surprised there hasn't been more trouble working in the new LS. They need to continue to work with this team and avoid putting in any more changing parts. Huber will be okay the rest of the way. I just think that we may be a little too quick on the trigger since Harris has worked so well coming in. I'm just happy the missed extra point didn't burn us.

I totally agree. There was probably "some" fault shared with Huber earlier in the year but 95% of the problem was clearly St. Louis. I'm pleasantly surprised there hasn't been more trouble working in the new LS. They need to continue to work with this team and avoid putting in any more changing parts. Huber will be okay the rest of the way. I just think that we may be a little too quick on the trigger since Harris has worked so well coming in. I'm just happy the missed extra point didn't burn us.

I can't put blame on Huber when St. Louis was shooting balls fifteen yards behind Graham. Other than the one gaffe Sunday, I haven't even noticed Huber handling the kicks, which is the way it's supposed to be. For a rookie holder, during the excitement of first the 'Cardiac Cats' and now the playoff bound division leaders, I think he's done remarkable.