Excuses

kenyon1977

Don't even start with the head and shoulders injury excuses.

We played without our starting LG (Evan Mathis), our starting TE (Reggie Kelly), his backup (Ben Utecht), our starting RB (Cedric Benson), a big play WR (Chris Henry), our starting DE (Antwan Odom), our starting OLB (Ketih Rivers), our starting SS (Roy Williams)...is there anythone I missed?

Oh yeah...and our #1 draft pick (#6 overall), the best OT in the draft last year, still hasn't even taken the field!

That's almost one-third of our starting lineup out with injury and we still beat their ass on their home-field!

Who Dey stealer bitches!

Atta boy Joe!!!

They can't make any more excuses now.. Our D just whipped Pittsburgh's ASS!!!

Who Dey Mother f**kers!!!

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

already seen some "If Ben played the way he can, they'd have mopped the field with the bengals" start up.

sure.

the better team won.

the steelers lost. no ands, ifs or buts.

I don't think Ben nor Carson were particularly accurate today but pressure might have had something to do with it

Steelers and Ravens fans are (were in the case of Ravens fans - their boards are a beautiful read right now btw) stuck in the past. As was mentioned earlier about their record under Cowher - he's long gone. Not only is this a new Steelers team but it's a new Bengals team.

Steelers and Ravens fans are (were in the case of Ravens fans - their boards are a beautiful read right now btw) stuck in the past. As was mentioned earlier about their record under Cowher - he's long gone. Not only is this a new Steelers team but it's a new Bengals team.

And a thing of defensive beauty it is. Dudes...I've been a Bengals fan since their inception in 1968, and I've NEVER seen them play this way. It's always been about the offense. Always have to out score the other team. Well that s**t is over. Playoffs here we come! :bengal:

And a thing of defensive beauty it is. Dudes...I've been a Bengals fan since their inception in 1968, and I've NEVER seen them play this way. It's always been about the offense. Always have to out score the other team. Well that s**t is over. Playoffs here we come! :bengal:

I agree. This defense is even better and scarier to me than the vaunted '88 SB team with Fulcher and Krumrie and the boys.

You can't really compare the loss of Polamalu to the loss of almost anyone else in the league. This is an entirely different team without him. He just flat out makes plays when we need him to, and that's the 2nd time this year that he wasn't in the game where we could've majorly used one of his plays.

His presence alones makes up for so many deficiencies that I really don't expect many people on the outside to understand. He not being on the field is a huge difference at any time, but it wasn't THE difference in this game.

Bengals won fair and square. Woulda coulda shoulda. . . a tackle on 4th down in the first game, a tackle on special teams here. . . but neither of those happened. Cincy won because they deserved to, and someone shouldve stepped up for us to make a play, but no one did. Our line looked like it did last year and your corners will be something special. Could Troy have made a game changing play? Absolutely. How many games did he win for us with a big play in the clutch last year? 4? Shoot, we're 2-3 without him this year now. 4-0 with him.

But this is football and injuries happen. I certainly hope he's ok though, because if he's out for an extended period, we could easily lose some games we shouldn't and not even make the playoffs.

You can't really compare the loss of Polamalu to the loss of almost anyone else in the league. This is an entirely different team without him. He just flat out makes plays when we need him to, and that's the 2nd time this year that he wasn't in the game where we could've majorly used one of his plays.

His presence alones makes up for so many deficiencies that I really don't expect many people on the outside to understand. He not being on the field is a huge difference at any time, but it wasn't THE difference in this game.

Bengals won fair and square. Woulda coulda shoulda. . . a tackle on 4th down in the first game, a tackle on special teams here. . . but neither of those happened. Cincy won because they deserved to, and someone shouldve stepped up for us to make a play, but no one did. Our line looked like it did last year and your corners will be something special. Could Troy have made a game changing play? Absolutely. How many games did he win for us with a big play in the clutch last year? 4? Shoot, we're 2-3 without him this year now. 4-0 with him.

But this is football and injuries happen. I certainly hope he's ok though, because if he's out for an extended period, we could easily lose some games we shouldn't and not even make the playoffs.

He's just one man. Better than most on defense, but if that is what your relying on to win, I assume your retirement plan is a lottery ticket.

The Steelers are making the playoffs with or without Polamalu. Too much talent and experience on that team.

He's just one man. Better than most on defense, but if that is what your relying on to win, I assume your retirement plan is a lottery ticket.

The defense is largely predicated on him. He's so versatile that he makes up for lackluster corners and LB's who predominantly can't cover a lick. Not to mention the run support he provides. . he's the only defensive player that can line up in coverage, on the defensive line or in the LB spot and be effective at all of them. Yes, the defense is almost completely reliant on him. . so maybe I should go look into some Powerball tix.

With him, we have the best defense in the league hands down. Without him, we're slightly better than average. I'm not saying it's like the Colts losing Peyton or anything, but he is one of the most valuable players in the league.

The Steelers are making the playoffs with or without Polamalu. Too much talent and experience on that team.

I wish I shared in your optimism.

Let's just look at it this way. Without doing the homework, how many teams can say they beat the defending Champs twice in one season? That is reason enough to be proud and optimistic.

Yes it is. You're 4-0 against the two AFC Championship teams last year. I doubt that that has ever happened. Why are so many people caught up on what Steelers fans think?

We're in the rear view. You beat us twice. What else is there to really say?

Polly isn't even the issue. Our offense scored 12 lousy points. Your D played well enough to give your team the win. Our D did just as well shutting down your offense, or maybe yet another team just had a really off day against them (not directed at you specifically, just tired of hearing the same old crap from fans of almost every team).

This game came down to a ST play and the Ds cancelling each other out.

The defense is largely predicated on him.

That's a lot of eggs in one basket.

Yeah... and the Bengals offense is largely predicated on Cedric Benson. In fact... just based on the stats, Benson is far more important to the Bengals than Troy is to the Steelers.

...Just saying.

I would agree with that. The entire offense is based on him. Winning today without Benson for most of the game is an aberration and a testament to the advances the Bengals have made on the defensive side of the ball. I'm not so sure that the Bengals are even a .333 team without Benson for the duration of an entire season. If Troy didn't play a single down this year, we would probably be a 9-7 or 10-6 team.

Yeah... and the Bengals offense is largely predicated on Cedric Benson. In fact... just based on the stats, Benson is far more important to the Bengals than Troy is to the Steelers.

...Just saying.

won without him today

...Just saying.

I don't agree with any of these thoughts. Yes Hair Polamalu is important to the Steelers D, but they are still tough without him. Yes Ced is important to us, but CP, Fredo, Coles, Leonard and Caldwell are formidable weapons against any lesser D. Bottom line is, all teams face the change of dynamic brought on by injuries. Winning teams adjust and go on. The Bengals, sans Ced, still proved able to move the ball and eat clock, while the Steelers D, sans Hair, still kept them out of the endzone.

...Just saying.

I don't agree with any of these thoughts. Yes Hair Polamalu is important to the Steelers D, but they are still tough without him. Yes Ced is important to us, but CP, Fredo, Coles, Leonard and Caldwell are formidable weapons against any lesser D. Bottom line is, all teams face the change of dynamic brought on by injuries. Winning teams adjust and go on. The Bengals, sans Ced, still proved able to move the ball and eat clock, while the Steelers D, sans Hair, still kept them out of the endzone.

Just a response to a Steeler fan saying the Steelers aren't the same without Polamalu. With over 200 carries in 8 games, it's safe to say the Bengals are a different team without him.

I agree with you Greg. Injuries generally can't be accepted as a valid excuse... and the Bengals were far more effected by injuries in this game than the Steelers.