More Anti BCS Stuff,How Texas & Gators line up their scheadules

Kazkal

The BCS is what it is! It's such a joke of a system, but its all we got right now! I'm not just saying this as a Gator fan! Sure, we haven't played great this year but we are the defending champs with 22 defensive players back and the best college QB of all time coming back for his senior year! I think if we go undefeated we should be in the Championship, no doubt! Someone has to dethrone the champ!!!

P.S. Screw Pete Carroll! Like he hasn't been handed undeserved rankings before! Shut up Pete, your team lost to Washington, you shouldn't even be in the Top25 after losing to a school like Washington!

Basketball seems to be light yrs ahead of college football. At least they have a playoffs-lite.

I'm not really bothered that much as the Canes have sucked balls since 2003 - at least Coker is gone. We haven't been decent enough to get stiffed in the polls etc but jesus, every yr there's some major bulls**t.

These ranking aren't based on games played and so they're worthless. Rankings in name only. The whole thing is a farce. Why are Boise St. 4th? Can anyone explain to me please? If they go undefeated with their schedule, they should maybe be ranked 20 in the country. But this is just opinion, like most everything else in the BCS, computers or not.

Look, it's really simple NCAA. The winners of the conferences, even the unfashionable ones, go into a playoffs after their schedules and they then play each on the field. The last team to win the last match is called the champion. Sound fair enough?

These ranking aren't based on games played and so they're worthless. Rankings in name only. The whole thing is a farce. Why are Boise St. 4th? Can anyone explain to me please? If they go undefeated with their schedule, they should maybe be ranked 20 in the country. But this is just opinion, like most everything else in the BCS, computers or not.

Pity because they haven't loss in how long? I'm guessing beating Oregon is what shot them up though a actual good team...not their fault they play in the weakest conf and not everyone can play in the Sec / pac10 ^_^ ....They probably deserve the ranking as much as the Bearcats ,Both have close to same strength of schedule so far bit I'd say Oregon is much better team then south florida...

• 2 weeks later...

I have never seen a team get hosed (as you put it) the way the Hoosiers did today. They were putting it on the Hawkeyes and kept getting the shaft. I mean sooner or later you have to start thinking the refs are really against you. Anyway, being a Buckeye fan, the Hawkeyes staying undefeated actually helps the Buckeyes if they can beat them next week. Anyway, poor Hoosiers...

Pryor needs to play well in a big game to convince me he's turned it around. I've never seen an OSU team play with less enthusiasm than this one. Joyless. Just grim looking on the field. Football is supposed to be fun, but I don't see it from this team. Their last 3, Iowa, Penn State, and Michigan, I see the Buckeyes losing 2 of those 3.

I watched the 4th quarter of Miami-Wake. Miami had 10 yards in the second half, then put on a long touchdown drive to win the game in the last few minutes of the game. Credit to Miami for turning it around down there. That program was sinkng, now they're back.

Pryor needs to play well in a big game to convince me he's turned it around. I've never seen an OSU team play with less enthusiasm than this one. Joyless. Just grim looking on the field. Football is supposed to be fun, but I don't see it from this team. Their last 3, Iowa, Penn State, and Michigan, I see the Buckeyes losing 2 of those 3.

I watched the 4th quarter of Miami-Wake. Miami had 10 yards in the second half, then put on a long touchdown drive to win the game in the last few minutes of the game. Credit to Miami for turning it around down there. That program was sinkng, now they're back.

Please, my hand is still shaking so much I can barely get the hard liquor to my mouth. I'm not sure they're back. The same pattern is itching to get out. Promising start followed by an implosion and series of losses to close out the yr. Been the same for 3 yrs now. Our defense is f**king terrible. We used to get away with it by having about half a dozen future NFLers, at least, out there but right now we have a s**t scheme manned by s**t players.

The major difference this yr is that we have a QB and he's the reason we're 6-2 and not 4-4 or so. He's still just a Soph though, the poor bastard. Gets little help. Our one lineman worth a damn, who is actually one of the better OT coming up in the draft, aside, I'm staggered his skinny ass hasn't been put into a coma yet. Makes mistakes of course but the dude is usually money when it matters. Needs to stop lofting the ball up so lazily though. He's got a strong arm, even though it literally looks like a noodle. Needs to zip the balls a bit more, especially over the middle.

I'm very hopeful for next yr though.

I love what Randy has done RE cleaning up the prog. Only one arrest in the last couple of yrs and he was immediately cut from the program. Few programs at any level can boast such a clean record.As for his ability to coach, eh, jury's still out. Kudos to Shalala for clamping down on the 'extra help' the players used to get with regards their grades too. Butch Davis was a hell of a coach but had no scruples.

I watched the OSU game last week. I see exactly what you mean about the enthusiasm. The pressure needs to be released somehow. You'd think there was a sniper in the stands somewhere.