stick with kitna until th-he-y stinks regularly

richmond_mat

Overall.

Kitna STANK today, but so did the WHOLE team. Kitna's play today reminded me of the times I've called for his head. The defense is as porous as lava. Why does every rookie back run like a great one against us?

Special teams.

The new punter seemed good but he's no better. I still wonder about Warrick returning punts. Sometimes he's terriffic but mostly its nail biting.

Coaching.

We seemed to be playing to lose. Maybe it's a fox in sheep...whatever.

I love what Marvin has done, but Mike Brown is still in the house!

Kitna played poorly because they couldn't run the ball, and couldn't stop the run. Maybe all the press did go their head, or maybe Arizona isn't that bad. Maybe someone put something in their gatorade. Maybe...who knows? The end of the day the team didn't get it done. The loss today was not Kit's fault, it was the teams fault. The punting situation will not get sorted until the offseason, I think Richardson is a good enough filler until then...Anything is better than Harris. The coaching comment, don't really know what you mean by that. The coachs don't throw blocks for runners or tackle people, or make someone get a false start(2 false starts in a row on 3rd and short at one time! WTF? :blink: ) And this loss had nothing to do with Mike Brown either so I think you are way off base with that comment.

mike brown isn't to blame for this loss -- unless you blame him for the players we've got now. but if coach lewis has his way, he'll draft players that fit his mold and the bengals will get better run blockers and run defenders through the draft. today was just a bad day, field position wise, starting with the opening kickoff. it's hard to believe the bengals got their "asses kicked" as one of the bengal players said in the postgame and still only lost 17-14. a good a-kicking in the past was 42-7 or something like that. at least the bengals have been in every game, well, with the exception of the opening debacle against denver... who dey

The day was set with the first drive of the day, actually it was on the kickoff. All three phases were soundly beaten, Kitna had a bad day but so did just about everyone else. I think Kitna has five more games, after the three road games, unless we somehow get back into the race.

As for next weeks game Cincy will rebound against the Texans. I'm sure the Texans will have the same let down as we did today since they just beat the Panthers. Notice serious contenders don't have that problem.

Finally I don't know what the deal is with Wethersby but Hawkins has to go.

Kitna played poorly because they couldn't run the ball,

Kitna played poorly for the same reason they couldn't run the ball. Bad play by the O line. You also have to give some credit to the cards D they were pretty highly rated going into this game, and this is why.

As for the defense, they got ran on in the 2 wins as well. I also remember another kid that ran all over the Bengals and no one could believe it. His name was Priest Holmes. Nobody knows a lot about this Shipp kid either. Maybe he's just plain that good too.

Can't believe some of the comments I'm reading. This was a team that had 1 less win than we did. And both of them were over pretty good teams as well. Chalk it up to the fact that the Bengals are going to lose some games .... even against teams that don't look that good on paper. Point is, they will still be better a week form now. I doubt that this is going to turn into another 7 game skid. The coaches we have and the PLAYERS we have are better than that. How many times have you been able to say that over the last 12 years or so?

I doubt that this is going to turn into another 7 game skid. The coaches we have and the PLAYERS we have are better than that.

I couldn't agree more. It's funny how the press is already starting to say "same old Bengals" Gimme a break. Yeah the O-line needs some serious work, I also think that part of that can be contributed to Reggie Kelley being out, but the line needs a new center and right guard, badly...I mean really badly...

No I don't believe its the same old Bengals but it showed some definite weaknesses and really how fragile this team still is. Its going to take some more free agents and GOOD draft choices to really turn this team around. If you really want to feel better check out the Steeler forums they are hilarious! Even with the Ravens winning their fans still rag on them. No I'm not happy about what happened today but for the first year in a very long time I've got real interest back and actually screamed at the TV, boy did that feel good!!

I couldn't agree more. It's funny how the press is already starting to say "same old Bengals" Gimme a break. Yeah the O-line needs some serious work, I also think that part of that can be contributed to Reggie Kelley being out, but the line needs a new center and right guard, badly...I mean really badly...

I agree with your other post ........... as far as the media is concerned, they can kiss it for everyone in Cincinnati, and Bengals fans where ever they happen to be. More disturbed by the " fans " reactions to a loss that was equal parts bad game by our team and good game by the other guys. People ( not you I know ) are wringing their hands over how tough the rest of our schedule is after Houston. They won today folks! All the games are tough, That doesn't mean we can't win our share. We've already beat a couple of tough teams, and darned near a couple more.

As far as work on the line, you're right it needs work. So does the secondary, and so does the special teams. Half of last years starters are gone. It's a shame about some, and good riddance to the rest. Point is, he ( coach Lewis ) couldn't get rid of all of them. In some cases he had to keep the best of a bad lot. More will be gone next year.

All I know for sure is there seems to be a lot more room on the bandwagon all of a sudden.

Off topic ................ Did you notice anything different about halp ????????

Kitna has been playing exceptionally well, and he was bound to have a bad game sooner or later. But when something like that happens, the rest of the team has to pick up the slack. Whether it's running the ball, getting a big play on special teams or the defense forcing a turnover or actually STOPPING the run.

This was a nice reality check for the Bengals though I think, after beating the division leading Ravens and the now 6-2 Seahawks they might of had a little bout of overconfidence.

This was a terrible game all the way around.

My first question. Why was our third cornerback (Hawkins) covering their number one receiver (Boldin) a lot of the game? Why wasn't James or Burris on him? Or better yet why is Hawkins our third CB in the first place. He's lousey. Kaesviharn isn't the greatest, but he does make plays every now and then. Also is Weathersby that bad that he can't beat out Hawkins for a spot on the active roster?

Kenny Watson hopefully won't be back returning kickoff next week after he ran into Rudi on the opening KO and really messed up on another KO that left us at the 2 yard line.

Kitna looked like the Kitna of old today. Now I'm not going to be calling for Palmer to be put in, but some of his throws were just completely off target and quite possibly got lucky to leave the game with only 2 ints. He's looked very good the past few weeks and hopefully he can bounce back next week against the Texans.

By the way, was Corey benched or was he injured? I know he wasn't very effective.

By the way, was Corey benched or was he injured? I know he wasn't very effective.

In his interview, coach Lewis said that Dillon had tightened up during half time. He said that it was understandable, and that he intended to play and start him next week. Something to the effect that Dillon is our best runner and we just have to get the running game going.

Totally dismissed any possibility of taking Kitna out.

This was a terrible game all the way around.

My first question. Why was our third cornerback (Hawkins) covering their number one receiver (Bolin) a lot of the game? Why wasn't James or Burris on him? Or better yet why is Hawkins our third CB in the first place. He's lousey. Kaesviharn isn't the greatest, but he does make plays every now and then. Also is Weathersby that bad that he can't beat out Hawkins for a spot on the active roster?

Kenny Watson hopefully won't be back returning kickoff next week after he ran into Rudi on the opening KO and really messed up on another KO that left us at the 2 yard line.

Kitna looked like the Kitna of old today. Now I'm not going to be calling for Palmer to be put in, but some of his throws were just completely off target and quite possibly got lucky to leave the game with only 2 ints. He's looked very good the past few weeks and hopefully he can bounce back next week against the Texans.

I agree with almost everything you said there, I couldnt have said it better about the secondary situation, and the running game was non-existant.

it's hard to believe the bengals got their "asses kicked" as one of the bengal players said in the postgame and still only lost 17-14. a good a-kicking in the past was 42-7 or something like that.

Well, this could have easily been a 20-zip thumping had the Cards not been so inept and the officials had a little more cajones. Take away one roughing penalty and get the call right on CJ's 41 yard "catch" and both our TDs go away, then figure any decent kicker puts a 34-yarder through and there you go.

This was a bad game on all fronts. Kitna was off target all day, the o-line and d-line both lost the battle in the trenches, we couldn't run, we couldn't stop Jeff friggin' Blake, and worst of all we were clearly out-coached at the half. AZ went in, made their adjustments, and came out and dominated us.

Simply put, the worst game of the season...so far. And I could do without a topper, thank you.