griffey/dibble

skyline

did you guys see the quotes going back in forth on espn's reds page?

i'll have to side with griffey on this one.

Junior, Dibs exchange fastballs

Ken Griffey Jr. and ESPN's Rob Dibble, a former Red, haven't exactly seen eye-to-eye in recent years. When Griffey told the Reds he'd like Marty Brennaman or Joe Nuxhall to broadcast his 500th home run because the fans deserve the historic shot to be called by a recognized, long-time voice rather than that of new announcer Steve Stewart, Dibble gave his thoughts on "The Dan Patrick Show" June 16, criticizing Griffey and saying the centerfielder didn't have fans in mind when he missed an exorbitant number of games the past few seasons. "That goes back a few years when I wouldn't autograph a ball for him," Griffey told The Dayton Daily News June 17. "He rips me all the time, so why would I sign a ball for him? He's ripped me ever since. He needs to grow up. ... He's just mad and bitter because he was never more than a 100 miles-an-hour set-up guy."

cleveland has one ring but are fans are real and actualy go to games remember when ur srry stadum opened last yr and at the end of the yr it was empty and were given tickets away thats said

Buggy, I couldn't make a bit of sense out of that post. Would you like to buy a vowel, and if you did would you know where to place it?

I hope this isn't more smack. <_<

he over used vowels billy.

and wow u have one ring...so do we! I always like going to games to root for a loser. U guys are just used to it cuz it happens year in, year out. We arent used to it so ya we arent gonna go when we are losing cuz we save our money and go when we are winning...which happens alot more than cleveland.

did you guys see the quotes going back in forth on espn's reds page?

i'll have to side with griffey on this one.

Junior, Dibs exchange fastballs

Ken Griffey Jr. and ESPN's Rob Dibble, a former Red, haven't exactly seen eye-to-eye in recent years. When Griffey told the Reds he'd like Marty Brennaman or Joe Nuxhall to broadcast his 500th home run because the fans deserve the historic shot to be called by a recognized, long-time voice rather than that of new announcer Steve Stewart, Dibble gave his thoughts on "The Dan Patrick Show" June 16, criticizing Griffey and saying the centerfielder didn't have fans in mind when he missed an exorbitant number of games the past few seasons. "That goes back a few years when I wouldn't autograph a ball for him," Griffey told The Dayton Daily News June 17. "He rips me all the time, so why would I sign a ball for him? He's ripped me ever since. He needs to grow up. ... He's just mad and bitter because he was never more than a 100 miles-an-hour set-up guy."

Back to the topic at hand...I listen to The Dan Patrick Show a lot and it does sound like Dibble has some sort of an ax to grind with Griffey. He criticizes him for everything not just the 500th home run thing. Griffey could hit 5 grand slams in one game and Dibble would find fault in it. Now that I think about it he doesn't really say anything positive about the Reds. Maybe he thinks people will think he's a homer if he says anything good about a member of the Reds.

If I remember right something happened between Dibble and Jack McKeon also when he was managing the Reds. Can't remember what it was though.