I see 9 wins tops, with a shot at 10

icehole3

I see a realistic shot at 10-6 with our schedule. Getting Carson back is obviously a Major factor, as well as a healthy(and seemingly inspired) Ocho. I figure our Defense finishing 12th last season, and the addition of Tank Johnson/Roy Williams/Rey Maualuga/Michael Johnson, and Keith Rivers for a full season definately puts us top 10. We make the playoffs as a Wild Card.

Don't roll over us just yet Pu.sy cats. I like how you always think you will get 2 wins out of us every year. I can't wait to bust your noggin this year, and throw your ass in the back of the division where you belong. :happybirthday:

Could you speak up please?

Your voice doesn't carry well from the basement.

Don't roll over us just yet Pu.sy cats. I like how you always think you will get 2 wins out of us every year. I can't wait to bust your noggin this year, and throw your ass in the back of the division where you belong. :happybirthday:

Could you speak up please?

Your voice doesn't carry well from the basement.

HEY!!!

Even if we get to the 10 win mark, we could still miss out on the playoffs with the Ravens and Steelers both having easier schedules than us. Yes, there's the possibility of us doing better than the Ravens with some of their losses in the offseason, but you simply can't write off that defense as has been tried for the last few years saying they are getting older. This time of the year is always funny to me. I visit a bunch of other teams forums and talk on some and almost all fans think their team is going to win 9 or better at this point in time. It's the whole, "why not us?" line of thought. The Dolphins did it last year, "why not us?"...

Once the camps start and we get to the preseason, I'll go a little further into trying to predict the record.

Even if we get to the 10 win mark, we could still miss out on the playoffs with the Ravens and Steelers both having easier schedules than us. Yes, there's the possibility of us doing better than the Ravens with some of their losses in the offseason, but you simply can't write off that defense as has been tried for the last few years saying they are getting older. This time of the year is always funny to me. I visit a bunch of other teams forums and talk on some and almost all fans think their team is going to win 9 or better at this point in time. It's the whole, "why not us?" line of thought. The Dolphins did it last year, "why not us?"...

Once the camps start and we get to the preseason, I'll go a little further into trying to predict the record.

Dude...you've hit it. Forget Ludwig's 'Fight Back' motto. Marvin's mantra for training camp this year is 'Why Not Us?' Make these well-payed, Not Ready for Prime Time Players, ask and answer that question. Crank up the t-shirt press, I like it.

Even if we get to the 10 win mark, we could still miss out on the playoffs with the Ravens and Steelers both having easier schedules than us.

Only because they play us twice a year.

I'm serious...that's why they come out lower on the metric. Too bad we can't play ourselves twice a year.

Although, it could be argued that the Bengals play themselves every year before the season even starts.

I like the "why not us" philosophy, but I can't take credit for the original thought. Merely repeating what I've read applied to other teams and applied it here. Heck even other members here have used that same line at one point in time or another. So, while I can't take credit, I will wholeheartedly agree with the t-shirt idea.

On the back of the t-shirt at the top it will read "Cincinnati Bengals"

Under that will be a pic of the Lombardi Trophy

Then under that, the saying, "Why not us ?"

I'd venture to say more than a few of us have the answer to "Why not" but I will leave that one alone...