Dillon Update

B24

maybe he'll want to play with smith, that's e. smith; you know; the rb next yr.??!!!! ;)  any way, who knows what the h.... he wants anymore..... "frankly SCARLET, I DON'T GIVE A DAM..n.........

One of the more interesting things I've seen reported about Dillon in the last couple days was attributed to Pasqerelli over at espn (tho I heven't been able to find the report firsthand, it may have been part of their insider crud you have to pay for). The report noted that the last two years of Dillon's contract (next year and 05, I think) contain "de-escalator" clauses that actually *reduce* Dillon's pay if he doesn't hit 1,500 yards in both seasons.

Maybe this is standard stuff in NFL contracts, I dunno, but it strikes me as a bit bizarre. And it explains Dillon's recent kvetching quite reasonably. They way his contract is structured with these clauses, Dillon is actually financially incented to be a selfish bastige. The Bengals becoming a pass-oriented team will cost him money--not just theoretical cash he might make if he hits an incentive clause, but actually triggering a pay cut.

I think that would annoy me, too.