Top 7 is panning out

If Wells goes ANYWHERE before we pick, I will laugh my ass off. I will be happy as hell, because that means someone will fall to us, but I don't see that as ANYWHERE near a possibility.

If it did go like that, go ahead and give me Monroe. The debate to take a Center in the 2nd or 3rd would gretly depend upon who else was sitting there in the 2nd round. Connor Barwin would present an intriguing option, but only if they view him as a DE, not as a TE.

I agree, DE is where he does his most damage, but if the Bengals drafted him dont be surprised if they put him at TE.

If Wells goes ANYWHERE before we pick, I will laugh my ass off. I will be happy as hell, because that means someone will fall to us, but I don't see that as ANYWHERE near a possibility.

If it did go like that, go ahead and give me Monroe. The debate to take a Center in the 2nd or 3rd would gretly depend upon who else was sitting there in the 2nd round. Connor Barwin would present an intriguing option, but only if they view him as a DE, not as a TE.

I agree, DE is where he does his most damage, but if the Bengals drafted him dont be surprised if they put him at TE.

Would I be upset if they view him as a double threat with the ability to play tight end AND make an impact as a pass rushing DE ?? No, but something tells me they don't and if all they view him as is a TE, then I will pass as I can think of 4 other positions of MUCH greater need than TE and all of those positions will be there for the taking in the 2nd round.

OT, Center, DE, and RB should all be taken before they get themselves another TE.

Heck, you could even throw in the linebacker position and a nickle corner before TE.

Just stupid in my opinion...

Why wouldn't they view him as a DE or an OLB? He did play DE exclusively last year, he is an incredible special teams player as well, I believe he had 3 blocks last season. Barwin was a mediocre Tight End, he was an all conference DE I think the debate is settled.

Why wouldn't they view him as a DE or an OLB? He did play DE exclusively last year, he is an incredible special teams player as well, I believe he had 3 blocks last season. Barwin was a mediocre Tight End, he was an all conference DE I think the debate is settled.

I don't think it's "settled" as they were putting him through TE drills during his pro day workout. However, I will agree that he should be viewed more as a DE as he had grester success in that area.

I don't think it's "settled" as they were putting him through TE drills during his pro day workout. However, I will agree that he should be viewed more as a DE as he had grester success in that area.

Not too mention, they worked him almost exclusively at TE during the Senior Bowl practices and he played only TE during the actual game. I think it's a mistake in the case of Barwin, but the Bengals have been looking for a real receiving threat at TE since Tony McGee. Barwin could be a top pash rusher in the NFL in a couple of years and a goal line threat on offense, ala Mike Vrabel. Any team that drafts him is going to save a roster spot if he's used that way while he develops.

he played only TE during the actual game.

He had a tackle

http://www.seniorbowl.com/article.asp?articleID=149

How did he record a defensive tackle if he only played TE?

I have no clue what you guys are talking about TJ, i just read your post and since you like to play like this i thought i'd reply in true TJ style;

Special Teams.

Special Teams.

Nope, thanks for playing!

How can you say nope? Did you see him play LB in the game? Cause to me those stats say 1 tackle, and ST tackles do count. Also when you punt you have your ST offencive line out which usually includes two TE's.

How can you say nope?

Because I already know the answer

A clue for you: do a little research on the game, then respond.....'kay?

I don't need to do research to know that Barwin played special teams at the senior bowl. I also don't need research to know that if he had one single tackle and no assists, odds are it was on ST. So untill you can show me ANYWHERE that it says he played 2 downs of LB and got 1 single tackle and no assists don't ask me to research.

No hissy here - I am just enjoying the fact that the proof of my point is already linked into the thread and Thurmanation\JungleD continues to rant over the "absence" of said proof.

It's quite funny

Yeah i asked you for proof and to try and make yourself seem right in the first place you respond to me with garbage and edit your first post to add the proper link.

This could have been avoided had you responded to me with the link and not acted like a dickfor. I see now that he in fact did play, and i still don't care. I only responded to you cause you do it to everybody else in the same manner.

as I said - quite funny

oh, and the edit was performed about two minutes after the original was posted

About two minutes when i clearly responded 6 minutes after you wrote it. Nice job trying to justify your antics though.