RB Rankings for the draft - Top 5

walzav29

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

how can any one knock a man that weighs 237 lbs and runs a 4.34? the only thing that worries me is his toughness, he was never out for long stretches of the season, how many games has he missed in his career?

i mean a 4.34 at 237 that's calvin johnson type s**t

He played with a broken wrist his entire sophmore season

Our last 2 Big Ten RB's drafted in the 1st round turned out to be major disappointments, to say the least.

We can't be seriously thinking about taking Beanie Wells at #6 overall, can we?

With no real character issues, I can't see him being there in the 2nd, after his Pro Day. He's probably the top RB on the board right now. Maybe we're looking at him as a potential pick if we're able to trade down.

I don't like Wells, but to play devils advocate in my own head. What if because of the failures of A. Smith and D. Klingler the Bengals decided to never draft a qb in the 1st? Then we wouldn't have the Golden boy. If they have to take a RB at 6 I just hope it's Moreno.

Beanie is a tough guy.

Yeah, if by "tough guy" you mean he was injured all the time

Besides TJ, I thought a 4.34 would have you creaming in your pants.

Nah.

I'd rather have a 5.34 guy who can get out of the trainer's room than a 4.34 guy who cannot.

But that's just me.....

Explain to me how playing with a broken wrist his whole sophmore year isn't tough?

what is up with all the wells bashing? i have some issues with him, but nothing that says he is going to be a complete bust. bennie is a very rare breed of speed and power, he got injuried a couple times but only missed 3 whole games his whole time at osu. most questioning his durability are the talking head who really don't know s**t, they say it, now most believe it. the man can play football he can run around you or through you, or just jump over you lol. when he gets to the 2nd level of a defense watch out! he is so strong and fast and also sports one of the nastiest stiff-arms i have seen since dillon. safties and corner have no chance to bring him down, i have rarely seen him lose 1 on 1 in the open field.

now this does not mean i want to draft him at 6th, just stating if you have ever took the time to watch him play. then judge him off that without a BIAS opinion you have to admitt the man can run the ball.

I don't like Wells, but to play devils advocate in my own head. What if because of the failures of A. Smith and D. Klingler the Bengals decided to never draft a qb in the 1st? Then we wouldn't have the Golden boy. If they have to take a RB at 6 I just hope it's Moreno.

wells is bigger AND faster than moreno. i would be disappointed if the bengals took moreno with wells still on the board.

Well be honest are you OSU fans? If so your testamony is tainted. Moreno has excelled against much better competition. How many Big 10 Bust RB's do you need to see? Larry Johnson is a basket-case and had like 2 good years. Then you got Eddie George. Other than that the list is painfully long. 2 Carry Perry is obvious, but you have many many more.

i'm a purdue fan, over the years i've learned to live with the blatherings of buckeye fans. so i'm the last one to be all over an osu player's nuts simply because he played for them.

your points are well taken. the list of bust running backs from the big ten is long, but i'm sure you can make similar claims against all the major conferences. just off the top of my head i can't even think of a starting running back in the nfl from the sec, i'm sure i'm overlooking someone but my point is that the sec doesn't have a long storied history of placing backs in the nfl either.

anyway, wells blend of size, speed and production is pretty impressive. i'm not sure if i like the pick at #6, but its pure tomfoolery to take a guy off the your board simply because of history. as someone mentioned earlier, we wouldn't have carson if we stopped drafting qb's in the first round based solely on akili and klinger.

wells is bigger AND faster than moreno. i would be disappointed if the bengals took moreno with wells still on the board.

I'd be disappointed if they took either of them. We don't need to waste a 1st or 2nd round pick on a RB.