Robert Ayers needs to be our first pick

This kid is going to be great he had a great game against Andre Smith and and a great senior season. I know everyone one is going to say it's to early but this guy will produce. This kid is being over looked for some reason but a good scout will spot him and he won't make it out of the top ten.

Seriously? The guy's not even going to be a top-20 pick....If you're going to "reach" at #6...."reach" for Rey Maualuga.

This kid is going to be great he had a great game against Andre Smith and and a great senior season. I know everyone one is going to say it's to early but this guy will produce. This kid is being over looked for some reason but a good scout will spot him and he won't make it out of the top ten.

Seriously? The guy's not even going to be a top-20 pick....If you're going to "reach" at #6...."reach" for Rey Maualuga.

I'm telling you, this guy might be Justin Tuck. Same resume coming out; Both players were bounced around the defense and never really got comfortable at one spot, had a productive Senior season and excellent post-season leading up to the draft. As maybe the best pure DE in the draft, don't be surprised to see this guy go in the Top 12. I don't see him really being a NFL sack leader, but I believe he is going to be a very, very good two way DE in the NFL.

Yeah I could see that. I think the sleeper is Maybin, honestly

I've been pimpin' Maybin for a while, now. I think he's the second coming of Shawne Merriman and he's only 20 years old. He likely won't be the pick at #6 for the Bengals, but we will look back at this draft in 3-4 years and wonder why we passed on this guy. He has that much talent/athleticism/production, but he's just a tad bit raw, as he should be at this point in his maturation.

If we're going to roll the dice on anyone in the entire draft, I hope it's Aaron Maybin. He'll be a 7-9 sack guy his first season and amongst the league leaders in every year after that, if used correctly.

• 1 month later...
THis kid will not make it out of the first half of the first round bottom line.

Not trying to be a dick here... just asking a real question. You are basically guaranteeing that he will be drafted before the #17 pick. Care to put your money where your mouth is? Are you a betting man?

I would be willing to bet that he goes in the top 17. He''ll most likely not make it out of te top ten though.

Oooh. So close.

So... what do I win?

Kinda cruel, Derek, but it did make me smile

Yeah... I thought about the cruel part briefly before I posted it... but I, like you, enjoy smiling.

I'm not knocking on the guy... because frankly, I respect that he had balls to say such thing. But when you go out on a limb, you should be held accountable... and football forums make that so easy.