Robert Ayers needs to be our first pick

not true. look at jason smith. draft him and he'll be your starting left tackle for the next decade. no gamble at all (precluding injuries, but that's with all draft picks).

at any rate, never heard of this ayers guy, and i'm sure there's a reason for it. :)

I personally think Jason Smith has bust written all over him. He has short arms which makes benchng ten times easier therefor making his numbers look a lot better. Andre Smith has huge arms that he uses at full extension. His benching numbers were deflated due to his long arms and poor technique. I've watched tape of the last 2 top T from previous drafts in Joe Thomas and Jake Long and Andre Smith looks far superior on tape. Don't get caught up in the combine, Andre is the best player in the draft

I can see Ayers slipping his way to #9 over Maybin. Ayers is a force at DE and having watched him in my conference the SEC, it is clear he can be a force. Just too incosistent, and not worthy of #6 pick IMO, or even top 10.

I think he will be a better 3-4 OLB than DE , IMPO

The more I see of this kid, the more I like him. He was pretty dominant at the Senior Bowl but the knock on him is he might be a one year wonder. He's got pretty good size for a 4-3 DE at 6'3'' 270 and it might just be me, or maybe the #91, but he reminds me of Justin Tuck.

Edited by Bengalszone Billy
Edited for Youtube formatting.

This kid is not a tweener this guy is a DE. You could be creative at times but for the most part you want hiws hand down rushing the passer. He will be the best pass rusher in the draft I'm sure of it. I don't agree with the one year wonder his best year was last year not his junior year so he is coming off a productive year. He'll keep moving up I could see this as a possible match at 6. I'm telling you he is that good.

One thing is for sure, the University of Tennessee has produced some very good NFL D-linemen (Haynesworth, Little, Henderson, etc.).

This guy could be in the Derrick Harvey mode where he just continues to build momentum until he's a Top 10 pick. What really helps him is that the majority of the league still runs 4-3 defenses and this is one of the thinnest years in recent memory for classic 4-3 DEs. Everyone is always looking for pash rushers and he's played in the best college football conference in America, with decent production.

It'll be between his and Tyson Jackson from LSU as the first 4-3 DE off the board next month.

UF Gators I could have came back telling you how dumb you are and blah blah blah but honestly you just don't know much about football. THis kid will not make it out of the first half of the first round bottom line. Watch a little football and then come back and talk because you just made yourself look a little stupid in that last post bro.

Isn't Tyson Jackson move of a 3-4 End at 6'4 290+ lbs?

Ayers 2007- TFL:12 Sack:4 2008 TFL:15 Sack:3 6'3 272

Orakpo 2007 TFL:9 Sack5.5 2008:TFL:19 Sack:11 6'3 263

Brown 2007 TFL:11.5 Sack6.5 2008:TFL:21.5 Sack13.5 6'1 256

English 2007 TFL:17 Sack 10.5 2008 TFL:16 Sack 8 6'2 255

Just comparing numbers Ayers does not look like a top 10 at all...but play outweighs numbers but still :| you think if he was such a force he'd be able to produce atleast 5 sacks...

Just comparing numbers Ayers does not look like a top 10 at all...but play outweighs numbers but still :| you think if he was such a force he'd be able to produce atleast 5 sacks...

Well, Jackson played the strong end at LSU but is seen as a player that can play the 5 tecnnique, too. I think his versatility and size probably will give him the nod over Ayers, but Ayers has shown more pure, natural pass rushing ability between the two.

In 2007 and even last year, Ayers played inside some on passing downs. He even played a little SLB last year, which shows he has some versatilty and still managed 1st team All SEC honors. It's not a fair comparison when evaluating him against pure edge rushers like Orakpo and Brown. Ayers was used very similar to how we used Robert Geathers in his 2nd season. I don't see Ayers as a pure pash rusher at this point but he should be a more than capable 2-way player that has the explosion and first step to be effective on the edge. He'll need to be coached up more on that aspect of the game but could develop into a Will Smith type of player at DE. Top 10 is maybe a little high for him but it's still pretty early in the process and he's yet to have his Pro Day. He's probably a Top 20 player right now, though.

THis kid will not make it out of the first half of the first round bottom line.

Not trying to be a dick here... just asking a real question. You are basically guaranteeing that he will be drafted before the #17 pick. Care to put your money where your mouth is? Are you a betting man?

I don't know if he'll go that high, most mocks right now have him going from 22 to early-to-mid 2nd round, but like I said, it's still pretty early. One mock site that I respect had Michael Johnson going in the 3rd round and that'll never happen.

Ayers is shooting up the boards and I think benefitting from many of the original DE's getting looked at more as 3-4 OLB's. I don't know if that translates to him being picked in the top 17 as suggested, but I'm not thinking so. I can see him going in the bottom of the first or top of the second, but not much more. However, there is still much time before the draft and in a couple weeks the media may very well have him as the top DE in the draft the way they look at things.

UF Gators I could have came back telling you how dumb you are and blah blah blah but honestly you just don't know much about football. THis kid will not make it out of the first half of the first round bottom line. Watch a little football and then come back and talk because you just made yourself look a little stupid in that last post bro.

I'm not even gonna come back at you with how much I know about football, but lets just say its a s**tload more than you and I am a Gators fan and we play Uni. of Ten. every year and this kid did nothing every single time we played him, if someone reaches for him, then yeah he'll go like 25 but no way is he going in the top half of the first round, it's ur opinion if u think that, but u'll be wrong.

P.S. Ur a douche! Learn how to crack on people a lil better than "U don't know anything about football" good one retard, real original

If you guys want to go back and forth with personal attacks, take it to the smack forum or shoot each other PM's.

You aren't the only ones doing this sh*t, just knock it off.

Back on track, I think that is the knock on Ayers is that it seems he hasn't been very productive throughout his college career and now he shows up and people don't know exactly what to make of him. Someone will reach though.