ESPN First Take mock draft!

they started on Monday by doing a pick a day done by someone affiliated with those teams:

Lions: Matt Stafford

Rams: Jason Smith

Chiefs: Aaron Curry

Seahawks: Eugene Monroe

Browns: Brian Orakpo

the Bengals go on Monday, 16th. I wonder who were gonna pick b/c this personally is a bad situation for us with both LTs gone, there are none left that warrant the 6th overall pick. I always wondered why the Seahawks would take Monroe b/c he's ready to start and they already have two starting tackles so Monroe is a luxury pick for them, kinda how B.J. Raji would be if we took him.

Who do we take if this happens like the teams sports writers have it going?

My choices are Raji, Crabtree, Maclin, or ReyRey

Obviously if this happens then I would love to trade down for someone that wants to jump Oakland for Crabtree, but this is if we have to pick no trading down!

Maualuga then. C in the second, OT in the third (draft's supposed to be pretty deep), pass-rushing DE in the other third. FB in fourth or fifth, along with whatever else we need - what do we need?

what we certainly don't need is a high WR in this draft in my opinion. we spent last year's second rounder on Simpson, and Caldwell wasn't bad last season either, so we should let them develop.

Maualuga then. C in the second, OT in the third (draft's supposed to be pretty deep), pass-rushing DE in the other third. FB in fourth or fifth, along with whatever else we need - what do we need?

what we certainly don't need is a high WR in this draft in my opinion. we spent last year's second rounder on Simpson, and Caldwell wasn't bad last season either, so we should let them develop.

The more information that comes out, the more that I want Maualuga. But I'm really hoping for this because I think the Bengals will have a chance to trade down.

That would be the setup I would envision to help the chances of trading down, but it depends on how much stock teams have in letting Crabtree go to the Raiders and just take Maclin. I have a couple thoughts on this...

I'm in the COMPLETE mindset that if we were to somehow be able to trade Chad, then you could justify a WR right here. The thing is, I don't want Crabtree. I want Maclin. Give me his return capabilties and you have a WR that is going to give the team more production and make the money spent on the #6 pick more worthwhile, but that is just me.

If we HAVE to sit there at #6 without a trade down and aren't getting rid of Chad, it would have to be between Raji and Maualuga. With the thought of bringing back Thornton at a reduced price, that either happens or they wait to take a DT later in the draft to do the same thing Thornton would have done. I think Maualuga would be the pick. He could be a big spark to that linebacking corps and him and Rivers really does intrigue me.

I'd rather have Shon Green, Javon Ringer, Knowshen Moreno or even Beanie before another WR. Reyrey does not appeal much to me, he seems to dissappear in to many games/situations.\

To me drafting a RB to replace Cedric when his two year deal is over seems to be the best option in this situation. Let the rookie learn this season and see if he has what it takes at the end of this year and next season.

Well if it was going to bea RB, which I couldn't see at #6, I would want it to be Moreno. I think that kid is going to be very good for many years to come.

Maclin would make our return game dangerous.

I do agree that if they go WR at #6 Maclin makes alot more sense, with his speed and return abilities.

I would love Crabtree or Maclin, whether we trade Chad or not...Moreno would be killer sweet as well, it would be a stretch to grab him that high but I think if this situation happens then we have to either trade down or grab wuteva we think is the best for our team and I could see us taking Maybin or Everette Brown b/c Marvin Lewis is always looking for his Peter Boulware, and he thought David Pollack was it!

What do u guys think we'll do? Do u agree this is the worst situation possible?

I would say Maualuga has as much chance if not more being drafted if not more then Raji or Crabtree....

-WR even if we trade chad we drafted 3 young guys 2 day one WR's last year...

-DT We have Peko & Sims and shirly backing up yes position still be improved but still quite happy with those 3...

-LB We have solid guys but still could use a playmaker someone who is a force to be reckoned with...

I love dhani he's been one of my favorite players since he was with the eagles but he's 31 and a good starter but the position still could be upgraded...Plus it's not like you have to sit him put him in at SLB....

With all that said Kaz, I don't think i would be too dissapointed with any one them.

WR- Yeah, it doesn't seem like a need. But getting Crabtree now to play slot while he is young, kind of like Torry Holt did when he was a rookie, and let him play and develop and still produce. It would make our offense so dynamic and dangerous. He will replace Chad sooner than later.

DT- Yeah we got Sims and Peko, but Shirley I am not completely sold on. Besides you can never have too many DT's. Look at the Giants for example. They just signed two DT's this offseason(Canty and Bernard) and they already have 3 good ones on the roster. It is all about rotation and keeping those guys fresh.

MLB- Hell if we got ReyRey, I would be a happy man. Him and Rivers could be a excellent duo and would take the pressure off both of them and allow them to make plays.

We can't go wrong with any of them. Take the BPA.

Raji and Crabtree seem to be the front runners.

Is this a hunch, or is it base on something you've read, or heard? I'm not attacking you, I'm just curious why you believe this. I'd be disappointed if they took Crabtree. Our biggest free agent signing was a receiver, I don't think we need our highest draft pick to be the same position.

Is this a hunch, or is it base on something you've read, or heard? I'm not attacking you, I'm just curious why you believe this. I'd be disappointed if they took Crabtree. Our biggest free agent signing was a receiver, I don't think we need our highest draft pick to be the same position.

I'm Guessing the thought is Orakpo,Curry & top 2 Offensive Tackles will be gone...

I don't think we need our highest draft pick to be the same position.

Depends someone offers a late 1st for chad they could take Crabtree,Mack in round one and then OT,DE or LB in the 2nd...

I'm Guessing the thought is Orakpo,Curry & top 2 Offensive Tackles will be gone...

I don't think we need our highest draft pick to be the same position.

Depends someone offers a late 1st for chad they could take Crabtree,Mack in round one and then OT,DE or LB in the 2nd...

With guys like Tory Holt still on the market, no team is going to offer a 1st round draft pick for Chad. You have to remember that Chad is 31 years old.

That said, with two 30-something receivers, one major question in Henry and another major project in Simpson, it wouldn't surprise me at all to see the Bengals select Crabtree. I'll admit he'd probably be the best value there, similar to how Adrian Peterson slipped to 7th to the Vikings, when they already had Chester Taylor coming off a career year.

I only think that the Bengals have more pressing needs, but if they think that Crab is Larry Fitzgerald, then they should take him.

Kirwin over at NFL.com has his new mock up and has the Lions passing on Stafford and Orakpo going #3 to the Chiefs.

That left us the following players to choose from:

Crabtree

Raji

Maclin

A. Smith

Maualuga

All I can say is, I'm really hoping another team covets one of those players and feels an overwhelming need to trade up. I wouldbe more than happy trading down about 5 spots and taking the BPA at that point.

The big news right now is what's going on with Cutler and are they looking to actually trade the guy or not.

I think if they could trade Cutler they would if it meant getting the right pick combination, simply because McDaniels doesn't view Cutler as his "type of QB" and that is why he was trying to get Cassell in there.

That could have an impact on the draft as well, as I could see Denver making a move up to grab Sanchez if the Lions do take Stafford with the first pick.

Did anyone see First Take on Monday? I missed it, I forgot about it.

The guy making the analysis and pick for the Bengals threw out the usual names: A. Smith, Oher, and Raji, and then mentioned Crabtree and Beanie Wells as outside possibilities. He then selected Michael Oher with our pick.

I hate how this draft is shaping up right now.

Did anyone see First Take on Monday? I missed it, I forgot about it.

The guy making the analysis and pick for the Bengals threw out the usual names: A. Smith, Oher, and Raji, and then mentioned Crabtree and Beanie Wells as outside possibilities. He then selected Michael Oher with our pick.

I hate how this draft is shaping up right now.

Thanx, I don't like how this draft is shaping up either, how can someone like Oher with his flags be drafted #6 overall?