The Battle of Ohio,

First off...the good news: Paul Wilson is back off the DL and is starting Friday night! No better pitcher to get the Reds back on their winning ways. I think after a day off, Cincy will come back determined to end this losing streak, and battle St. Louis for 1st in the Central.

Seeing how Cleveland is play sub-500 baseball, I think the Reds have a great opportunity to not just win this series, but sweep it!

Actually I'd rather the Cards win than the Cubs. I still think the Cubs are the team to beat this season, and we could have trouble with them more than any team in the Central.

Secondly, we haven't sweep a sub .500 team yet this season. So now would be a good time to start that trend, however Jeep is right.. lets go with game one.

Then again, I freakin' HATE Cleveland so I hope they bury them tonight tomorroow night, Sunday, July 2-4th, October 17th, and November 28th!

Seeing how Cleveland is play sub-500 baseball, I think the Reds have a great opportunity to not just win this series, but sweep it!

Next time I open my mouth like this, would somebody remind me to SHUT THE F**K UP! I jinxed 'em hard! :angry:

My problem right now is with Jason LaRue. He's catching ability is suspect and his batting stinks. This is one position that I would like to see addressed at the deadline or at the end of the season.

I absolutely 100% agree. He drops easy pitches for passed balls, he's had trouble smoothering the wild pitch, he's batting as good as my aunt Gertude in the church softball league, and he's an absolute liability.

I don't think Valentine or Miller is the answer, but I don't expect him to be around Cincy for too much longer (at least I hope).

Did something happen today? I missed the game because of the race...

Lidle's ERA is 5.50. Yea, I didn't realize it until I heard Tracy Jones on WLW. It was much better earlier in the season though..

Holding the lead for the bullpen is clearly the problem. Now would be a great time for Linder to be in the good graces of Red fans if he's to, ummm, I don't know, use a few bucks...

Man, i hate that this is happening, but really, we all cannot be too shocked. This team has overachieved greatly so far. And with our current rotation, we cant expect to continue at this pace. Dont get me wrong, im not giving up, but it almost looks like the beginning of the end of this run theyve been on....

Man, i hate that this is happening, but really, we all cannot be too shocked. This team has overachieved greatly so far. And with our current rotation, we cant expect to continue at this pace. Dont get me wrong, im not giving up, but it almost looks like the beginning of the end of this run theyve been on....

I agree LK.

I just have to wonder though.. with the recent struggles WHY in the hell isn't Linder (the farkin' Owner) looking to spend money to right the ship? This team has the ability to stay in contention when it has decent pitching, we've proven that this year. Now that our pitching is dying out, why isn't Linder doing something to help them succeed? ANYTHING!

Man, i hate that this is happening, but really, we all cannot be too shocked.  This team has overachieved greatly so far.  And with our current rotation, we cant expect to continue at this pace.  Dont get me wrong, im not giving up, but it almost looks like the beginning of the end of this run theyve been on....

I agree LK.

I just have to wonder though.. with the recent struggles WHY in the hell isn't Linder (the farkin' Owner) looking to spend money to right the ship? This team has the ability to stay in contention when it has decent pitching, we've proven that this year. Now that our pitching is dying out, why isn't Linder doing something to help them succeed? ANYTHING!

Well its hard to blame Linder right now, the market for buying hasnt really begun yet. Teams are still not decided if they are buyers or sellers at this point. And the available pitchers that could really give us a boost is a small short list.

• 3 weeks later...
I'll be rooting the reds to victory in person Sunday. :)

Can't wait to buy the 5 dollar beverages. They probably cost 8 now. :angry:

Mat, haven't you ever heard of a flask? :blink: A few shots of your favorite booze sure makes the beer go a whole lot farther, plus far fewer trips to the mens room!

Anyway the Reds got an important win tonight. Cincy must stay at least within 5 games until the All Star break. The bullpen pitched quite well, as did Paul Wilson. Does anyone else notice that when the pitching is somewhat there, the Reds usually walk away with the win? B)