A Run or a Pass

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great Poll - !

I voted other. Carson will undoubtedly pass on his first play from scrimmage, but it will be a 12 yard completion to Matt Schobel.

Why..?

1. Carson is a very accurate passer.

2. His best atribute coming out of college was reading the field, so he'll take what's available.

3. ML and Co. will want him under fire to show the League what they'll be tasting for the next 10 seasons ! :)

he'll take what's available.

If the defense throws an all out blitz on the Bengals 1st & 10, (which is VERY probable) I'm pretty sure either Chad, Peter, or Kelly will be more than available.

Wait a doggone minute!...Chad, Peter, Kelly, or Rudi...Hey! :blink: When did the brothers start adopting the use of totally white boy names!! :lol:

Sorry. I'm off topic, but that struck me as funny! :P

Seeing how this will be Carson Palmers first snap taken in a regular season professional game, what play do you think will be called?

I voted for a handoff--under normal circumstances. Normal circumstances = kickoff, taking the ball and making it to the Bungle 20-35 yard line.

I'm thinking the 1st couple of plays will be handoffs. Then Drunkowski will start to believe that Palmer is the next Joe Montana and abandon the run after a few Chardonnays of Invicibility.

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

I voted for a handoff--under normal circumstances.  Normal circumstances = kickoff, taking the ball and making it to the Bungle 20-35 yard line.

When, can you tell me, did the Bengals last approach ANYTHING normally. It's been a long damn time, ain't it? :blink:

Where's the fun in running it?

Take the Ferrari out of the garage and take it for a spin down the highway, while everyone on the opposing sideline thinks you're going to take the hummer out for a test drive to the end of the street. Palmer to CJ = Touchdown. The walls of the stadium would fly off the building. Even though they would be angry Jets fans... :player: :D :player:

Tortoise or the Hare... Slow and easy does it.  Just remember who won the race.

C'mon man. This ain't "Mother Goose" we're talkin' here! This is the NFL! If you see and advantage, you hit it hard, fast, and often!

I really don't care which play is run first, just that it's a successful play run first! Carson isn't the sum of the offense, and any success would be shared as a unit!

Hand off to Rudi Johnson or Chris Perry for a good gain...hey, I'm down with that.

Carson Palmer balling up and hitting ANY open receiver for big yardage? I'm REALLY down with that!! :player:

Pass, I think the best way to get a rookie QB (in essence atleast) to have success is test him early and see how well he does. Palmer has an arm, let him use it. You have the WRs that are right for him, so I say BOMBS AWAY!

Man...even our resident Atlanta Falcons fan gets it! If you got it, flaunt it! B)

Pass, I think the best way to get a rookie QB (in essence atleast) to have success is test him early and see how well he does. Palmer has an arm, let him use it. You have the WRs that are right for him, so I say BOMBS AWAY!

Man...even our resident Atlanta Falcons fan gets it! If you got it, flaunt it! B)

If you go on that theory then why were we not flaunting Palmer last year?

If you go on that theory then why were we not flaunting Palmer last year?

I guess they're hoping the extra year gives that pass a little less shot of being picked off :D

Ding! Ding! Ding! Ding! Ding! :lol: We have the correct answer!!! :rolleyes: And what prizes do we have for him Johnny!?!

Well Bob...It's an all expenses paid membership to BENGALSZONE.COM!!!

**********crowd goes WILD!**************

:lol:;)

Warrick had a good season in the slot, but he's never earned his supersize paycheck. :player:

Why don't you guy's give him a chance with Palmer's arm getting the ball to him instead of weak armed Kitna! Warrick was only half of the issue, remember? :blink:

You know, our offense for a long time was the run....we've had good RB's, but our QB's? Please, everyone knows about our QB situation

I'd like to see the ball fly too, and with Bratkowski running the helm, we're gonna see a lot more of it :player:

Kick Off Return ................................................................................

..............for a TD !

external optimism