Eugene Monroe has knee issues

http://www.rotoworld.com/content/playernews.aspx?sport=NFL

Virginia OT Eugene Monroe will reportedly be red flagged by some teams after he was discovered to have "knee issues" at the NFL Combine.

Often teams will spread pre-draft information like this about players they're hoping will fall to them. Monroe, a possible No. 1 or 2 overall pick, missed two games as a junior with a knee injury. He also dislocated his left kneecap as a sophomore. It's uncertain if Monroe is considering surgery.

"Anthony Munoz will be red flagged by some teams for "knee issues"

Just sayin'.

That was during a time when the Bengals luck was different.

Different? How so?

This may just be from an outsiders prospective of the Bengals during that decade (I was four years old the last time they were in the Superbowl). When you look at the 80's Bengals you see things that worked out like taking Munoz even though he had knee problems. They found two great QBs in the 80's, and they went to two Superbowls.

Then you look at the 90s and this decade which is the time I grew up watching Bengals football. Instead of Anderson and Esiason you have Klingler and Akili Smith. We draft people like Ki-Jana Carter and Kenny Irons who both showed a lot of promise and they both get serious knee injuries before they even get to touch the ball in the regular season. You look at corners like Charles Fisher and Dennis Weathersby who both looked like they would be starters and are ruined by freak injuries. You have Carson Palmer complete a deep pass in the playoffs and then some hitman takes his knee out.

I'm not saying nothing bad ever happened in the 80's, but it was nothing compared to the 90's.

Looking back on everything I still have no clue why I became a Bengals fan. I grew up during a time when the Bengals were the absolute worst team in the NFL, my grandpa was a Browns fan, and all of my friends were Steelers fans. I can't imagine rooting for another team, though.

Just sayin'.

Different? How so?

This may just be from an outsiders prospective of the Bengals during that decade (I was four years old the last time they were in the Superbowl). When you look at the 80's Bengals you see things that worked out like taking Munoz even though he had knee problems. They found two great QBs in the 80's, and they went to two Superbowls.

Then you look at the 90s and this decade which is the time I grew up watching Bengals football. Instead of Anderson and Esiason you have Klingler and Akili Smith. We draft people like Ki-Jana Carter and Kenny Irons who both showed a lot of promise and they both get serious knee injuries before they even get to touch the ball in the regular season. You look at corners like Charles Fisher and Dennis Weathersby who both looked like they would be starters and are ruined by freak injuries. You have Carson Palmer complete a deep pass in the playoffs and then some hitman takes his knee out.

I'm not saying nothing bad ever happened in the 80's, but it was nothing compared to the 90's.

Looking back on everything I still have no clue why I became a Bengals fan. I grew up during a time when the Bengals were the absolute worst team in the NFL, my grandpa was a Browns fan, and all of my friends were Steelers fans. I can't imagine rooting for another team, though.

Don't forget to Add David Pollack and Odell Thurman to your list...and Reggie Rembert, Reinard Wilson, LaMont Thompson, Jason Buck...oh are we talking bad luck to only injuries or how the guys paned out?

Just sayin'.

Different? How so?

Don't forget to Add David Pollack and Odell Thurman to your list...and Reggie Rembert, Reinard Wilson, LaMont Thompson, Jason Buck...oh are we talking bad luck to only injuries or how the guys paned out?

I count both, but the injuries are the main sign of how bad our luck is.

Just sayin'.

Different? How so?

Do you have Faith in our Medical & training staff? I don't :| To me it doesn't sound like a good idea to draft a guy who has had knee problems to replace a guy who we took knowing he had knee problems and has now became a bum.....

He'll get his chance to show what he can and can't do on his knee during his pro day and there will be just as many teams that will be willing to overlook a couple of injuries during his college career if he appears to be the elite OT prospect many people think he is. You could put Andre Smith in the same boat when the scouts get a chance to see him during his pro day. I guarantee there are MANY teams that are willing to make the statement that Smith is off their board in the hopes he falls right into their laps. Same could go with Monroe's knees.

You could put Andre Smith in the same boat when the scouts get a chance to see him during his pro day. I guarantee there are MANY teams that are willing to make the statement that Smith is off their board in the hopes he falls right into their laps.

As I recall Alabama has one of the earlier pro days. March 11th maybe? Not a great deal of time for Smith to improve his conditioning if it was as poor as rumored at the combine.

You could put Andre Smith in the same boat when the scouts get a chance to see him during his pro day. I guarantee there are MANY teams that are willing to make the statement that Smith is off their board in the hopes he falls right into their laps.

As I recall Alabama has one of the earlier pro days. March 11th maybe? Not a great deal of time for Smith to improve his conditioning if it was as poor as rumored at the combine.

Concur if the rumors were true. I'm merely pointing out that IF he's in shape and shows the reason he was once considered the top OT, if not player in the draft, people will be quick to forget some of his antics at the combine.

Concur if the rumors were true. I'm merely pointing out that IF he's in shape and shows the reason he was once considered the top OT, if not player in the draft, people will be quick to forget some of his antics at the combine.

I agree with that. As long as Monroe's knees hold up, I think all four top tackles are gone by the 13th pick. Andre Smith is the biggest of the top four tackle prospects, but he still has very light feet, he can get to the second level to block linebackers, he has the longest arms of the big four, and he is by far the most powerful run blocker of the first round o-linemen prospects. People will very quickly forget about the combine incident. I think there is a good possibility the Browns draft Andre Smith. It doesn't look like Curry is going to fall to them and the Browns weakest spot on their o-line is the right tackle position. Smith would make that line scary good.

Also, on NFL Network during the combine coverage they said Andre Smith was lifting and running on his own, he just hadn't been at one of those training facilities for the combine because he was picking out an agent. I think the reports of him being out of shape are probably overblown and I don't think it will affect his draft status that much.

I agree completely. Just pointing out how little time he's had to change his conditioning...so if he does impress it's more proof the combine fiasco was overblown. And on THAT point I still insist that without further evidence to the contrary this guys draft day slide will come to a stop no later than the #10 slot.

You just never know, he might be in worse condition and totally f*ck up again. I'm betting that's not the case and his agent has MORE than reminded him how much money he stands to lose by screwing anything else up. I'm pretty sure a good showing and good mindset to talk to coaches would put him right back in the mix of things.