Pistons:)

richmond_mat

Man I'm psyched about game two. :player:

The Pistons' defense is like the Ravens when they won it all. If the Pistons pull it off then their defense will be rated amongst the best. :o

I like their chances. ^_^

Tayshaun on Kobe is a brilliant matchup. No one can shut Kobe down, but Tay slows him down and frustrates him. :wacko:

Gawd I wish I'd layed a fifty on them two months ago.

The Pistons' defense is like the Ravens when they won it all.  If the Pistons pull it off then their defense will be rated amongst the best. :o

Tayshaun on Kobe is a brilliant matchup.  No one can shut Kobe down, but Tay slows him down and frustrates him. :wacko:

I'm psyched too. Although I'm more psyched that the next three games are in Detroit. If they can pull off the win tonight, they'll take it all. If not, they still have 3 in a row at home. I love Larry Brown's approach to guarding Shaq...no double team, let him do his thing and shut down the rest of the team...genius. I heard last night that Ben Wallace doesn't want LB to even think about double teaming Shaq. BW wants to guard him by himself. Gotta love that attitude. Go Pistons.

The Pistons' defense is like the Ravens when they won it all.  If the Pistons pull it off then their defense will be rated amongst the best. :o

Tayshaun on Kobe is a brilliant matchup.  No one can shut Kobe down, but Tay slows him down and frustrates him. :wacko:

I'm psyched too. Although I'm more psyched that the next three games are in Detroit. If they can pull off the win tonight, they'll take it all. If not, they still have 3 in a row at home. I love Larry Brown's approach to guarding Shaq...no double team, let him do his thing and shut down the rest of the team...genius. I heard last night that Ben Wallace doesn't want LB to even think about double teaming Shaq. BW wants to guard him by himself. Gotta love that attitude. Go Pistons.

No one in the NBA can guard Shaq-Fu. Not even Big Ben. Don't try it--to one on one the big man. In order to beat the Lakers, you must collapse around the Big Man and force the Fakers to beat you outside. Hack-A-Shaq helps, but that philosophy doesn't beat them either.

I still say the Fakers take it in 6 games.

No one in the NBA can guard Shaq-Fu. Not even Big Ben. Don't try it--to one on one the big man. In order to beat the Lakers, you must collapse around the Big Man and force the Fakers to beat you outside. Hack-A-Shaq helps, but that philosophy doesn't beat them either.

The beauty of it is they don't have to shut Shaq down....just get in his way, disrupt him a little bit and send him to the free throw line every once in a while. Shaq's going to get his points, and the Pistons know this. There's no way to stop him. They didn't double him in game 1 and they still won. Double teaming him takes away from the Pistons ability to rebound. As long as they can shut down the rest of the team, with the semi-exception of Kobe (he's going to get his points too) they can win...just like they did yesterday. It will be interesting to see how the Lakers adjust tonight.

The beauty of it is they don't have to shut Shaq down....just get in his way, disrupt him a little bit and send him to the free throw line every once in a while. Shaq's going to get his points, and the Pistons know this. There's no way to stop him. They didn't double him in game 1 and they still won. Double teaming him takes away from the Pistons ability to rebound. As long as they can shut down the rest of the team, with the semi-exception of Kobe (he's going to get his points too) they can win...just like they did yesterday. It will be interesting to see how the Lakers adjust tonight.

I do know this--is that Larry Brown is a very underrated coach. He got a whole lot of flack with the Iverson thing--however, I like the defensive minded coaches in the NBA.

The Pistons have LB and his defensive mind is an advantage. Shaq plays in the West, where they don't play defense. The Mavericks, Kings, and Timberwolves are only interested in scoring.

That may be the difference that Detroit needs.

;)

I do know this--is that Larry Brown is a very underrated coach. He got a whole lot of flack with the Iverson thing--however, I like the defensive minded coaches in the NBA.

The Pistons have LB and his defensive mind is an advantage. Shaq plays in the West, where they don't play defense. The Mavericks, Kings, and Timberwolves are only interested in scoring.

That may be the difference that Detroit needs.

;)

I agree that Larry Brown is underrated. I think he gets the most out of his players which I think is a huge reason why the Pistons are even in the finals. He knows how to make them play D his way. I think the Lakers may have an answer tonight though.

woah buddy, lakers and celtics in the 80s had better defense than the pistons do now...and hell the pistons in the late 80s was better as well. The only difference is that they dont score points and run the clock down alot unlike the offenseminded teams that still played great defense. I think its more about the pistons inability to score and ability to run the clock alot vs their superior defense. They have good defense dont get me wrong but i wouldnt even rank them in the top 10 of all time. Celtics in the 70s was better D as well. I could go on and on...

woah buddy, lakers and celtics in the 80s had better defense than the pistons do now...and hell the pistons in the late 80s was better as well. The only difference is that they dont score points and run the clock down alot unlike the offenseminded teams that still played great defense. I think its more about the pistons inability to score and ability to run the clock alot vs their superior defense. They have good defense dont get me wrong but i wouldnt even rank them in the top 10 of all time. Celtics in the 70s was better D as well. I could go on and on...

I'd like to see some stats the few I found didn't do much to satisfy my appetite. :rolleyes:

http://www.celticstats.com/season/8384.html

http://www.nba.com/pistons/stats/

Overtime. :huh::blink:

that was a great game last night and this will end up being a great series...something the nba needed and didnt bargain for. I sure didnt. I thought la would walk all over them due to their lack of size, but their size is what is keeping them in the games, and they fly around on defense which i enjoy. They played good defense all game till the end and in overtime and thats when the big boys came to play. Couple cheap foul calls (bs ones i might add)almost cost us the series but our heart and heroics salvaged the series. Go lakers!!!

Listen...I'm no fan of pro basketball, but I love seeing the underdog take it to the favorite! If the Lakers have this much trouble AT HOME....God help them in Detroit!

...as I was saying... B)

The Pistons have proven they can win in L.A.! The Lakers look like a throughly beaten team in Detroit. Shaq and Kobe do NOT a team make. Nobody else on Los Angeles will or can step up! I cannot believe what a non factor Malone and Payton have been!

The Lakers were supposed to have the momentum coming off that emotional win in the last game. Well THAT didn't happen! Simply put...I think the Pistons want it more!

The Pistons have proven they can win in L.A.! The Lakers look like a throughly beaten team in Detroit. Shaq and Kobe do NOT a team make. Nobody else on Los Angeles will or can step up! I cannot believe what a non factor Malone and Payton have been!

The Lakers were supposed to have the momentum coming off that emotional win in the last game. Well THAT didn't happen! Simply put...I think the Pistons want it more!

Tonight it looked like the whole Laker team was a non factor. :lol:

The Lakers got their butts handed to them. Got beat by 20 and Kobe and Shaq score only 25 combined points.

This is the only thing good about the NBA. The finals. The NBA should just skip the season and just go straight to the playoffs. Same goes for the NHL.

This is the only thing good about the NBA. The finals. The NBA should just skip the season and just go straight to the playoffs. Same goes for the NHL.

I'll second that. The vast majority of the regular seasons of the NBA/NHL induces more yawns than a Yanni concert! :lol:

I must say, Detroit is really impressing me. I didn't give them a chance, they have respectfully proved me wrong.

Man Kirk--you're not kidding. I'm going to say that I was right about the West not playing any defense and East playing exceptional defense. That is what is proving why the Pistons are up 2-1.

A couple of things that the Lakers have up still on the Pistons:

1. Playoff Experience--the Lakers have been there. If you remember correctly, a couple of years back, the Lakers were down 3-1 to the Sacramento Queens. The Lakers ended up taking that series in a legendary game 7...which leads us to......

2. URGENCY!!!!!! The Lakers know urgency. Especially in the playoffs. I can't help to think that the Fakers are going to storm back in game 4 and 5.

However, how do you only score 68 points in a game????? That must have been oogly as hell. The Bricklayers have switched locations. They now play basketball on the West Coast.

It's a great day to be a Pistons fan :D Tayshaun and Ben were HUGE on D last night. Hell, the whole team was for that matter. I loved the way Big Ben ran his ass off to get back and cover on D. He can move for a "big man."

Hey Mat. Musberger just plain sucks...literally. That's why he's on radio instead of tv. Nobody can see what (who) he's doing during time outs.

However, how do you only score 68 points in a game?????

You run into the Piston Defense! :angry:

Why is it that whenever the Lookers get BEAT noone will give the winner credit? <_<

As long as the pistons keep winning I don't care. :)

Like I said: Shaq is a hack. If he weren't freakishly big then he'd be pickin' up the trash after the game. :P

BTW Tayshaun Prince on Kobe is a brilliant matchup and the Lookers might want to start Luke Walton. :blink:

Hey Mat. Musberger just plain sucks...literally. That's why he's on radio instead of tv. Nobody can see what (who) he's doing during time outs.

ABC really screwed up when they brought him in from CBS. He was supposed to become their #1 college football game caller, but that never happened. I'd much rather hear the fellow with the kinky biting fetish. I can't think of his name, but he's a good play by play man.

Hey Mat.  Musberger just plain sucks...literally.  That's why he's on radio instead of tv. Nobody can see what (who) he's doing during time outs.

ABC really screwed up when they brought him in from CBS. He was supposed to become their #1 college football game caller, but that never happened. I'd much rather hear the fellow with the kinky biting fetish. I can't think of his name, but he's a good play by play man.

Marv Albert. I don't care what the hell that guy does behind closed doors, he's the best in the biz.

Hey Mat.  Musberger just plain sucks...literally.  That's why he's on radio instead of tv. Nobody can see what (who) he's doing during time outs.

How can you guys say these things about Musburger (however it's spelled). I'm not sure how he's calling the basketball games (and don't care, basketball on radio is dull as hell), but I've always enjoyed him calling the games on Tv for college football. He brings a certain level of excitement to the broadcast when something happens.

And also, there's a reason why he isn't the #1 guy in college football. That reason is called Keith Jackson!