Media love

JBrooks

Last night I got on the chat from ESPN's Chris Mortensen. He's been giving the Bengals some love these days.

(Los Angeles): Big fan, Mort. Love your insight and the fact you can admit when you're wrong...rare for a sportswriter. My question: If Dillon regains full health, but keeps up his clubhouse tirades, can the Bengals continue to string wins together? I'm a big Cincy fan, finally have something to be proud of, and now this. Does he become a distraction when he gets back in games?

Chris Mortensen: You know, it's funny how many Bengals fans I encounter in various spots around the country and I know you are excited. I have a feeling the Bengals are going to finish around .500 (8-8...9-7). Let's remember that a year ago - before the season - a lot of people were picking the Bengals as a darkhorse because they have assembled pretty good talent. Their O-line is outstanding, their young receivers are making plays, the running game is excellent and the defense is learning how to play. Marvin Lewis has done a great job...and I think he knows how to handle Corey Dillon, who probably won't be a distraction - I think.

Also, Mort has Cincy at 15 on his Power Rankings.

Restore the Roar!!!

Yup, they're starting to get noticed. I saw a couple smooches over on foxsports.com the other day. Kitna is No. 3 in their "clutch QBs" rankings (!) and another one of their writers had a "beware the Bengals" blurb in his column.

Of course, whenever this has happened in the past, the Bengals always seemed to respond by choking on a massive scale. If they can get good pub AND beat the Cards Sunday, then we'll really have a sign things have changed!

Of course, whenever this has happened in the past, the Bengals always seemed to respond by choking on a massive scale. If they can get good pub AND beat the Cards Sunday, then we'll really have a sign things have changed!

My biggest worry as well. Cards are just bad enough that we should beat them, and just good enough to pull this one out if we slip up. If that does happen, we won't have to wait for those vultures to come out of the woodwork. There won't be any mention of the Cards beating pretty good teams in SF and Green Bay, it'll just be right back to the same old bungles.

The compliments are nice, but I'd just as soon they held off till we garner a few more W's. It's probably just nerves, but there's usually a good reason when you're nervous too.

A couple of years back, Trumpy made a comment I remember well. " The Bengals. Every time you try to love them they break your heart." I've hated him with a deep, profound passion ever since.

The compliments are nice, but I'd just as soon they held off till we garner a few more W's.

I totally agree, I remember in 2001 when they were winning games, and were 4-3 how everybody paid attention to them, they got all the attention and then they go and rip of 7 losses in a row :blink:

I'm sure we can all agree that we don't want to see that. Of course the players are talking the good talk now, they are saying they haven't done anything really and that they are still under 500, so that's a good sign. I just really can't see Lewis letting this go to their head. The Arizona game will be very telling of how far these Bengals have come....

And the media can kiss my @$$! I still remember at the start of the preseason how they were saying it's still the same old Bengals cause they didn't do well in the preseason.... :angry: Bandwagon jumpers......

The compliments are nice, but I'd just as soon they held off till we garner a few more W's. It's probably just nerves, but there's usually a good reason when you're nervous too.

Of course there is, and Trumpy had it dead on. I don't get upset over the bengals like I used to (somewhere along the line I grew up and realized it's just a game, and if them losing is ruining my day, I'm the one with the problem) but stilll...I really don't know if I could take another 7- or 8-game losing skid.

Just win, boys. Just win.

trump is pretty much in tune with what is happen'n.....he's pretty candid, yet has alot of humor to offer while he hits the key points....... you got'a love what we're experiencing......bring on the compliments ... and the nay-sayers..... we may falter here and there as the season goes on....but overall...i think we'll be there MORE SO than not......... win the division and HOPEFULLY it's a HOME GAME BABY!!!!!!!!!!!

Joisey - I don't get as upset as I used to either. Don't know if I grew up as you put it or just got numb.

halp - As .. wait a minute ............. you look different. Did you do something with your hair ????

kevnz - I agree with you about the media. Don't know what a @$$ is in New Zealand, but whatever it is they can kiss mine too. Another thing they were saying in the pre season was that Marvin should have waited for a better job.