Zampese to the Jets?

HoosierCat

Let's offer Hue some of those free Chad jerseys from the Pro Shop to entice him here

Per C. Trent Hue is drawing interest from the 49ers as well...

Quite possibly one of the only less attractive alternatives than Cincinnati right now.

The 49ers? Maybe. We have the QB, they don't. So from an OC perspective maybe. As a Franchise and team though - much brighter short term future. Especially playing in their division.

Let's offer Hue some of those free Chad jerseys from the Pro Shop to entice him here

Quite possibly one of the only less attractive alternatives than Cincinnati right now.

The 49ers? Maybe. We have the QB, they don't. So from an OC perspective maybe. As a Franchise and team though - much brighter short term future. Especially playing in their division.

Hmmm...I figured BBTB was making a reference to the probability of having to see the head coach's butt on a regular basis...

Hmmm...I figured BBTB was making a reference to the probability of having to see the head coach's butt on a regular basis...

lol. What a cretin move that was. Yeah, Mike. Showing your ass to a room full of highly paid pro athletes is on page one of the motivational handbook.

I'm not sure I'd care if Zampese moved on.

The developement of Fitzpatrick was impressive enough once he got a few games behind him, but I'm still chafed over how incredibly unprepared to play the Bengals #2 QB still was after more than a full season with the team.

What were they doing?

Working with what they have? I mean, yeah Fitzpatrick improved as the season progressed but really, the only way was up. He'll probably end up somewhere like Kansas as number two behind this yr's William & Mary project QB they draft in the 7th round or possibly 3rd at a good team, battling for snaps with the punter-come-emergency QB.

I mean, yeah Fitzpatrick improved as the season progressed but really, the only way was up.

Please, Fitzpatrick came to the Bengals with several games of experience as a starter. He's been in multiple training camps over the years, spent hundreds of hours in meetings, and a few hundred more in NFL practices. And he was with the Bengals for more than a season before getting his first snap...so he was at least remotely familiar with their playbook and personnel. So why was Fitzpatrick so unprepared to play when Palmer was injured? Why did it take a month before Fitzpatrick looked capable of checking down or calling an audible? And why did each following week feature some new wrinkle that should have been there all along, like selling the play action fake or mastering a hard snap count?

Why were they starting from square one?

I mean, yeah Fitzpatrick improved as the season progressed but really, the only way was up.

Why did it take a month before Fitzpatrick looked capable of checking down or calling an audible?

Considering all you said before, that's a very good question. I mean, did he lose that ability down the back of his couch? I don't think we are overflowing with the envy of league when it comes to some of our coaches but srsly, that's their fault somehow? That a QB who has started several games in his yrs in the league, can't do the QB equivalent of farting without s**tting himself when it comes to check downs? Did he himself study any game film or anything?

I'm of the opinion that basically it's because, he's just a little bit s**t, which is why he has bounced around and never been given serious consideration as a starter anywhere in the NFL. A more pertinent question is why was he our #2 (very apt). Although we can't all have a veteran Kerry Collins waiting in the wings I guess, or we don't have the ability to find/luck out on and develop a late round pick into their system for 3 or 4 yrs like NE did with Cassel.

Ultimately, his very limited amount of talent at this level, coupled with not playing in an actual honest-to-goodness game for yonks meant that he was rusty and well, a bit pooh. He did improve over time. Obviously taking the majority of snaps in practice without Carson there and then playing in live games helped him. Hell, maybe even the coaches played a part.

We fell prey to the old - your QB gets twatted seriously, the team is usually up the creek without a paddle. Which is why I kinda like the idea of really giving him a beast of a line. Very rarely can a team survive and plug someone in who can do a good job in the starter's stead. That was never going happen here given that we stunk the joint up when Carson was healthy. Fitz had next to no chance.

Interviewing in TB right now...see ya Z Peessey

Yup.

http://www.bengals.com/news/news.asp?story_id=7468

MOBILE, Ala. _ Quarterbacks coach Ken Zampese, who has interviewed for several offensive coordinator jobs during his six seasons with the Bengals, is headed to another one in Tampa Bay according to Pewter Report.

Zampese, 41, is up against a field that includes two former NFL head coaches in Chan Gailey and Scott Linehan. Conventional wisdom makes them the favorites because the Bucs have a 32-year-old rookie head coach with a defensive background in Raheem Morris.

For someone who was such a complete f**kup with Fitz according to some posters here, he sure 'nuff is drawing a lot of interest...:rolleyes: