2009 schedule

combatbengal

I'm getting excited about next season. We have a few teams on the schedule that I'm pretty sure we can beat. Let's see, there are the Lions, Chiefs, Broncos, and Raiders. Then we have the Packers, Vikings, Jets, Chargers, Bears and Texans. Not to bad!

I hope I remember to bump this thread 9 months from now.

After all, think how nicely it would bookend with all of the future thread(s) you'll be writing about how the Bengals should be losing on purpose.

;)

I'm getting excited about next season. We have a few teams on the schedule that I'm pretty sure we can beat. Let's see, there are the Lions, Chiefs, Broncos, and Raiders. Then we have the Packers, Vikings, Jets, Chargers, Bears and Texans. Not to bad!

I hope I remember to bump this thread 9 months from now.

After all, think how nicely it would bookend with all of the future thread(s) you'll be writing about how the Bengals should be losing on purpose.

;)

I never said nor wanted the Bengals to throw games or lose on purpose. I only asked why win these last few games. It does nothing but knock us farther in the draft. we had the number two pick locked in until we beat those last three teams. And where did those wins get us? Well lets see, other teams have gotten rid of GM's, coaches, and are looking at players. What have the Bengals done? Nothing, we won our last three games so there is no need for change.

I want to see them go to the play offs. I want to see them go to the SB.

Relax, I'm just yanking your chain, tugging your beard, pulling your leg, or whatever goofy phrase the kids call it these days.

Ultimately we all want the same things. We're Bengal fans, right?

That said, I recently spoke at some length with my brother-in-law, who just so happens to be a Cleveland Brown fan, and I can tell you with utter certainty.....when it comes down to who has to eat the s**t cookie during family gatherings.....finishing ahead of the Brownies still matters.

Yes it really does look like an easier schedule next season.

But keep in mind...the other 31 teams will be taking steps to improve, while the Bengals continue to tread water. So you can't look at teams that were bad this year as "gimme games."

Case in point, if Miami would have been on our schedule this season, everyone would have penciled it in as an easy win last offseason at this time.

It really does seem like an easier schedule though. So if I had to make a prediction, assuming Palmer is healthy when he returns, this looks like a 7-9 season coming up for the Bengals.

I predicted 8-8 last offseason, but that was before the Palmer injury.

And before Mike Brown cut Willie, Rudi, and Deltha, doing absolutely nothing with the cap money saved by cutting them.

The Lions and Chiefs should be wins. The other teams you mention might very well be favored vs the Bengals. Even the Raiders. Remember the Bengals are a 4-11-1 team which doesn't see the need for significant change.