Draft picture after the last game of the season

combatbengal

Well, the Bengals won a few games at the end of the season (they always do this), saved MB money and dropped from the second selection in the draft to, see below.

Draft picture after the last game of the season.

# 1 Lions (0-16) They deserve this pick!

#2 Rams (2-14)

#3 Chiefs (2-14)

#4 Browns (4-12) I'm surprised, they did so much during last years off season to improve.

#5 Seahawks (4-11)

#6 Bengals (4-11-1) Bengals select a kicker to replace S. Graham which they lose in FA. Just joking but with MB's football experience, it might happen.

#7 Raiders (5-11) Thank the lord they won today!

#8 Jaguaars (5-11)

#9 Packers (6-10)

You remain on a pretty lonely island bitching about this, combat. I am glad they won out, I am glad they passed Cleveland, I am glad they got some film on some guys who played well. 6th is plenty high enough to get a player that should help this team next year.

Just a thought. Can the Bengals take some learning tips from Miami. Last year, they were 1-15. Hired Parcels as a GM, restructured the organization, signed some players and now they've just won their division! I'd be calling Miami for some tips MB...

Now you're talkin'.

You remain on a pretty lonely island bitching about this, combat. I am glad they won out, I am glad they passed Cleveland, I am glad they got some film on some guys who played well. 6th is plenty high enough to get a player that should help this team next year.

Until the draft comes around! I'm glad we won too but it didn't do anything for the teams future.

I just read this.

After winning one of their first 13 games, the Bengals beat Kansas City today to finish the season with three straight wins. That should be enough ammunition to give Bengals management confidence to stay the course into next season.

So, what did we get out of the three wins again?

- pushed back in the draft

- saved MB money on a top five draft pick

- Bengals finish with three wins which means, little to no change for next season.

- shows that we don't need a GM (in MB eyes)

- shows that we don't need a bigger and or better scouting team (in MB eyes)

- Oh yea, we beat the Browns by 1/2 a game in our Division.

- Oh yea, we beat the Browns by 1/2 a game in our Division.

That in itself is sweet. Cleveland was supposed to be the new force in the North, yet they end up sucking hind tit.

All the reason I need to go to the Browns forum and remind them of this. :devil2:

Well atleast the draft should be interesting because at 2# you pretty much know who is going be taken but 6 spices it up some.

Could be

Eugene Monroe

Brian Orapko

Rey Maualuga

Taylor Mays

Chris Wells <mike brown homer pick>

or even a

Michael Oher

Andrew Smith

Or even trading down would probably be easier at 6 then 2,But then again I doubt we'll move from 6 so...

I was at the game today and can only say how nice it was to see the team win the game. Knowing Cleveland finished in the basement is just the sweetener to this whole season and will be the one thing I will take into the offseason with great pleasure !!!

What did you think of the wave that everybody got going today? Today was fun, and it was the best attitude the fans have had all season. I'm glad they won out the last three games. F**k Cleveland!

It's why I laugh over pronouncements on this board in the fall as to who's good and who's not. The first time I mentioned Andre Smith as a potential top tackle on here, someone told me his arms were too short. Guess not. When I mentioned that picking 6th or 7th wasn't an issue, because even a third tackle was warranted at that spot, I was told E. Monroe was trash.

Nothing "happened" to Oher, they are still shaking out roughly how each position will stack up. The good news for Cincy? This is once again a draft class that is lousy with 1st round T talent. They best get one at 6.

what happened to Oher? a few weeks, everyone was touting him to be one of the greatest OTs ever, and now he's barely being considered a top ten pick?

I guess it depends what you're looking for in a tackle...Andre Smith is considered better technically but less athletic than Michael Oher or Eugene Monroe

The good news for Cincy? This is once again a draft class that is lousy with 1st round T talent. They best get one at 6.

I don't think this is THAT great a draft, with only 2 or 3 'elite' seniors likely to go in the top 10 (Orakpo, Oher, Curry)....the Bengals better hope most of the top underclassman declare, like Crabtree, Bradford, Stafford, Mays, and especially Andre Smith

It's why I laugh over pronouncements on this board in the fall as to who's good and who's not. The first time I mentioned Andre Smith as a potential top tackle on here, someone told me his arms were too short. Guess not. When I mentioned that picking 6th or 7th wasn't an issue, because even a third tackle was warranted at that spot, I was told E. Monroe was trash.

Nothing "happened" to Oher, they are still shaking out roughly how each position will stack up. The good news for Cincy? This is once again a draft class that is lousy with 1st round T talent. They best get one at 6.

I'm gonna have to disagree about the level of 1st round tackle talent for the '09 draft.

*The Knock on Oher is his intelligence. He's not the smartest guy, but his athleticism,size, and film prove he's one of the better lineman overall in the draft. - If he had came out last year, he would've been a first rounder easily.

*Andre Smith is a very solid player. Smith and Oher were preseason favorites to be taken early and they've done nothing to disprove that. Smith is being aided by the success Alabama has had this year, but he's a major reason why they run the ball so well.

*Eugene Monroe is the enigma. There was a lot of hype on him last year because the more teams fell in love with Brandon Albert, the more teams realized how good Monroe is. Once he goes through his workouts, his athleticism will be compared to D'brickashaw Ferguson.

*-Jason Smith from Baylor can play both tackle spots. He also plays up to his talent level, but don't forget about three other guys......

-Russell Okung, Oklahoma St. - Another talented offensive lineman that plays with a mean streak and low pads.

-Ciron Black, LSU - Hard not to like what you see on Film. If we pass on an offensive tackle in the first round, he's the guy I hope falls to us in the second.

-Phil Loadholt,Oklahoma - I'm not a fan of his. I'm not saying he's a bum, but watching the last couple of Oklahoma games, he got used and abused a few times. Comes out of his stance high, missed run blocks because he doesn't move his feet well. - I don't see him as a left tackle in the NFL. Great Size, but his workouts will either push him to the right tackle spot, or he's just a really big guard.

- Herman Johnson G, LSU, can play tackle and he looks to be a solid 2nd rounder. Easily compared to Whitworth because of his size, but he's played tackle before and could play right tackle in the pros.

The overall draft class isn't spectacular but if most of the underclassmen commit like expected, it could be great. This is one of the deepest OL drafts that I've ever seen. It is stacked at OT and C. This is also a nice LB draft as well. I would be happy w/ 1 of 3 things in the 1st and they would be best OT available, Ray Ray (intimidating inforcer), or Terrence Cody. We most likely aren't going to draft another top ten LB but any Tackle would make me happy. I think if u have Sims and Cody and Peko rotating in/out, our DE's would be able to step up their play. Second round should be Center all the way, take the best one available(Max Unger).

I'm gonna have to disagree about the level of 1st round tackle talent for the '09 draft.

*The Knock on Oher is his intelligence. He's not the smartest guy, but his athleticism,size, and film prove he's one of the better lineman overall in the draft. - If he had came out last year, he would've been a first rounder easily.

*Andre Smith is a very solid player. Smith and Oher were preseason favorites to be taken early and they've done nothing to disprove that. Smith is being aided by the success Alabama has had this year, but he's a major reason why they run the ball so well.

*Eugene Monroe is the enigma. There was a lot of hype on him last year because the more teams fell in love with Brandon Albert, the more teams realized how good Monroe is. Once he goes through his workouts, his athleticism will be compared to D'brickashaw Ferguson.

*-Jason Smith from Baylor can play both tackle spots. He also plays up to his talent level, but don't forget about three other guys......

-Russell Okung, Oklahoma St. - Another talented offensive lineman that plays with a mean streak and low pads.

-Ciron Black, LSU - Hard not to like what you see on Film. If we pass on an offensive tackle in the first round, he's the guy I hope falls to us in the second.

-Phil Loadholt,Oklahoma - I'm not a fan of his. I'm not saying he's a bum, but watching the last couple of Oklahoma games, he got used and abused a few times. Comes out of his stance high, missed run blocks because he doesn't move his feet well. - I don't see him as a left tackle in the NFL. Great Size, but his workouts will either push him to the right tackle spot, or he's just a really big guard.

- Herman Johnson G, LSU, can play tackle and he looks to be a solid 2nd rounder. Easily compared to Whitworth because of his size, but he's played tackle before and could play right tackle in the pros.

I don't have a clue how the 2009 draft will rank. Maybe in the 2ed week of April I'll think I know something. What I do know is what I saw from the Bengals and I am confident the Bengals draft position will give them many players to pick from that will directly address the many positions that need serious upgrades. They'll get a stud at #6.

They'll have at least one new coach to help with the draft, Brat is gone. Compare what he did to Zimmer, both had huge injury problems to deal with and Zim did a fine job. Brat is gone. The draft will have to deal with these changes I think likely in 2009.

Chad is traded.

TJ won't be back

Benson will get enough offers, Bengals will have to overpay to keep him. Will do it.

Levi will be waived at some point before season start

Stacy will be waived off IR.

Chris: By "lousy with talent" that means "there's a lot of talent" not that it is "bad talent". I don't think we are in disagreement. There should be a wonderful and fully capable franchise T waiting for the Bengals at #6 overall. All they have to do is take him.

Well, other teams have already started cleaning house and reconstructing their teams. GM's and coaches have been fired, players will be released, etc. So, what's in store for the Bengals. Nothing really becasue we won our last three games which shows that we've improved a great deal. There is no talk about coaching changes, no info on getting a GM, nothing said about the scouting staff, etc.

Well, other teams have already started cleaning house and reconstructing their teams. GM's and coaches have been fired, players will be released, etc. So, what's in store for the Bengals. Nothing really becasue we won our last three games which shows that we've improved a great deal. There is no talk about coaching changes, no info on getting a GM, nothing said about the scouting staff, etc.

Zimmer has made Brat look bad so I can see Marvin wanting to go in a new direction. Put me down for Brat being let go.