triple crown

richmond_mat

Does anyone care about Smarty Jones and the triple crown?  

14 members have voted

1. 1. Does anyone care about Smarty Jones and the triple crown?

• Yes
    • No
    • Smarty Who?

I can't help but to have a place in my heart for horse racing. I briefly worked at Turfway in Florence Kentucky. (Yeah...I shoveled s**t. Kinda explains how I fit in so well here! :lol: )

I'm hoping "Smarty" does win the Triple Crown. It doesn't happen often!

If this poll had been on Monday I'd have voted No, but with all the talk on ESPN radio and the other sports radio stations it's got me wanting to see Smarty Jones win it. I'll be watching the first horse race in my life on TV tomorrow.

Maybe if this was the 1920's or so , but since this is an entirely new millenium, I could care less about a 1600 lb. animal being beaten by a 4'2 85 lb guy with a stick!

:lol:

* But to really drive the point home.. Anyone remember ESPN's 50 greatest athletes of the 20th century..?? - They had the audacity to put Secretariat ahead of 14 other athletes including Walter Payton !

It's a friggin horse people, after it's run it's stupid 2 minute race, it's only good to pull a plow,make glue, or dog food. Or if you live in the South like myself - Krystal Burgers ! The imitation White Castle made from War-Emblem, Funny-Cide, and whatever other recent failure to win the triple crown :lol::lol:

Didn't think i could care any less about horse racing, i was even sick of hearing about Smarty Jones and such. But during the race (which after like 6 hours of hype only lasted 2 minutes) i was really getting into it and pulling for Smarty. Felt kinda cheated and disappointed when he didn't win. Just kinda proves everyone looks for heros they can pull for wherever they can.

* But to really drive the point home.. Anyone remember ESPN's 50 greatest athletes of the 20th century..?? - They had the audacity to put Secretariat ahead of 14 other athletes including Walter Payton !

Yeah Chris, even though I like horse racing, I thought that was inappropriate. Athletes are by my definition, people! It makes as much sense as saying Mario Andretti's race car was an athlete! :wacko: