A very sad statistic

cincyhokie

how many times have the lions scored a TD in the first half this year? once? something ridiculous like that. i think it's the lions who've had more kickoff returns returned for TDs than they've scored regular TDs. now, *that's* sad.

i tried to watch the thursday night game with the raiders, but it was just too painful. the bengals may be pitiful, but at least they're pitiful in an entertaining way.

i tried to watch the thursday night game with the raiders, but it was just too painful. the bengals may be pitiful, but at least they're pitiful in an entertaining way.

Last Sunday's game against Baltimore was the furthest thing from entertaining. It was nothing but pathetic and frustrating. No defense + no offense = no fun to watch.

true, true, but i've never felt almost physically ill watching *anyone* play like i did the raiders. seriously, i felt ill, and i don't even like the team and i could care less about the chargers. i see your point, though, i'm just trying to use other team's bad statistics to ease your pain. :)

true, true, but i've never felt almost physically ill watching *anyone* play like i did the raiders. seriously, i felt ill, and i don't even like the team and i could care less about the chargers. i see your point, though, i'm just trying to use other team's bad statistics to ease your pain. :)

Thanks, but there is no way to ease the pain of a Bengals fan. ;)

I somehow miss the days of Blake, Pickens and Scott. Even though you knew they were going to lose, at least they made in interesting.

You knew they were going to lose because there was no defense. Not much has changed, eh?

They got me thinking.....is this the worst Bengals line EVER? I remember when they had the M&M boys on the line and they were still able to get some semblance of an offense, is this was with Scott Mitchell, Neil O'Donnell and guys like Gus Ferrotte playing QB. The Akili Smith OL's were bad, too, but at least Corey Dillon was able to be productive. This is the first year in a long time that we had no running game AND no passing game. I happen to think that the D is decent to good, considering how long they are on the field and the lack of any real playmakers (and injuries). The number of sacks and interceptions on D are ridiculous, though.

how many times have the lions scored a TD in the first half this year? once? something ridiculous like that. i think it's the lions who've had more kickoff returns returned for TDs than they've scored regular TDs. now, *that's* sad.

Pitiful in an entertaining way? Really? Comparing them to the Lions' is supposed to make us feel better? Ugh. I find their games, as well as a lot of NFL games this year for that matter, quite boring.

Thank God for college football, it's all we here in Ohio really have that's of any quality.

My big problem with the NFL right now is how refined, specialized and pre-planned everything is. It's like the NBA...a lot of vets doing nothing particularly great or legendary, and everyone's the same size and speed. Even Kobe and Lebron aren't enough to spur my interest, not like Bird, Magic and Jordan did any ways, and all the characters back then. Where's all the rivalries? Personalities? Brady and Manning - zzzzzz. Tomlinson? Zzzz.. At least the Squealers have some characters, you have to admire/respect what they do and how they've done it. That's what I want here.

Get a good system, learn how to move players in and out of it, and practically mechanize the whole game, is what people like Belichick have done it seems.

I appreciate Brown's love of great skill players here, it's too bad he doesn't know football well enough, to know skill players are a dime a dozen and at this level, any of them can be great if you surround them with good people every year. It's very basic from a high level.

Being a long time Bengal fan, I've learned not to depend upon them for my sports fixes. After moving to LA, I learned to love the Lakers, even go to their games. Still like the Reds and catch their too few West Coast games. The Bengals were fun again after Marvin moved in until last year. Now they are no different than the old Bengals. They are pathetic except Carson and TJ. Still, maybe Hoosier's pixie dust will drift Bengal's way some day soon for just one more time before my teeth fall out, my hearing is shot and Alzheimers has set in.