A few players that have been stepping up

kentjett

This year is and has been a wash but I'm impressed with the play of a lot of players. Our D scheme is perfect and guys on the line aren't wondering around everywhere ala Justin Smith, they're actually filling their gaps. Brandon Johnson looks like a steal from Arizona, this kid can flat out play. Anthony Collins looks like he can be a valuable piece to the offensive line, we need to make room for him somewhere. (by, by Stacy) Sims and Peko have been clogging up the middle for the last few games, the only big runs are too the outside. Sims is looking like the best DT we've had since I've been watching, he is a beast. Rivers is Rivers and he'll be a really good player when he sees the field. I like Simpson and knew he wouldn't see the field this year but he'll make some noise next year. I thought Caldwell was a wasted pick but he actually looks like he is going to be our return guy and his hands are starting to come along, he really impressed me last night. He looks like he'll be ten times better than Sweed. Sweed looks really slow and uncordinated, overrated. David Jones looks like a really good nickel CB as well., he is getting better and better every week. Our DE will improve once we get our offense back w/ Carson and we get the lead therefor we can get a lot more opportunities to rush the QB. Our safeties are pretty stacked as well w/ Ndukwe, White and Crocker. Crocker has looked really good for a guy we p/u off the streets. And last but not least, Dhani has looked like a completely different LB in the middle. He has looked really good from my viewpoint. If we add a few key players through the draft like an OT and a RB and a couple platoon guys on defense we could be really good. Once we get guys back from injuries like Carson, Utecht and fill a couple areas on the O, we will be better off than we have ever been. We really don't have a whole lot of wholes to fill if guys come back from injury alright.

This year is and has been a wash but I'm impressed with the play of a lot of players. Our D scheme is perfect and guys on the line aren't wondering around everywhere ala Justin Smith, they're actually filling their gaps. Brandon Johnson looks like a steal from Arizona, this kid can flat out play. Anthony Collins looks like he can be a valuable piece to the offensive line, we need to make room for him somewhere. (by, by Stacy) Sims and Peko have been clogging up the middle for the last few games, the only big runs are too the outside. Sims is looking like the best DT we've had since I've been watching, he is a beast. Rivers is Rivers and he'll be a really good player when he sees the field. I like Simpson and knew he wouldn't see the field this year but he'll make some noise next year. I thought Caldwell was a wasted pick but he actually looks like he is going to be our return guy and his hands are starting to come along, he really impressed me last night. He looks like he'll be ten times better than Sweed. Sweed looks really slow and uncordinated, overrated. David Jones looks like a really good nickel CB as well., he is getting better and better every week. Our DE will improve once we get our offense back w/ Carson and we get the lead therefor we can get a lot more opportunities to rush the QB. Our safeties are pretty stacked as well w/ Ndukwe, White and Crocker. Crocker has looked really good for a guy we p/u off the streets. And last but not least, Dhani has looked like a completely different LB in the middle. He has looked really good from my viewpoint. If we add a few key players through the draft like an OT and a RB and a couple platoon guys on defense we could be really good. Once we get guys back from injuries like Carson, Utecht and fill a couple areas on the O, we will be better off than we have ever been. We really don't have a whole lot of wholes to fill if guys come back from injury alright.

So its bad luck we are 1-9-1? With so many good players you've listed, what is the cause for such misery? By the way Utecht played last night.

So its bad luck we are 1-9-1? With so many good players you've listed, what is the cause for such misery?

I'd say that kentjett is right that the Bengals have a fair number of average-to-good players (as well as a few bums). The problem is that, at this point, we have pretty much no top-tier playmakers. With the possible exception of T.J., the Bengals don't have anyone that opposing coordinators have to take into account.

We've got gamers. What we need now are game-changers.