If Palmer can't beat 5-11 he's not elite

walzav29

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2008/foot...ex.html?eref=T1

Can this Bengal team really be the worst team since Marvin took over? I know a QB isn't everything, but Palmer is supposed to be a top 5 qb he wouldn't need 3 stud receivers and a pro-bowl back. This sucks.

QB ... the position by nature relies on the other players on the team...

When he throws the ball and nobody catches it thats an incomplete or an interception.

Even when he makes the most perfect pass to a wide open receiver.. after the ball leaves his hands its out of his control.

Also Carson is a pure pocket passer... Without an OLine Peyton Manning doesn't win a SB.

We need to have a dominant OLine to get the best out of Palmer.

I just can't take a claim like "Unless Palmer wins an X number of games he is not elite" seriously.

I don't even know what "elite" is. Why bother trying to classify Palmer in some arbitrary tier of quarterbacks? He's quite obviously a good quarterback, and when circumstance permits he is a great quarterback. I don't think we can really justify rating him anywhere near Manning or Brady, but he's done nothing to fall away below guys like Brees. If this team goes 5-11, there will certainly be plenty of blame to allot to everyone. Palmer's reputation shouldn't hinge on the performance of the entire team.

I thought the article was going to be about Palmer, but it was about Zimmer. That being said, Palmer also isn't the one responsible for how the defense performs, or more to the point, DOESN'T perform... I get sick of hearing people say how Palmer isn't a top QB all of a sudden either. After Brady and P. Manning, who's next ?? I think it's Palmer with Big Ben being very close as well. When Carson starts playing D-line, I might place more of the blame on him.

WHODEY !!!

I don't even know what "elite" is. Why bother trying to classify Palmer in some arbitrary tier of quarterbacks? He's quite obviously a good quarterback, and when circumstance permits he is a great quarterback. I don't think we can really justify rating him anywhere near Manning or Brady, but he's done nothing to fall away below guys like Brees. If this team goes 5-11, there will certainly be plenty of blame to allot to everyone. Palmer's reputation shouldn't hinge on the performance of the entire team.

I agree. Who cares ultimately where Palmer is classified in relation to other quarterbacks? Or what label he is given. He has proven he can win when he has the supporting cast...just like Manning or Brady need the supporting cast to win. I don't believe this team will do 5-11 if Palmer has a good year. Conversely, a good year from Palmer may not guarantee above 7-9 or 8-8.

Is he elite? Dunno. He's our quarterback and, 'elite or not', that ain't changing and I don't want it to. Manning and Brady are the only two QB's in the league I'd take running this team and I'm certainly not saying either of them would do better given our issues.

I agree. Who cares ultimately where Palmer is classified in relation to other quarterbacks? Or what label he is given. He has proven he can win when he has the supporting cast...just like Manning or Brady need the supporting cast to win. I don't believe this team will do 5-11 if Palmer has a good year. Conversely, a good year from Palmer may not guarantee above 7-9 or 8-8.

Is he elite? Dunno. He's our quarterback and, 'elite or not', that ain't changing and I don't want it to. Manning and Brady are the only two QB's in the league I'd take running this team and I'm certainly not saying either of them would do better given our issues.

100% agree!!! Me personally I wouldn't trade Carson Palmer for another QB in this league!!!! I truly believe nobody throws a better ball than CP...

If Carson had NE's team he would be annointed the "Greatest QB" ever.... You know that old saying, "It's hard to soar with the Eagles when you're flying with Turkeys"...