The biggest reach theory of the new season

walzav29

Is it possible, just possible. That the Bengals defense looks alot worse because they are looking towards the 1st game with Baltimore? Troy Smith looks to be the starter. He would have absolutely no idea what is coming for him in game 1 if they decided to go pure vanilla in the preseason. My dream is that there is a method behind the madness.

Is it possible, just possible. That the Bengals defense looks alot worse because they are looking towards the 1st game with Baltimore? Troy Smith looks to be the starter. He would have absolutely no idea what is coming for him in game 1 if they decided to go pure vanilla in the preseason. My dream is that there is a method behind the madness.

This is the only thing that's giving me hope - that the D doesn't want to give anything away.

Of course, that doesn't explain the O-line, since you don't want your QB hammered in any circumstance, especially preseason. Oh well...

I find that the D-backs are in postion to make a play on the ball and they dont (not sure why) if they would just turn around and bat the ball away or something. There was a couple of plays against the saints where they had great coverage but never went for the ball. Its all new to them playing man so it might take them a couple trys to get it going. I am very worried about the lack of pass rush still, not sure if Odom is going to be great only time will tell, but geathers looks to be very inconsistant and i would still like to see more from the young DT. Linebackers im not sure yet i guess time will tell.

I am very worried about the lack of pass rush still, not sure if Odom is going to be great only time will tell, but geathers looks to be very inconsistant and i would still like to see more from the young DT. Linebackers im not sure yet i guess time will tell.

Is it just me or does Geathers seem to have caught Justin Smith disease. He's in position on numerous plays, but overpursues and misses the QB. I haven't watched every snap of every ps game, but I've seen this happen at least 3 times.

You're on to them, but not quite 100%...

see, the trick is that they have tanked 15 of the last 16 seasons so that they can catch their opponents off guard thinking they are a horrible team. (Actually, I believe they unintentionally blew their cover in 2005...too many accidental turnovers that caused them to win way more than they wanted to...now they have to start all over from scratch again to set up the (mis)conception that they are a bad team so in 10-20 more years they can totally blind-side the league with an undefeated season and a superbowl victory!)

BRILLIANT!!!

(before you bash me, please realize that I am being sarcastic and much of this is just venting over all the years of frustration I have lived through)