2008-2009 Bengals Roster

Wraith

Here is my guess. I actually think it is pretty easy to predict this roster, WR is a big competition as is Safety and the last linebacker slot. They may keep Brandon Johnson in lieu of a second MLB gambling on the flexibility of Rivers and Brooks.

Starters in bold including third WR, second TE, and Nickel Corner

QB (3)

Carson Palmer

Ryan Fitzgerald

Jordan Palmer

TE (3)

Reggie Kelly

Ben Utecht

Matt Sherry

FB (1)

Daniel Coates (TE) *my mistake*

RB (3)

Rudi Johnson

Chris Perry

Kenny Watson

Kenny Irons (IR)

WR (6)

Chad Johnson

TJ Houshmandzadeh

Antonio Chatman

Jerome Simpson

Andre Caldwell

Mario Urrutia

T (3)

Willie Anderson

Levi Jones

Anthony Collins

G (4)

Andrew Whitworth (T)

Stacy Andrews (T)

Bobbie Williams ©

Scott Koostra (T)

C (1)

Eric Guichiac

DE (5)

Antwan Odom

Robert Geathers

Johnatan Fanene (DT)

Eric Henderson (OLB)

Angelo Craig (OLB)

DT (4)

Pat Sims

Domata Peko

Jason Shirley

John Thorton

OLB (4)

Ahmad Brooks (MLB)

Keith Rivers (MLB)

Rashad Jeanty

Darryl Blackstock

MLB (2)

Dhani Jones

Anthony Hoke

SS (2)

Chinedum Ndukwe

Dexter Jackson

FS (3)

Marvin White

Corey Lynch (CB)

Kyries Hebert (SS)

CB (5)

Jonathan Joseph

Leon Hall

Deltha Oneal

David Jones

Ethan Kilmer (S)

Kicker (1)

Shane Graham

Punter (1)

Kyle Larson

LS (1)

Brad St. Louis

Practice Squad (5)

Dan Santucci

Maurice Purify (WR)

Travis Brown (WR)

James Johnson (RB)

Nate Livings (G)

Offense (24)

QB: Carson Palmer, Ryan Fitzpatrick, Jeff Rowe

RB: Rudi Johnson, Kenny Watson, Chris Perry, DeDe Dorsey

WR: Chad Johnson, TJ Houshmandzadeh, Jerome Simpson, Andre Caldwell, Antonio Chatman

TE: Reggie Kelly, Ben Utecht, Daniel Coats

T: Levi Jones, Willie Anderson, Anthony Collins

G: Bobbie Williams, Andrew Whitworth, Stacy Andrews, Scott Kooistra

C: Eric Ghiaciuc, Dan Santucci

Defense (26)

DE: Robert Geathers, Antwan Odom, Eric Henderson, Angelo Craig

DT: Pat Sims, Domata Peko, Jason Shirley, Jonathan Fanene

OLB: Keith Rivers, Ahmad Brooks, Darryl Blackstock, Rashad Jeanty

MLB: Dhani Jones, Brandon Johnson, Corey Mays

CB: Leon Hall, Johnathan Joseph, Deltha O'Neal, David Jones, Ethan Kilmer

S: Marvin White, Chinedum Ndukwe, Herana Daze Jones, Kyries Hebert

Special Teams (3)

K: Shayne Graham

P: Kyle Larson

LS: Brad St. Louis

PUP: Kenny Irons

Practice Squad: Corey Lynch, Matt Sherry, Mario Urrutio, Maurice Purify, Nate Livings, James Johnson, Simeon Castille

---------------

Offense [25]

---------------

QB - Carson Palmer, Ryan Fitzpatrick, Jeff Rowe

RB - Rudi Johnson, Kenny Watson, DeDe Dorsey, Chris Perry

FB - Jeremi Johnson

WR - Chad Johnson, TJ Houshmandzadeh, Jerome Simpson, Andre Caldwell, Glenn Holt, Mario Urrutia

TE - Reggie Kelly, Ben Utecht, Daniel Coats

OT Willie Anderson, Levi Jones, Anthony Collins

OG - Andrew Whitworth, Bobbie Williams, Stacy Andrews

C - Eric Ghiaciuc, Dan Santucci

---------------

Defense [28]

---------------

DE - Antwan Odom, Robert Geathers, Angelo Craig, Jonathan Fanene, Eric Henderson

DT - John Thornton, Domata Peko, Pat Sims, Jason Shirley

OLB - Keith Rivers, Ahmad Brooks, Rashad Jeanty, Darryl Blackstock

ILB - Dhani Jones, Brandon Johnson

CB - Johnathan Joseph, Leon Hall, Deltha O'Neal, David Jones, Simeon Castille

FS - Marvin White, Corey Lynch, Ethan Kilmer

SS - Chinedum Ndukwe, Dexter Jackson

ST - Shane Grahm, Kyle Larson, Brad St. Louis

Who said Chatman was a starter? I had Jerome Simpson as my third wideout, remember Starters are bolded.

My Mistake but i think he's worse then Purify (Who i think will be a HUGE player in the NFL in a couple years)

Who said Chatman was a starter? I had Jerome Simpson as my third wideout, remember Starters are bolded.

My Mistake but i think he's worse then Purify (Who i think will be a HUGE player in the NFL in a couple years)

He'll be huge like Chris Henry was huge: his talent will only be superseded by his off-field baggage.

You know, I get alot of Maurice Purify information down here in Omaha. the guys on the local sports talk show love him, he has been very upfront about his issues and has gone onto the Sports Talk circuit to explain his actions. He is MUCH more intelligent than Chris Henry who literally couldn't spell CAT if you spotted him the C and the T (an old Hollywood Henderson quote regarding Terry Bradshaw). He could flame out, there is no doubt, getting away from Carl Nicks will help alot (he was in the instigator of all of Purify's problems in Lincoln) and he is worth the flier.

He could end up like Henry but he is a better risk than Henry was, for one he always has been respectful of his coaches and I think he is eager to turn the page.

You know, I get alot of Maurice Purify information down here in Omaha. the guys on the local sports talk show love him, he has been very upfront about his issues and has gone onto the Sports Talk circuit to explain his actions. He is MUCH more intelligent than Chris Henry who literally couldn't spell CAT if you spotted him the C and the T (an old Hollywood Henderson quote regarding Terry Bradshaw). He could flame out, there is no doubt, getting away from Carl Nicks will help alot (he was in the instigator of all of Purify's problems in Lincoln) and he is worth the flier.

He could end up like Henry but he is a better risk than Henry was, for one he always has been respectful of his coaches and I think he is eager to turn the page.

Granted, he could easily become Chris Henry or Cris Carter, but the Bengals have been bitten too many times by guys who are eager to start fresh only to demonstrate that they constantly put themselves in bad situations out of habit. Without having experienced Henry or Thurman, I'd probably have a different attitude towards this guy, but it's a case of crying wolf too many times.

Here is my guess. I actually think it is pretty easy to predict this roster, WR is a big competition as is Safety and the last linebacker slot. They may keep Brandon Johnson in lieu of a second MLB gambling on the flexibility of Rivers and Brooks.

QB (3)

Carson Palmer

Ryan Fitzgerald

Good Lord, don't tell me our LB's Coach (FitzGerald) is going to pull double-duty as a backup QB? Oh you must have meant Fitzpatrick.

QB (3)

Carson Palmer

Ryan Fitzgerald

Good Lord, don't tell me our LB's Coach (FitzGerald) is going to pull double-duty as a backup QB? Oh you must have meant Fitzpatrick.

Pimp your an ass. lol.

And in a year i see our WR core being Housh, Simpson, Caldwell, Purify, and (Unknown / Random F/A / Urrutia)

No CJ?

Defn no CJ, trade him for a WR and a pick or a D star and conditional or just 2 good picks and it will be worth it. You dont need a team of all star WR's to win a superbowl and the Pats prove it.