Are the Reds done for the season ??

ArmyBengal

After taking a beating at the hands of the last place Blue Jays to the tune of 14-1, is anyone ready to call it ??

Our pitching is still as pathetic as ever with our two aces, in Harang and Arroyo, getting pounded everytime they take the mound. Our pitching prospects have yet to produce with any type of consistency. How is it this lineup has such a problem producing runs ?? Seriously, look at the Reds lineup and tell me how we can't put more than two runs on the board against a last place team and others throughout this season ??

I believe there is a bigger issue with this team beyond the fact they are young. I don't know if it's coaching or something else, but something is definitely wrong. They have lost 7 of their last 9 and 11 of their last 16. Quite the slump. Some of the players slumps are getting crazy as well. Dunn is now 7 for his last 57. Are you kidding me ?? Hell, our whizkid Bruce isn't doing that well either.

I still think the Reds are suffering from the youth effect, but something has to give with this team. It should be a constant "progression" not "regression"... I'm still holding out hope and constantly root for the Reds, but D*MN already !!! This is the type of loss that can take the wind completely out of a team.

WHODEY !!!

After taking a beating at the hands of the last place Blue Jays to the tune of 14-1, is anyone ready to call it ??

Our pitching is still as pathetic as ever with our two aces, in Harang and Arroyo, getting pounded everytime they take the mound. Our pitching prospects have yet to produce with any type of consistency. How is it this lineup has such a problem producing runs ?? Seriously, look at the Reds lineup and tell me how we can't put more than two runs on the board against a last place team and others throughout this season ??

I believe there is a bigger issue with this team beyond the fact they are young. I don't know if it's coaching or something else, but something is definitely wrong. They have lost 7 of their last 9 and 11 of their last 16. Quite the slump. Some of the players slumps are getting crazy as well. Dunn is now 7 for his last 57. Are you kidding me ?? Hell, our whizkid Bruce isn't doing that well either.

I still think the Reds are suffering from the youth effect, but something has to give with this team. It should be a constant "progression" not "regression"... I'm still holding out hope and constantly root for the Reds, but D*MN already !!! This is the type of loss that can take the wind completely out of a team.

WHODEY !!!

Oh, yeah. They are dead last in what was supposed to be a weak division, even though it's not. They can't do better than one or two game winning streaks and, offensively, no one is producing. They have no shot at a wild card with the Cardinals/Cubs, Phillies/Marlins hanging around. Not gonna happen. And don't get me started on that unnatural man-love thing Dusty Baker and Corey Patterson have going on that is ruining this freaking team.

It's a long season guys. It will get worse before it gets better.

Frankly I can't see how that is possible. :wacko:

I kinda meant right now as being the "worse." It will get better, this is a YOUNG team once you get past a few vets.

You know what i love about this site, i'm a die hard Bengals fan, but like 90% of you guys are Reds fans and im a true blue jay at heart, lol so i have to say it;

14-1?? WHAAAAAAAAAT?!!!

Another smackdown is coming tonight don't worry boys that 14-1 won't look that bad ;)

Well, Bruce made it happen in extras last night and Volquez is on the mound tonight. Looks like the Reds are in good shape to win the series against the Jays. That being said, big freakin deal...

WHODEY !!!

Hey, hey, hey, hey! May i remind you that this is the team had not one but TWO back to back championships.

PLUS we got V-Dub and hes much better then KGJ right now, KGJ is way past his prime. He was sick back when KGJ baseball came out for N64 in like 96 lol.

Well they are getting Jerry and KEP. back soon so that wil help. Will see what Daryle does tonight against CLEVE. and maybe trade DUNN for something...Theres got to be some market for him. A power hitting right handed non-fielding slow strightout leading outfielder... :P

• 2 weeks later...

There's still a lot of baseball left to be played. I know it's been said a million times already this season, but if they can just do well on this next road trip against the Cubs and Brewers, they could go into the All Star break with momentum, and right in the division race. The way they have played on the road this year, it's doubtful, but stranger things have happened.

Hey this team is coming together real good right now and ive seen stranger things happen in baseball. :rolleyes: Realy big series tuesday against CUBBIES then at Mil. so cross your fingers and toes cuz its gonna get HOT :blowup2: .....GO REDS....GO Os.... B)

Loved seeing Volquez get another win and the Reds get the sweep, but that is what should happen when playing a team as poor as the Nationals.

WHODEY !!!

Yeah, I agree, but a sweep is a sweep, and they can sure use that momentum going into Chicago.

Speaking of Volquez, I really thought he had a chance to start in the All Star game. I should have known they would have gone with Webb though. Regardless, he's had a great first half.

Yeah, I agree, but a sweep is a sweep, and they can sure use that momentum going into Chicago.

The Cubbies have been stumbling as of late. As long as the Reds come out of Chicago with at least a split in the series, they'll be doing okay.

Three at the Cubs and then three at the Brewers. If they could somehow come out of that six game stint on the plus side of things, that woud be nice. They go against the Mets and Padres after that, so we will see. I still say the other teams in the Central are better and there is no chance the Reds could get the wildcard... Still rooting for them and happy when they win some games though.

WHODEY !!!