Now!

rwalling

I like it!

No more BS excuses, no more baby sitting through suspensions, no more development projects, no more "we're more talented" even though we lost, no more sense of entitlement

Do your job NOW, be accountable to your teammates NOW, put in the necessary work NOW, do the dirty work on the field NOW, and then you'll WIN NOW!

Or you can go to another team where those things are not priorities, good luck.

It reminds me of the Forest Gregg Super Bowl team and the things I respect most in the Steelers and Patriots. I can root for that kind of a team. I hope Marvin delivers on this message ... NOW!

I like it!

No more BS excuses, no more baby sitting through suspensions, no more development projects, no more "we're more talented" even though we lost, no more sense of entitlement

Do your job NOW, be accountable to your teammates NOW, put in the necessary work NOW, do the dirty work on the field NOW, and then you'll WIN NOW!

It reminds me of the Forest Gregg Super Bowl team and the things I respect most in the Steelers and Patriots. I can root for that kind of a team. I hope Marvin delivers on this message ... NOW!

In the same article it states that Chris Perry is on the sidelines in street clothes. Why is he not practicing...NOW!?

More specifically per Curnutte's blog:

Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Bengals hit field for OTA practice

The Bengals are into their second week of organized team activity (OTA) practices. It is their fifth of 12 this spring.

They are on the field now for the one practice of this week open to the outside media.

Notes:

-- Running back Kenny Watson and safety Dexter Jackson are in street clothes, not participating, but they are on the field. Bigger news is tailback Chris Perry watching in street clothes, as well.

-- The rookies have returned, including linebacker Keith Rivers and wide receivers Jerome Simpson and Andre Caldwell.

-- One rookie not here is defensive tackle Jason Shirley, who has a court date today back in California, stemming from a DUI arrest last fall.

-- Starting wide receivers Chad Johnson and T.J. Houshmandzadeh are not present.

-- Second-year running back Kenny Irons is working on the side with a member of the strength and conditioning staff. He is attempting to come back from an ACL injury.

-- First-year defensive coordinator Mike Zimmer is making his presence known. "We got to outwork them," he said while watching defensive linemen run to a blocking sled and linebackers to a tackling dummy.

-- Eric Henderson is working at defensive end, his college position. He is listed on the roster as a linebacker. He could be a swing player.

-- Defensive line coach Jay Hayes is sporting the latest message T-shirt handed out by head coach Marvin Lewis. It is orange with the team logo on the front and the word "NOW" in block, white letters across the back.

-- Florida coach Urban Meyer is at practice with his father. Meyer has ties to the University of Cincinnati.

posted by Mark at 11:40 AM

I like it!

In the same article it states that Chris Perry is on the sidelines in street clothes. Why is he not practicing...NOW!?

Just resting the leg...

They didn't want to risk another injury by making him change out of them? :P

Thats messed up, funny, but messed up. They're just taking it slow, since there are no pads/tackling its just precautionary.

They didn't want to risk another injury by making him change out of them? :P

Thats messed up, funny, but messed up. They're just taking it slow, since there are no pads/tackling its just precautionary.

It may be messed up to say, but it can't hold a candle to how messed up "Porcelain Perry's" injury record has been since drafted in 04. If he EVER makes it through a single season without ending up on the IR, I'll eat my hat.

I'll eat my hat.

I'd rather see you eat that girls shirt on your avatar. :eat:

It looks like I ate half of it already! :blush:

Yeah, the wrong half! :angry:

My bad. I got halfway up, got distracted, and began nibbling on other things. Like you wouldn't? :rolleyes:

I for one am tired of his stupid slogans. His motivational speeches do not seem to be working. Marvin is one step away from Bruce Coslet with shirt slogans.

As far as the NOW is concerned, shouldn't they always be thinking now? Great so apparently I have been paying for a seat license to watch the games when they werent trying to win NOW? I hope that the press holds Marvin to this quote so when he says something hollow in one of his press conferences, someone can ask him about all that NOW talk.

You can tell Marvin's not playing this year. He is done putting up with nonsense. This is going to be a good year. He has taken back control of this team.

That's what we said when the slogan was 'Do Your Job'. Believe it when I see it.

I agree. That's a nifty little slogan you've come up with, ML, but I'll believe it when I start seeing wins.