Looking Forward to the Mini-Camps

membengal

Rookie camp this weekend, right?

Voluntary on May 13?

And mandatory mini-camp in early June?

It will be interesting to see the first impressions (as it usually is) of the rookies this weekend, and I am extra interested in the early chatter on the wides and the DTs...I will also be curious to hear how the Fresno DT answers questions and comports himself.

As for voluntaries, it will be interesting to see if Chris Perry is on the field and fully involved in those. If he is, and Rudi is healthy, then perhaps they will not pursue a vet for camp. If one of them isn't? Then perhaps there really is something to watch with regard to the old and VERY washed up Shaun Alexander.

And, when we get to mandatory camp, I will be most interested to see how Zimmer is lining his guys up, and how much and with who Odell is seeing the field. 1st group of backers? Second? How does he look? And what will the early chatter be with regard to Zim's approach and style?

Plenty to look forward to before we get to July and the opening of the real thing.

peace.

---aaron

I disagree. He falls down as quick as he can on contact, and doesn't look like he has any burst left. I would stay as far away from him as possible...

Btw, I wasn't intending this to grow into an extension of the Alexander thread. Anyone else looking forward to the camps? And what are you looking forward to seeing/hearing/reading?

Btw, I wasn't intending this to grow into an extension of the Alexander thread. Anyone else looking forward to the camps? And what are you looking forward to seeing/hearing/reading?

I'm really looking forward to seeing who will be quarterbacking the defense and who is going to step up and lead this defense. I like Dhani Jones and all, but I want to see one of the young fellas like Odell, Brooks, Rivers or perhaps Ndukewe become that Ray Lewis savage-type player. It can't just be all attitude like Madieu Williams had either, they have to be an impact player with the leadership. That's what I'm excited about the most. Who will give this Bengals defense an identity? I definitely think we'll see that player finally this season.

Btw, I wasn't intending this to grow into an extension of the Alexander thread.

I can change the subject to Chad if u want...:lol:

Good one.

Don't forget to tip your waitress...

I'm really looking forward to seeing who will be quarterbacking the defense and who is going to step up and lead this defense. I like Dhani Jones and all, but I want to see one of the young fellas like Odell, Brooks, Rivers or perhaps Ndukewe become that Ray Lewis savage-type player. It can't just be all attitude like Madieu Williams had either, they have to be an impact player with the leadership. That's what I'm excited about the most. Who will give this Bengals defense an identity? I definitely think we'll see that player finally this season.

I agree. I think that Odell will be the man, if he keeps his nose clean. One thing he's always had is instincts and you just can't teach those. He'll be a beast a weak side LB and he's still only 24 or 25 years old. I always like players that come into the season with chips on their shoulders and he definately has that. On paper, linebacker as a whole has good from very poor to at least very deep, with potential to be great. Good job this offseason, Bengals.