Mid round defenders?

NJ29

Anybody else interested in possibly picking up a corner or safety in the middle rounds? It would help to get Ellis and O-line help early, but it's a reasonably deep draft for corners, so some god guys are available to take Deltha's nickel job, because he seems to be wearing out his welcome. Maybe a guy like Jonathan Wilhite, Chevis Jackson, Jonathan Zenon, Trae Williams or Simeon Castille. There are a few guys that could be good late round pickups at safety. Marcus Griffin, Cory Lynch and Eric Wicks are smart and tough, and could be good special teams additions.

As far as mid-round linebackers go if they go offense early, there's a lot of quick, athletic guys. Ali Highsmith is a love/hate guy, but I would be thrilled to see him in the third round if he's there, and the same goes for Xavier Adibi, Philip Wheeler, Geno Hayes and Wesley Woodyard. All of them but Wheeler are undersized, but they've shown to the ability to be playmakers at big time schools, and all of them would bring immediate depth and special teams help. My opinions could be skewed a little, because I tend to put too much stock into hitting ability, speed, and overall toughness. I loved how well Woodyard played in big SEC games, and I think it would be beneficial for the team to hang it's hat on proven clutch performers, and not guys with potential who haven't produced.

More guys like TJ.

Absolutely! At CB you have, after the top dozen are selected - Terrence Wheatley (Colorado), Antwaun Molden (EKU), Zack Bowman (Nebraska), Tyvon Branch (UConn), Orlando Scandrick (Boise St) Jack Williams (Kent St) Chevis Jackson (LSU), and Trae Williams (So Fla). Most are either smaller or slower than "ideal". Zach Bowman is especially interesting - he'd be a 1st rounder if he hadn't been hurt - he won't be available until 2009.

Safety isn't nearly as deep. David Roach, Marcus Griffin, Simeon Castille, Jonathan Hefney, D.J. Parker, Roger Williams, and Bobbie Williams (Bethune-Cookman) should all be there after the 3rd.

The deepest positions in this draft are RB, WR, CB, OT, DT, and OLB. It stands to reason that the best "deals" and most value will be found in these positions after the top 100 are gone.

One week & counting . . .

Simon Castille, Cory Lynch, Tyvon Branch, Brian Johnson, Tyrell Johnson (although he may end up as high as 2nd), Beau Bell, Ahtyba Rubin, Kendall Langford, Ezra Butler, Zach Bowman. and Antwaun Molden are all mid-round defenders with alot of upside (mid round being third or later). Would take any of them. One prospect who is looking more and more like an undrafted free agent is Haruki Nakamura from UC, the guy is just a flat out good football player and he is worth at least a flyer.