Did you see that ?????

redsfan2

I'll go 1st ................ Actual events only........ things observed under the influence or while in drug induced altered states ( though real ) don't count.

Dark country road ....... Me, wife, and both kids. Coming down the same direction as the road, a set of lights that swear to God look like something Spielberg thought up. And it was BIG. Lights were flashing and that was just about all we could see while this thing came straight at us. My wife starts yelling " stop the car ", and I'm saying " there's is just no way I'm stopping" She responds " it's a flying saucer " to which I say ... " all the more reaason to keep going "

As this thing finally went straigh over us, we could see that it was 4 C - 130's flying low and in formation ..... lead plane centered ... One on each wing .... and the last bringing up the rear. We still laugh about it, but I swear it looked just like one of the big ships from Close Encounters. If there'd been a turn off that I could have taken we'd have never found out what it really was cause I'd a been gone.

#2. Driving through one of our many beautiful swamps at night ... by myself this time. It's foggy and I'm driving slow. I see something in the road in front of me running away from me but not very fast. As I get closer, I can make out a few details ....... and I see that it's a man ..... about 10 to 15 inches tall. Rub the eyes ... shake the head and the dam thing is still there. I'm thinking ....... I REALLY don't want to be seeing this, I get closer and I see him BETTER .... Brown coat and something slung around his shoulder .... and I'm still going AW sh*t. That is just not there BUT it is. Just as I got up to it, it turned and jumped off the road .... and I saw that it was a calico cat .... The way the thing was running with all the colors ( dark at the low end .... white and tan sides and top ) being obscured by the fog and headlights gave the illusion of height and the gait made it look like a set of legs and arms instead of 4 legs.

Dam I'm glad it turned when it did. I believe that calico cats are real with no problem, but little men that live in the swamps ???????? I ain't ready for that one even when I think I'm seeing it. :lol:

Great thread redsfan...I think I know where it came from. :P Let me prepare my official statement. My brother "Wisk" will back me up on this because he was there for the first encounter.

Hebron Kentucky...August 1971...while we were watching "Daktari" with "Clarence The Cross Eyed Lion"? Jimmy/Wisk...you GOT to remember this event in our lives! Back me up here bro! B)

Yeah .... my wife and kids still laugh about the UFO that wasn't.

The other one, I didn't have any witnesses to ........... which is kinda strange because I usually pull my stupid stuff in front of an audience. :unsure:

Redsfan,

All of my encounters were witnessed by MANY other people. At NO time was I inebriated in any way. The first time was as an adolescent in Kentucky. The second and last time over the Indian Ocean was an active duty Marine in service in the Persian Gulf in 1980. Both instances totally made me look at life differently. I still hold those views true today. B)

Yeah .... my wife and kids still laugh about the UFO that wasn't.

The other one, I didn't have any witnesses to ........... which is kinda strange because I usually pull my stupid stuff in front of an audience.  :unsure:

Redsfan,

All of my encounters were witnessed by MANY other people. At NO time was I inebriated in any way. The first time was as an adolescent in Kentucky. The second and last time over the Indian Ocean was an active duty Marine in service in the Persian Gulf in 1980. Both instances totally made me look at life differently. I still hold those views true today. B)

Didn't mean that the way it came out.

The things I saw were explainable, and I've never seen anything yet that wasn't. Sometimes the explanation makes me look a little slow on the uptake ( the cat ) ..... but .... you know what I mean. That doesn't mean that other people haven't seen things that can't be explained and really had those experiences. I've never seen a giant redwood either, but I know other people have.

If you took the witnes comment the wrong way, then it was becasue I didn't state what I meant clealry. I wasn't doubting you a bit.

If you took the witnes comment the wrong way, then it was becasue I didn't state what I meant clealry. I wasn't doubting you a bit.

No, no, no...I didn't take it that way at all! It's just whenever you speak to most folks about such things, they automatically think you're some hick out seein' things, although it does seem aliens do have a thing for abducting redneck fellers, butt diddlin' 'em, then droppin' them off outside the local Piggly Wiggly! :lol:

I too experienced something strange, something fearsome - almost evil - and I don't mean the Loch Ness Monster.

There were no other witnesses and I still find it terrible to even think about to this day. It made the hairs on the back of my neck stand up, it made my blood run cold, it made my stomach knot so much I thought I was going to s**t myself and ouke at the same time.

I'll have a go at telling you about it, but first I need a good stiff drink to steel myself.

I'll have a go at telling you about it, but first I need a good stiff drink to steel myself.

Sorry about that folks, but I needed to grab a large dram before I start.

You must first understand the environment of where I live. A small village in the mountains that is cut off from the rest of the world when the winter snow falls. It is a very old place dating back many hundreds, perhaps even a thousand years. There are many tales and superstitions that abound this, and all the other villages in the Highlands. It is a place where blood flowed freely and life was cheap in a brutal and violent past.

About 20/30yards from my front door is the the place where the "hanging tree" used to stand. Folklore says that is was well used, and some believe it was cut down one night to save the village from "the curse". On the night the tree fell a storm raged and amny lives were lost.

Christ, I need another drink, I'm shaking.

Christ, I need another drink, I'm shaking.

Sorry about that.

Well, it was a cold, dark, winters' night, I guess late December but it was certainly before Hogmanay. there was no wind was blowing, everything was perfectly still. The snow had been falling all day, it was perhaps about just under 3ft deep.

Because of our situation (surrounded by high peaks) TV and radio are sometimes intermitment and poorly received. In times of bad weather it is not always possible to get the news channels - and so we cannot always hear the warnings they give!

Anyway, it was late at night the radio was not receiving any broadcast and the TV was on but only faintly picking up a signal on occassion. There would be a few crackly words and then back to a fuzzy screen and a faint hiss. On nights such as these I sit infront of the log fire with a good thick book and a good sized dram.

Mrs. Scottish and both the little Scottishes had long since retired to be bed. All was silent save the distant hiss of the TV and the sound as I turned the pages and swirled the malt around in the glass. I was reading up on the local history and about those poor souls who met their end at the end of a thick rope, slung over the branch of the "hanging tree".

Another drink is in order - I think I should just bring the bottle!

Back again.

Anyway, there I was sat alone in the dark, the eerie light of the fire making the shadows leap across the walls. That's when i heard it.

Instantly I was filled with dread and a feeling of helplessness - a feeling of terror and a feeling that all hope was gone. That was the exact moment that I knew there was no God. Even though it was a hushed whisper, I heard it clearly. I still cringe and shudder at the very thought of it.

The voice speaking to me said ............

The voice speaking to me said ............

Cleveland 22, Cincinnati 14 !!

:D

What's Hogmanay?

New Years Eve - the time to start a 2 day drinking session!!!

This is an incredible forum thread. I'm afraid that If I share this information with you, it may be the last info I give anywhere...

1. Conyers, Ga. August 1994, myself and others driving on I-20, witnessed something flying above the highway,. We continued driving only to watch the thing ( UFO ) flip completely over in one spot as it hovered then took straight off.

2. Brooklyn, N.Y. November 1986 - 13 years old hanging with friends were on the infamous VanWyck bus where a homeless man was arrested for chopping off another mans' hand. Sad thing is, My friends and I were making fun of the guy who was covered in blood. Bus driver radio'd ahead to transit cops, who came on asked if the guy needed any help. When they lifted him up out of the seat to take him off the bus a man's hand just past the wrist fell out from his coat with a watch still on it!

-- Can't go into detail about the JFK assassination nor, the Roswell coverup ! <_<

-- Can't go into detail about the JFK assassination nor, the Roswell coverup ! <_<

Oh fine Chris! After the previous details you gave us into your paranormal encounters...and you leave us hanging here? By the way...JFK wasn't paranormal. The Democrats killed their own President. Ask LBJ! It happened in Texas, did it not! :blink:

Oh fine Chris! After the previous details you gave us into your paranormal encounters...and you leave us hanging here? By the way...JFK wasn't paranormal. The Democrats killed their own President. Ask LBJ! It happened in Texas, did it not! :blink:

Yes But I know who delivered the shot that made his head go as Kevin Costner puts it... " Back and to the left " . Back and to the Left.

shhh.. I hear somebody coming :blink:

Yes But I know who delivered the shot that made his head go as Kevin Costner puts it... " Back and to the left " . Back and to the Left.

shhh.. I hear somebody coming :blink:

:lol::lol::lol:

Too Funny!!! Don't go "Conspiracy Theory" on me here!!! That was a great Mel Gibson movie. Far better than that Jesus snuff film he produced "The Passion!"

I've never been so revolted in my life without asking for it! :(

Not to turn this into a religious topic, but you did ask for it Billy. You paid your 8 dollars or more to see what you've read since you were probably a little boy.

NOW with all the hollywood magic, (sarcasm) you too can see all of your most respected and adored religious icons as they truly were.

ex. 1 - Heres' Jesus, he died for your sins, and really took an ass whooping doing so .... :lol:

Next, We'll see Muhammad, as the pediphile he truly was .. and it'll go on and on..

* Point is.. If we don't want Hollywood "interpreting" our religious morals and beliefs, don't go see their movies.

This is a great thread! I have a few stories too about the house we live in. An old colonial out in the middle of the woods.

Too many stories to list, but, heres a few:

Christmas time 1999, we are having our annual xmas party with friends and family. My wife had invited a handful of people from her work. Several of them asked if they could see the rest of the house. My wife gave them a tour, and they remarked on the high cielings and hardwood floors and such.

The next day at work 2 of the people asked about the room with the spinning wheel and all the antiques. They wanted to know if we had set it up to look like a weavers room.

The funny thing is we have no room with a spinning wheel! To this day the swear they saw it, lit by candle light.

Christmas 2002- I was working late, and my wife was home with the kids on Christmas break. My wife called, kind of panicky, and said she was hearing a mans voice coming from upstairs(not the first time this had happened) and in the other room my son's remote control car was zipping around the floor by itself.

When she stepped into the room it stopped, when she would step out, it would start again. The last time she stepped in the room, she shouted for it to stop.

The car and the voice upstairs ubruptly stopped.

This is a great thread! I have a few stories too about the house we live in. An old colonial out in the middle of the woods.

Too many stories to list, but, heres a few:

Christmas time 1999, we are having our annual xmas party with friends and family. My wife had invited a handful of people from her work. Several of them asked if they could see the rest of the house. My wife gave them a tour, and they remarked on the high cielings and hardwood floors and such.

The next day at work 2 of the people asked about the room with the spinning wheel and all the antiques. They wanted to know if we had set it up to look like a weavers room.

The funny thing is we have no room with a spinning wheel! To this day the swear they saw it, lit by candle light.

Christmas 2002- I was working late, and my wife was home with the kids on Christmas break. My wife called, kind of panicky, and said she was hearing a mans voice coming from upstairs(not the first time this had happened) and in the other room my son's remote control car was zipping around the floor by itself.

When she stepped into the room it stopped, when she would step out, it would start again. The last time she stepped in the room, she shouted for it to stop.

The car and the voice upstairs ubruptly stopped.

Man when will you people learn that if you have a ghost in the damn house, You get the hell out !!... :lol::lol:

I can't stand it when I see movies like Friday the 13th, or the Amityville Horror, .. Dammit if the stairs start to bleed, don't tell the Realtor, and sell the damn thing ! :lol:

• 1 month later...

I thought I'd resurrect this old gem for all the new fellas. This experience is not paranormal but it is odd nonetheless.

I'm experiencing long forgotten expectations about the new season. It was really weird last year when I found myself enraged by the occasional poor play instead of finding comic relief in it. :blink:

It's been years since I took my team seriously and expect to win more than we lose. :player:

I've got a real-life sporting event horror:

I was in Chicago in 1994. I was attending this baseball game. All of a sudden I looked out into the field and I was shaken, grief-stricken, horrified, turned-white, and disappointed all at the same time--

There lay Joey (Albert) Belle's corked bat after a Home Run by the plate.

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!! :o

Since then the game of baseball has turned into more of a gameshow. Albert Joey Belle started it--and SamME Sosa carries on the tradition as the "Corkist".

:lol::lol::lol: