Thurman question

combatbengal

Has anybody heard any news on Thurman? The reason I ask is becuse the NFL network has been talking about Pacman Jones being traded to Dallas. Has he been reinstated? If so, why are we waiting on Thurmans fate? That would be huge to get him back.

Haven't heard any news on Pollick. Is he still working out or is he done?

Has anybody heard any news on Thurman? The reason I ask is becuse the NFL network has been talking about Pacman Jones being traded to Dallas. Has he been reinstated? If so, why are we waiting on Thurmans fate? That would be huge to get him back.

Haven't heard any news on Pollick. Is he still working out or is he done?

I don't think Jones is back, but I heard Kyle Turley on Mike and Mike yesterday and he opined, upon being questioned, that he didn't think Jones should ever come back. Turley actually make a lot of sense and I thought stood up for the right thing. I can tell you this...if Jones is allowed back and Thurman isn't, on what a DUI or two versus a freaking shooting, we should organize a mass letter/email writing campaign to Goodell, because that would be bull$h!^.

Odell is working out with the team, but hasn't been officially reinstated yet, so GOD-el could still screw the Bengals this summer. What few comments have come from Marvin about him have all been positive.

At last report, Pollack was still fasting and praying over his decision.

The Pacman thing p*sses me off. IMO no way Jerry Jones trades for him unless he knows he can get him back in. So Pacman pulls 10x worse crap than Odell, but only sits 1 season while Thurman is at 2 and, possibly, counting? :angry:

Odell is working out with the team, but hasn't been officially reinstated yet, so GOD-el could still screw the Bengals this summer. What few comments have come from Marvin about him have all been positive.

The Pacman thing p*sses me off. IMO no way Jerry Jones trades for him unless he knows he can get him back in. So Pacman pulls 10x worse crap than Odell, but only sits 1 season while Thurman is at 2 and, possibly, counting? :angry:

C'mon we are talking Jerry Jones here... PacMan will get re-instated just because of Jerry Jones pulling the strings.. B)

C'mon we are talking Jerry Jones here... PacMan will get re-instated just because of Jerry Jones pulling the strings.. B)

Not only that, but you know what else nobody is complaining about is the cap hit that Tennessee would take if they traded him. He still has three years left on his deal and I think his cap number would be around $4mil for this season.

Pac is still suspended indefinitely. There isn't any real timeline for his reinstatement. For some reason players can still be traded even though they are currently suspended.

I would expect to see Thurman back before Pac unless Odell pulls some major crap between now and then.

As for the salary cap, someone on the Titans boards said the hit would be around 5.5 million, which I found strange. His base salary this season is only in the 1.2 million range. I guess it's either bonus money, or the poster had no clue what he was talking about.

From all the signs, it looks like O'Dell will be back with the team this year. He's already been approved to start working out with the team, and that came from Goodell.

- His agent Safarrah Lawson, said that he's complied with all of the testing, he's had steady employment away from football, and she's expecting O'Dell to be reinstated before Training camp, Sometime after the Owner's Meetings, and possibly after the draft.

- Marvin said he's given Pollack a time-table to say either Yea' or Nay'... After that he's already decided the course of action the team will move towards.

* All that posturing has me thinking that Marvin wants to know from Pollack before the draft, probably after the owner's meetings next week. That would give the Bengals a couple of weeks still to set their draft board, to know if they'll have to replace him for the long term.

- He's been medically cleared to play, so If Cincinnati cuts him, they won't be violating any forms of the CBA or his contract.

I don't know . . . I'm thinking Odell is so stuck so deep in Marvin's doghouse, that even if he is 100% ready to play, he won't make much of an impact prior to Halloween.

Does anybody else remember the feeling of euphoria in 2005 after grabbing David Pollack & Odell Thurman & Chris Henry on the 1st day of the draft. Damn!!!

Personally, I wouldn't be suprised if Pacman isn't reinstated this season. In fact, I strongly doubt he will be. As for Jerry Jones knowing he will be, thereby explaining his interest, he's said to be offering no more than a 5th round pick. Plus, Pacman has to agree to renegotiate his contract after being traded...playing for a fraction of his current pay with numerous character related clauses inserted into the deal.

I think Thurman will be back. Not sure if he'll be at the same level that he was, but he will be an improvement for the Def.

I think Pollack is done with football. He's medically cleared, but why risk it? He's got a family, and a college education, so he'll be fine without football.

TJ should have a new contract prior to training camp.

From all the signs, it looks like O'Dell will be back with the team this year. He's already been approved to start working out with the team, and that came from Goodell.

- His agent Safarrah Lawson, said that he's complied with all of the testing, he's had steady employment away from football, and she's expecting O'Dell to be reinstated before Training camp, Sometime after the Owner's Meetings, and possibly after the draft.

- Marvin said he's given Pollack a time-table to say either Yea' or Nay'... After that he's already decided the course of action the team will move towards.

* All that posturing has me thinking that Marvin wants to know from Pollack before the draft, probably after the owner's meetings next week. That would give the Bengals a couple of weeks still to set their draft board, to know if they'll have to replace him for the long term.

- He's been medically cleared to play, so If Cincinnati cuts him, they won't be violating any forms of the CBA or his contract.

Wow, I didn't Safarrah Lawson was a chick?? I assumed he was a dude with a different name... The things you learn hanging around these parts.. :huh:

Wow, I didn't Safarrah Lawson was a chick?? I assumed he was a dude with a different name... The things you learn hanging around these parts.. :huh:

I figured it to be a feminine name because the arabic word Safar - is the masculine of the verb. Safarrah describes a feminine doing the action .

- Could be a dude.... I was giving them the benefit of the doubt. - Kinda' like Johnny Cashs song " A Boy Named Sue ".... :lmao::lmao: