Quick Poll Dorsey or Ellis???

Take Your Pick  

16 members have voted

1. 1. Of the top 2 DT's, Who DO You Prefer?

• Glenn Dorsey, LSU
    • Sedrick Ellis, USC

It's difficult to judge without being privy to all of Dorsey's medical information

However, assuming a higher risk factor for Dorsey, I'd vote Ellis. Also, with Peko playing NG, Ellis is probably a better DE in the 3-4 than Dorsey, who is destined to be stricyly an under-tackle.

We don't go wrong with either pick. But I disagree with Ellis as a possible defensive end in a 3-4. He's just a tad over 6'feet. How many 6'0 defensive ends do you think there are in the NFL ???

0 Exactly. Both are strong at the point of attack. Both have adequate quickness and explosion off the snap. Both stay on their feet. Both require double teams and more in the passing game.

- Here's the dilemma.... With as many holes as we have to fix, What if Someone offers us a 2nd round pick or more to move to # 9 to take the DT that falls ???

:unsure::unsure:

- Here's the dilemma.... With as many holes as we have to fix, What if Someone offers us a 2nd round pick or more to move to # 9 to take the DT that falls ???

:unsure::unsure:

Easy: take the DT. The position has been ignored for far too long to justify passing on a blue-chip prospect.

I've pimped Ellis from Day One and see no reason to switch horses at this late date. To be fair, I made that choice in part because I never considered Dorsey as a realistic option at #9, and I still don't. But there's also my belief that while Dorsey might be a marginally superior overall player, Ellis is the better pass rusher, and that's what I covet more than anything else.

Perhaps a more interesting question, though admittedly even more unlikely than having both DT's available, is if you throw Gholston into the mix.

Does anybody else agree with me that M & M should opt for Gholston over either Ellis or Dorsey? Or does Odom negate our need there.

My top 5 defensive players, in order of preference, are: Gholston, Chris Long, Ellis, Dorsey, and Groves.

Perhaps a more interesting question, though admittedly even more unlikely than having both DT's available, is if you throw Gholston into the mix.

Does anybody else agree with me that M & M should opt for Gholston over either Ellis or Dorsey? Or does Odom negate our need there.

The only way Gholston is going to be there at 9 is if he either breaks his neck or shoots some dead before the draft. But were he somehow still there, and the two DTs gone, you certainly take him -- though I would think that in this case you would have some outrageous "Mike Ditka" type trade offers to consider.

The only way Gholston is going to be there at 9 is if he either breaks his neck or shoots some dead before the draft. But were he somehow still there, and the two DTs gone, you certainly take him -- though I would think that in this case you would have some outrageous "Mike Ditka" type trade offers to consider.

Hence The Dilemma ! , But I would seriously consider taking the trade down, because after Ellis and Dorsey, You can pretty much group the next 8 guys into the same group.

Moore,Sims,Bryant,Laws,Pressley,Balmer,Rubin,Okam.

- If Gholston is there at #9, He's my New Strong Side Linebacker. - The Trade offers have to have picks this year, and next year because Gholston is the superior pick over Ellis & Dorsey.

Neither guy is a Nose Tackle but we have a guy in Peko who can play the underneath position. Both guys play the position of a one gap penetrator and play maker (a position the Bengals sorely need) Both guys can also stand up at the point of attack and while they are not a Sam Adams type of guy (More in the mold of Kris Jenkins or Kevin Williams) they both can be a 3 down tackle. I would perfer either Dorsey or Ellis to Gholston because the tackles are more of a need and there is a VERY steep drop-off between the top two tackles and #3. I think a guy like Quentin Groves could just as effective as Gholston and could be had late in the first or even early second.