Top high school QB Pryor chooses ??

OHIO STATE !!! I'm really happy about this for a few reasons...

#1. The Buckeyes get the top QB recruit in the country and that is never a bad thing...

#2. The Wolverines DON'T get the top QB recruit in the country and that is never a bad thing...

WHODEY !!!

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncaa/recruiting/...tory?id=3301454

#1. The Buckeyes get the top QB recruit in the country and that is never a bad thing...

#2. The Wolverines DON'T get the top QB recruit in the country and that is never a bad thing...

WHODEY !!!

I can almost feel the overwhelming evil power growing in me to rub it in the faces of every SEC and Michigan fan from now till this kid graduates ! :cheers:

WHODEY !!!

I can almost feel the overwhelming evil power growing in me to rub it in the faces of every SEC and Michigan fan from now till this kid graduates ! :cheers:

I think you mean untill he leaves early to go pro.

The last great high school quarterback the bucks signed, Justin Zwick, barely saw the field. He got beat out by a throw away signing (used to get Ted Ginn Jr.) spent on a guy that the coaches tried to turn into a punt returner. Troy Smith persevered and won the Heisman. Let's see if this kid from Pennsylvania can do anything on the college level. Also, he has to overcome a ridiculous amount of hype, the kind of attention that can wreck guys.

The last great high school quarterback the bucks signed, Justin Zwick, barely saw the field. He got beat out by a throw away signing (used to get Ted Ginn Jr.) spent on a guy that the coaches tried to turn into a punt returner. Troy Smith persevered and won the Heisman. Let's see if this kid from Pennsylvania can do anything on the college level. Also, he has to overcome a ridiculous amount of hype, the kind of attention that can wreck guys.

Zwick was no where near the prospect Pryor is. Pryor is consensus top 10 player (#1 by many), #1 QB for every recruiting service. Zwick was a top 80-90 guy, and a top 10 QB (right at about 10). Troy Smith was also a top 12 QB, and was signed late but he was not a throw away signing. It was a great class that year, and Smith wanted to be a Buckeye. He got a late offer, but it's not like Smith was a garbage recruit and Zwick was the greatest QB that year. They were not that far apart in rankings.

Zwick was no where near the prospect Pryor is. Pryor is consensus top 10 player (#1 by many), #1 QB for every recruiting service. Zwick was a top 80-90 guy, and a top 10 QB (right at about 10). Troy Smith was also a top 12 QB, and was signed late but he was not a throw away signing. It was a great class that year, and Smith wanted to be a Buckeye. He got a late offer, but it's not like Smith was a garbage recruit and Zwick was the greatest QB that year. They were not that far apart in rankings.

I'm glad they got Pryor. But I'm concerned with all the hype and attention this kid has gotten. That kind of unwarranted media stupidity is bad for young men. See Maurice Clarett.

Zwick and Pryor were far apart in rankings. Zwick was not no. 10. He was the number 3 ranked quarterback in the country. See Rivals.com link below. And he wasn't the 80-90 overall prospect, he was 40. 3 behind that year's number 37, the aforementioned Maurice Clarrett. Troy Smith wasn't in the top 100 prospects. (Ahmad Brooks, no. 27). I remember significant hoopla about Zwick. And even after Smith began beating him out in practice during their freshman year, Tressel was still ceding the job to Zwick. See other link below. But Troy Smith is a football player. Smith really was an "afterthought" as the article describes him. Tressel didn't really want him. He got kicked out of St. Ed's up in Cleveland for fighting on the basketball court, and he just was perceived as having a bitter attitude. When he came to Ohio State the coaches tried to get him to forget QB and be a receiver and punt returner. He said no, I'm a quarterback.

Even though Smith isn't in the top 60 on the attached list of "pro style" quarterbacks, it is interesting to see number 47, from Ft. Lauderdale, Florida, none other than Dan Shula. For another Bengals connection look at no. 60 on that list, from Mission Viejo, Ca, Jordan Palmer.

Rivals.com also published a list of something like "double threat" quarterbacks for 2002, and Troy Smith was number 12 on that list. I guess Tressell, having won a National Championship with Craig Krenzel, and having suffered through his first season with "double threat" qb Steve Bellisari, was enamored with the pro style and wanted nothing to do with the double threat type. Troy Smith sure turned that around. And Mr. Pryor won't have to scratch and claw his way up as a result.

http://rivals100.rivals.com/viewrank.asp?ra_key=29

http://www.the-ozone.net/football/2002/firstscrimmage2.htm

I'm glad they got Pryor. But I'm concerned with all the hype and attention this kid has gotten. That kind of unwarranted media stupidity is bad for young men. See Maurice Clarett.

Zwick and Pryor were far apart in rankings. Zwick was not no. 10. He was the number 3 ranked quarterback in the country. See Rivals.com link below. And he wasn't the 80-90 overall prospect, he was 40. 3 behind that year's number 37, the aforementioned Maurice Clarrett. Troy Smith wasn't in the top 100 prospects. (Ahmad Brooks, no. 27). I remember significant hoopla about Zwick. And even after Smith began beating him out in practice during their freshman year, Tressel was still ceding the job to Zwick. See other link below. But Troy Smith is a football player. Smith really was an "afterthought" as the article describes him. Tressel didn't really want him. He got kicked out of St. Ed's up in Cleveland for fighting on the basketball court, and he just was perceived as having a bitter attitude. When he came to Ohio State the coaches tried to get him to forget QB and be a receiver and punt returner. He said no, I'm a quarterback.

Even though Smith isn't in the top 60 on the attached list of "pro style" quarterbacks, it is interesting to see number 47, from Ft. Lauderdale, Florida, none other than Dan Shula. For another Bengals connection look at no. 60 on that list, from Mission Viejo, Ca, Jordan Palmer.

Rivals.com also published a list of something like "double threat" quarterbacks for 2002, and Troy Smith was number 12 on that list. I guess Tressell, having won a National Championship with Craig Krenzel, and having suffered through his first season with "double threat" qb Steve Bellisari, was enamored with the pro style and wanted nothing to do with the double threat type. Troy Smith sure turned that around. And Mr. Pryor won't have to scratch and claw his way up as a result.

I was recalling by scout. Zwick was the #14 QB. So even worse than I remember. Smith was a 4* recruit. Both were elite 11 QB's.

I was recalling by scout. Zwick was the #14 QB. So even worse than I remember. Smith was a 4* recruit. Both were elite 11 QB's.

I know we are talking about QB's and all, however if anybody was intrested the top high school wide reciever (who is going to Georgia next year, and played for Summerville High School this year) goes by the name of A.J. Green. If you ever get a chance you should check him out on youtube.

I hope this kid plays for Cincy in a couple of years :) ...

Just a little sample...

Alright, the edit post thing is messed up. Anyway, Smith was #15 QB by Scout, and Zwick was #14. Both were elite 11 QB's.

Ok, I see. The only reason I didn't think Troy was an elite QB coming out of high school was because the attached list had the top 100 prospects from Rivals.com and there were 10 quarterbacks in there and Troy wasn't on that list. But only Vince Young turned out to be a better college QB than Troy Smith. Most of those other 9 I've barely even heard of.

http://rivals100.rivals.com/viewrank.asp?ra_key=50