Manningham posts 4.38 at UM Pro Day

Super Mario definitely improved on his bad combine time at the UM Pro Day. Manningham

may well have cemented himself in the first round.

However, Mike Hart may drop to round 5 or 6 by by not running at the Pro day and standing on his 4.6

at the combine.

http://www.freep.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article...6/80316049/1048

The best comment from this article:

Hart’s comments shortly after the combine showed he was far from concerned after scoring in the high 4.6 range in his 40-yard dashes in Indianapolis.

“The thing about me is, if you hear things about me, my 40 time didn’t surprise me,” Hart told the Free Press at a Michigan-Northwestern basketball game the week after the NFL Combine. “They’re not saying Mike Hart is slow, they already knew what I was going to run when I was there. My game film proves everything and they know what I do. If they’re interested in me, they’re interested in me because of my game film not because I was going to the combine and run a 4.2 or anything like that. They know I’m a football player and that’s what they expect.”

Exactamundo my man. Any coach that depends on worthless combine numbers is doomed to folly. It's all about how they play in games against real players. That's the true measure of a footballer.

I'm not endorsing this player, but his POV. It's on the money, and it's for real. Game films are where it's at. Not these contrived dog and pony shows.

Super Mario definitely improved on his bad combine time at the UM Pro Day. Manningham

However, Mike Hart may drop to round 5 or 6 by by not running at the Pro day and standing on his 4.6

at the combine.

Hart’s comments shortly after the combine showed he was far from concerned after scoring in the high 4.6 range in his 40-yard dashes in Indianapolis.

“The thing about me is, if you hear things about me, my 40 time didn’t surprise me,” Hart told the Free Press at a Michigan-Northwestern basketball game the week after the NFL Combine. “They’re not saying Mike Hart is slow, they already knew what I was going to run when I was there. My game film proves everything and they know what I do. If they’re interested in me, they’re interested in me because of my game film not because I was going to the combine and run a 4.2 or anything like that. They know I’m a football player and that’s what they expect.”

Exactamundo my man. Any coach that depends on worthless combine numbers is doomed to folly. It's all about how they play in games against real players. That's the true measure of a footballer.

I'm not endorsing this player, but his POV. It's on the money, and it's for real. Game films are where it's at. Not these contrived dog and pony shows.

Exactly. Remember a guy named Matt Jones?

at the combine.

Nope. But I just read where he has scored 4 TD's or more in the past three years. I'm trying to find your point. Help me out here.

I am OK with a guy like Manningham in r2 or 3, especially given the travelling biatch fest continues with CJ.

IF we're gonna draft WR in the 2nd, give me Early Doucet.

Also works, as would Sweed.

Big dudes on the outside....Doucet/Sweed/Henry TJ inside....CJ who? Carson needs big fast targets, not whinging little baby girls.

What about Eddie Royal in round 3 ??

Good speed, very solid hands, and a top notch returner.. !!

Chad ain't goin' nowhere' and ya'll know it ! :sure:

Dexter Jackson in round 3 as the compensation pick, or round 4 ??

We can get a VERY good, but raw, WR in the 4th (or maybe 5th).

After the top 6 (Jackson / Sweed / Thomas / Kelly / Doucet / Hardy) you still have on the board:

Eddie Royal, Virginia Tech (40 Time: 4.39)

Jordy Nelson, Kansas State (Height: 6-2. Weight: 217.)

Andre Caldwell, Florida (Height: 6-0. Weight: 204 40Time: 4.36)

Mario Manningham, Michigan ( 40 Time: 4.42)

William Franklin, Missouri (Height: 6-0. Weight: 214 40 Time: 4.37).

Paul Hubbard, Wisconsin (Height: 6-2. Weight: 221 40 Time: 4.38).

Earl Bennett, Vanderbilt

Donnie Avery, Houston (KR)

Keenan Burton, Kentucky

Jerome Simpson, Coastal Carolina

Steve Johnson, Kentucky

Harry Douglas, Louisville

Dexter Jackson, Appalachian State

D.J. Hall, Alabama

Lavelle Hawkins, California

I guess it depends on what you're looking for . . . . . .

After the top 6 (Jackson / Sweed / Thomas / Kelly / Doucet / Hardy) you still have on the board:

Earl Bennett, Vanderbilt

Keenan Burton, Kentucky

Steve Johnson, Kentucky

D.J. Hall, Alabama

I like Steve Johsnon quite a bit, alot like TJ.

There are some sleepers, like Matt Caddell from Alabama, Chaz Schilens from SDSU, Paul Hubbard from Wisconsin

at the combine.

Nope. But I just read where he has scored 4 TD's or more in the past three years. I'm trying to find your point. Help me out here.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/players/7197/c...YEXRAKEiN_.uLYF

These stats hardly live up to the hype this guy received from his workout numbers, let alone the 21st pick overall. If anything the TDs may be the result of him being a big target, TE type in the red zone and in the slot.

I guess an even better example of overhyped 40 times is Troy Williamson.

Earl Bennett, Vanderbilt

Keenan Burton, Kentucky

Steve Johnson, Kentucky

D.J. Hall, Alabama

I like Steve Johsnon quite a bit, alot like TJ.

There are some sleepers, like Matt Caddell from Alabama, Chaz Schilens from SDSU, Paul Hubbard from Wisconsin

I was just about to mention Steve Johnson as well. I would say he's probably the best sleeper WR in the draft. I think he'll be a much better pro than Keenan Burton if he gets the chance.