2nd Steeler in trouble in last 6 months

duus

Please stop with the God El bashing, he's extremely busy right now trying to trumph up charges against Odell .

On a side note, and vaguely similar thread, I saw a report the other day where Pacman was doing a radio interview in Tennessee and the public were calling in, he made some joke about having to install a pole at his home and his lawyer pipes up in the background "that remark was just a joke" - who takes his lawyer to a radio interview :blink:

In will be interesting to say the least what, if any, action is taken by the league <_<

For the second time in the last 6 months, we have another Steeler in trouble with the law. As you might recall, Davenport's run-in was surely not his first (there's a reason they call him 'dookie' :unsure: ). James Harrison is the most recent ... where is Goodell?

Harrison Arrested

Davenport's Domestic Abuse

I know it was a year ago but don't forget Joey Port-o-let's little thing in Vegas.

BTW, duus, what are the locals saying in Pittsburgh? How's that being spun? Probably Mike Brown's fault.

I know it was a year ago but don't forget Joey Port-o-let's little thing in Vegas.

BTW, duus, what are the locals saying in Pittsburgh? How's that being spun? Probably Mike Brown's fault.

Almost expectedly, not a lot. In fact, just out of curiosity, I tuned into AM 1250 (ESPNRadio) this morning. After over 1 hour of listening, I have heard very little mention of this arrest, etc. Aside from the parenthetic statement, the only thing they bothered to approach with the topic was that Harrison "busted in the door of his girlfriend and broke her cell phone when she was calling 911". That was followed by a wise crack that cell phones are cheap and can be replaced. Notice something there? How about completely failing to mention that HE HIT HER. He even admitted to it. Also, is this really the right situation to make light of? Oh yeah ... this same pair of guys also spent hours detailing every little aspect of Bengals' arrests. Typical Pittsburgh. I'm not surprised.

• 2 weeks later...

(Goodell) 3 Steelers in 6 months? Oh well who cares move on. Besides, we got to think of more bad stuff to do to the Bengals.

o Odell Thurman: Driving while intoxicated.

o Frostee Rucker: Spousal battery.

o A.J. Nicholson: Burglary and grand theft.

o Eric Steinbach: Boating under the influence.

o Matthias Askew: Resisting arrest.

o Reggie McNeal: Resisting arrest.

o Deltha O'Neal: Driving while intoxicated.

o Chris Henry: "unlawful transaction with a minor (three counts), speeding, operating a vehicle under the influence, felony possession of a concealed firearm, possession of marijuana.

We've still got enough leeway to have 6 more arrests in the next 3 months before you can have a legitimate comparison. (7 if you want to get technical, seeing was one of them was reprimanded.)

Shooottt. . . and at least all of the Steelers related incidents were minor misdemeanors. The Stillers combined aren't even deviant enough to match the records of a few of these morons.

Anyway, enjoy your petty bickering with any/everything related to the Steelers in any way, Duus.

Baiii

o Chris Henry: "unlawful transaction with a minor (three counts), speeding, operating a vehicle under the influence, felony possession of a concealed firearm, possession of marijuana.

We've still got enough leeway to have 6 more arrests in the next 3 months before you can have a legitimate comparison. (7 if you want to get technical, seeing was one of them was reprimanded.)

Shooottt. . . and at least all of the Steelers related incidents were minor misdemeanors. The Stillers combined aren't even deviant enough to match the records of a few of these morons.

Anyway, enjoy your petty bickering with any/everything related to the Steelers in any way, Duus.

Baiii

Minor misdeamors ... beating up on women. You see ... I make zero excuses for the bums on my team that got into trouble. But hitting women? Oh yeah ... Pittsburgher ... forgot who I was talking to. The home of real men ... men that beat up on women ... and home of fans that approve of it. You are typical ... yinzer.

Baiii

Minor misdeamors ... beating up on women. You see ... I make zero excuses for the bums on my team that got into trouble. But hitting women? Oh yeah ... Pittsburgher ... forgot who I was talking to. The home of real men ... men that beat up on women ... and home of fans that approve of it. You are typical ... yinzer.

Exactly. Technically, they're misdemeanors.

Would you rather face a rap for domestic assault or GTA?

And nah, I don't approve of beating women. . . unless she's a Bengals fan. Then, she probably has it coming.

And nah, I don't approve of beating women. . . unless she .... <fill in the blank>. Then, she probably has it coming.

You sound like Dan Rooney now. Turns out your little organization and its owner are not so 'moral' after-all. What's up with this belief that hitting a woman is situationally-acceptable? Apparently all yinzers think alike ... "nah, I don't approve of beating women, unless ...". Amazing.

And nah, I don't approve of beating women. . . unless she's a Bengals fan. Then, she probably has it coming.

Someone just stepped over a line. We don't endorse violence on any women here no matter what their affiliation. Enjoy your vacation.

Baiii

Ya but your teams also full of Roiders,Roids are the MVP of every championship you guys have gotten.

• 2 weeks later...

Harrison charges dropped

Here's the latest in my claim. Is it that the Steeler organization and players are 'held to a higher standard' or is there local law enforcement corruption? Let's see ... a guy hits his girlfriend, is picked up by police, and readily admits to hitting her. Ah, but this was not just 'a guy'. This was a Pro Bowl Pittsburgh Steeler player. A guy that the Rooney family defends. And then the charges get dropped. You make the call. (can you hear Mr. Rooney whispering ... "just make it disappear")

Yeah, you got a point there. Hey, maybe if a few more guys get arrested, they can combine to have as many arrests as Chris Henry has by himself!

How long did it take the Bengals to stop putting up with his crap? I mean, how can you get arrested as many times as he has? He must practice at it. I don't see how any normal person could possibly refuse to obey the law as much as that moron does.

So, let's see here:

Cedrick Wilson: hits his ex-girlfriend, CUT

Najeh Davenport: charged with hitting his crazy ex-girlfriend (who tried to grab a 5 year old out of a moving car and SAT on a 2 year old, then made up charges of assault to get back at Najeh, even though police found no marks on her or any evidence to support her claims), NOT GUILTY

James Harrison: hit his girlfriend, admitted to it, case was dropped after he agreed to take anger management classes.

Ok, so you've got 1 guy to really complain about. And if you want to say that we just cut Wilson because he's not an important player, didn't the Bengals cut some backup to "send a message", and then try to get Odell Thurman reinstated?

Now that we've proven there is still no comparision between the Bengals and Steelers in regards to criminal behavior, lets look at the Harrison case.

Ok, obviously what Harrison did is wrong and there's no excuse for it. I don't condone it AT ALL. However, he has never had any kinds of problems like this before, so hopefully it's just an isolated incident. I think if he takes the anger management classes, he can have a second chance. If he does anything like this again, obviously you have to cut him.

Like how the Bengals handled Chris Henry, only they gave him a 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th chance, and then finally cut him after, what was it, his 5th or 6th arrest?

Yeah, you got a point there. Hey, maybe if a few more guys get arrested, they can combine to have as many arrests as Chris Henry has by himself!

How long did it take the Bengals to stop putting up with his crap? I mean, how can you get arrested as many times as he has? He must practice at it. I don't see how any normal person could possibly refuse to obey the law as much as that moron does.

So, let's see here:

Cedrick Wilson: hits his ex-girlfriend, CUT

Najeh Davenport: charged with hitting his crazy ex-girlfriend (who tried to grab a 5 year old out of a moving car and SAT on a 2 year old, then made up charges of assault to get back at Najeh, even though police found no marks on her or any evidence to support her claims), NOT GUILTY

James Harrison: hit his girlfriend, admitted to it, case was dropped after he agreed to take anger management classes.

Ok, so you've got 1 guy to really complain about. And if you want to say that we just cut Wilson because he's not an important player, didn't the Bengals cut some backup to "send a message", and then try to get Odell Thurman reinstated?

Now that we've proven there is still no comparision between the Bengals and Steelers in regards to criminal behavior, lets look at the Harrison case.

Ok, obviously what Harrison did is wrong and there's no excuse for it. I don't condone it AT ALL. However, he has never had any kinds of problems like this before, so hopefully it's just an isolated incident. I think if he takes the anger management classes, he can have a second chance. If he does anything like this again, obviously you have to cut him.

Like how the Bengals handled Chris Henry, only they gave him a 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th chance, and then finally cut him after, what was it, his 5th or 6th arrest?

Ah, but it is rather satisfying that you, a Steeler fan, must resort to detailing Chris Henry ... no longer employed by the Bengals Chris Henry ... in order to find a bar lower than that being currently set by Steelers players. Must be something in the 'roid-infested waters of the 3 rivers ... even Steely McDrunk has been added to the ever-growing list. :lol: