Ocho Cinco for Torry Holt?

CinciCat

Hey.

My name is not really CinciCat.

Rather, it is AvengerRam. I'm a Mod on the ClanRam.com message board.

This thread (and others on other boards that I posted this morning) was part of a "social experiment" to prove a point with my fellow Rams fans (who have wasted a week discussing a bogus Rams/Eagles rumor). As expected, the "story" made it back to our board (surprisingly, in less than three hours!) through a Bengals fan who claimed to have heard the radio report (apparently, he hears things that I imagine).

The moral of the story, of course, is IGNORE INTERNET RUMORS!

Unlike some of the other threads about trading Chad, I don't think anyone in this thread seriously thought it was a possibility.

Sure there are people who think that trade is possible. Hell, even I think it's possible. I just think the chances are extremely remote. It would take a whole lot of sacrifice from both players as well as both organizations.

Hey.

This thread (and others on other boards that I posted this morning) was part of a "social experiment" to prove a point with my fellow Rams fans (who have wasted a week discussing a bogus Rams/Eagles rumor). As expected, the "story" made it back to our board (surprisingly, in less than three hours!) through a Bengals fan who claimed to have heard the radio report (apparently, he hears things that I imagine).

You should have sent it to PFT. Not only would they spread it across the iinternet, but they would have identified you as an NFL insider.

Hey.

You should have sent it to PFT. Not only would they spread it across the iinternet, but they would have identified you as an NFL insider.

I saw this on a Scooby Doo once. Well played!

Once again gentlemen, we have several guys conjecturing all over the joint about something that very likely won't happen. Will ya'al never learn?

what's up with the apostrophe in ya'al?

and the spelling altogether?

Once again gentlemen, we have several guys conjecturing all over the joint about something that very likely won't happen. Will ya'al never learn?

There should be an apostrophe, but the spelling is off. Should be "y'all". :P

It's regional.

I guess I touched several nerves by opposing all of the conjecture.

Since conjecture seems to be the nature of the game here, allow me, and let's see what my conjecture is worth compared to all of the rest.

What if the Vikes were willing to trade us Adrian Peterson for Glenn Holt, straight up?

Would you do it?

How would it affect our draft?

Would it have any affect on our team?

Thoughts?

Geez

Hey.

I don't think this proves a whole lot seeing as Chad's agent has said he is still seeking out trades with other teams and other teams have publicly said they are interested in him....so all I see is some idiot making up something and saying they saw it in a local market that most of us are not from...then trying to make us all look stupid for listening to what you said. Most of us didn't respond with statements saying we believe in it, but rather statements of our opinion on whether it was a good deal or not...

It's regional.

I guess I touched several nerves by opposing all of the conjecture.

Since conjecture seems to be the nature of the game here, allow me, and let's see what my conjecture is worth compared to all of the rest.

What if the Vikes were willing to trade us Adrian Peterson for Glenn Holt, straight up?

Would you do it?

Thoughts?

Geez

lol, I'm just having fun, man.....we're all Bengals fans, right?

personally, I just say 'yall' and get it over with....

Would you do it?

Thoughts?

Geez

Hmmmm, I think I might take that deal. Are the Vikes going to package any draft picks to go with it?

As for the draft...I'm thinking...RB in round 1?

Yep. That sounds about right.

And there you go again...blathering on with your opinion about what other people should and shouldn't be talking about.

What's up with that?

Never said anything about what anyone should or should not be talking about. What I do say is that all of the conjecture in the world adds up to nothing. Conjecture about something that likely will never happen adds up to less than nothing.

If you enjoy discussing less than nothing, be the guest of the board.

This is an NFL message board and it's March. Conjecture is all there is to talk about, unless you're attempting to fill the void with a flame war. I'd rather focus on the draft than a pissing contest, but that's just me.

Seriously. This is a message board...if you don't enjoy conjecture, why the hell are you here?

Seriously. This is a message board...if you don't enjoy conjecture, why the hell are you here?

There are some plusses to discussing football in a forum like this as there are minuses.

On the plus side:

It's always fun to counter lunacy in all of its forms.

If there is something of interest going on in Bengal Nation, someone here usually brings it up.

Sometimes someone makes me laugh.

Sometimes people can actually be insightful.

On the minus side:

The depressing pessimism that is rampant among our fans.

So much conjecture that is stated as fact. (you know who you are JP)

So much of the conjecture is downright silly, but everyone believes that they can defend it. (you know who you are AG)

I am here because I have been hooked on this team for 40+ years and I can't seem to get much Bengals talk elsewhere.

Wow, that radio report of the CJ/first round pick for Torry Holt/first round pick trade talks has me steamed! I know they like to puff on 1530, but I hope its not true. Holt is too old!!!! We don't want him!!!!

Plus, this is not a good enough draft to trade up to #2. The Bengals won't take McFadden, so what's the point?