Rogers didn't want to come to Cincy

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I guess I'd prefer to be known as "message board police" than the image you have now projected here as a guy who likes to find, collect, and post homosexually-oriented pictures of men on the internet.

You're becoming quite the interesting (in a train-wreck kinda way) fellow - interested in engaging in lewd homosexual acts at proposed Bengals forum gatherings, collector of gay-oriented images, and second dumbest poster on these boards. Jerry Springer could have devoted an entire show just to you!

Yeah, I post smack pics of gay QB's and post images I find on google and I also train in MMA/Boxing and know what a rear naked choke hold is, so that must mean I'm gay. RNC's are taught to our military, ask ArmyBengal about 'em... Sorry my friend, but unlike yourself, I get p***y on a regular basis... No homo here.

So the Browns gave up their best corner, their 3rd round pick, and $20 million guaranteed for Shaun Rogers. In my opinion they overpaid. If the 2006 Shaun Rogers shows of this fall, they didn't just overpay, they made a giant mistake.

Why dont the bengals go after Joseph im sure he will come cheaper hes young and has to have some talent.

Vol are you insane? Football is not a game for a man with a bad back.

Give me Randy Starks signed to a reasonably priced deal.

I would've liked Starks myself but he's already signed elsewhere about as soon as FA began.

So the Browns gave up their best corner, their 3rd round pick, and $20 million guaranteed for Shaun Rogers. In my opinion they overpaid. If the 2006 Shaun Rogers shows of this fall, they didn't just overpay, they made a giant mistake.

More than 23 million over the first three years. Nearly 8 million per. So much for trading for a player with a very reasonable contract.

Maybe it works, maybe it doesn't. But IMHO the smart play would have been to wait at least a year before renegotiating. Let Rogers prove that a change in scenery is all he needed. Give him a season to impress his new coaches and fellow players...as that's usually enough motivation for most players who've just been traded.

More than 23 million over the first three years. Nearly 8 million per. So much for trading for a player with a very reasonable contract.

Maybe it works, maybe it doesn't. But IMHO the smart play would have been to wait at least a year before renegotiating. Let Rogers prove that a change in scenery is all he needed. Give him a season to impress his new coaches and fellow players...as that's usually enough motivation for most players who've just been traded.

That 20 mil guarantee is probably mostly signing bonus which will be prorated over 6 years. Rogers was cheap with his old deal so this brings him up to market conditions but he'll still be quite a bit cheaper than Robertson frex. If Rogers is a flop, they can cut him in 2 or 3 years without great pain.

I agree completely, let him prove himself before you give him a new contract, this makes me glad the trade fell through. I personally think the reason he got the trade voided is because he knew Cincy wouldn't renegotiate until he proved himself.

If Rogers is a flop, they can cut him in 2 or 3 years without great pain.

If Rogers is a flop you've given him 20 million dollars in guaranteed money when you didn't have to...which in reality prevents the Browns from cutting Rogers under any circumstance for at least three seasons. And if he's cut after 3 years you're on the hook for 7 million more in salary than his original contract would have paid. As for the longer contract, Roger is nearing 29 and would have been 32 at the end of his original contract. Now the Browns have a 320 lb. DT under contract until age 35. (Brilliant.)

I have no problem with extending contracts, but Rogers is a player who brings some baggage and a reputation for inconsistent effort. Knowing that I would have made it clear that his contract would be extended in the near future, after one or two seasons, only IF his play merited it.