Scouting Combine

kenyon1977

Per Hobson, Marvin was there as of Friday at least, and Zimmer, Hayes and Oliver were all there yesterday at least...I assume they were all there for and staying for the whole combine. Not that that's worth a hell of a lot, the combine is way over-rated IMHO. But when you "scout" like the Bengals do, I guess every little bit helps.

the combine is way over-rated IMHO.

I couldn't agree more. I want to know how players do during an actual game running against other players. Not a clock.

Yup. One thing the combine is good for is rumors & stuff, tho. Lots of good tidbits here:

http://www.draftdaddy.com/blog/nfldraft.cfm

The possible red flag on Dorsey's healt could be interesting. However, this time of year there are

so many smoke screens going up it is hard to tell.

From Pro Football talk:

RED FLAGS FOR DORSEY

During the 2007 football season, plenty of folks were presuming that LSU defensive tackle Glenn Dorsey could be the No. 1 overall pick in the draft.

As it now stands, Dorsey might be this year's Alan Branch.

According to Howard Balzer of the Sports Xchange, NFL scouts have lingering concerns about a stress fracture that Dorsey suffered during the 2006 season. Per Balzer, Dorsey was sent to an Indianapolis hospital for further testing after undergoing a physical at the Scouting Combine.

Dorsey had not planned to work out at the Combine. He said that he'd stopped working out due to the recent death of his grandmother.

A year ago, Dorsey considered entering the draft but recognized that the leg injury could hold him back.

If the concerns about Glenn Dorsey's health is real then Ellis will be way out of the realm of possiblity for us. Damn it all to hell.

Maybe...I also saw a note today about some concern over one of Ellis' knees. Like kurgan says, there's so much smoke, who knows?

If the concerns about Glenn Dorsey's health is real then Ellis will be way out of the realm of possiblity for us. Damn it all to hell.

Maybe...I also saw a note today about some concern over one of Ellis' knees. Like kurgan says, there's so much smoke, who knows?

Trevor Laws in the second is still a minor fantasy of mine. Or maybe if we can trade down at least...