Rudi Johnson a Raider ??

RAIDERS LOOKING FOR MORE RB HELP?

Despite the recent addition of veteran Amos Zereoue and the presence of Tyrone Wheatley and Justin Fargas, we're hearing that the Oakland Raiders are hoping to beef up their running back corps.

The leading candidates, we're told, are Travis Henry of the Bills and Rudi Johnson of the Bengals.

Henry is quickly becoming expendable as 2003 first-rounder Willis McGahee gets closer to the field. Johnson, a restricted free agent, is poised to hit the open market in 2005. With rookie first-rounder Chris Perry now on the roster, the Bengals might be tempted to get value for Johnson now, in lieu of nothing later. If the Raiders add another back, our guess is that veteran Tyrone Wheatley might be the odd man out -- unless newcomer Zereoue fails to show that he'd able and willing to be a role player in the Oakland offense, which likely will be augmented with some special teams appearances, a task in which he initially made a name for himself with the Steelers.

This was taken from profootballtalk.com on the rumor mill...

Sooooo, if for nothing else then the sake of argument, what do you all think ??

WHODEY !!!

A complete farce.... ther is no way Marvin and Coach Brat would want an inexperienced runningback and an inexperienced quarterback together for extended periods of time. Perry will never be a dominant back. The bulk of the carries should belong to Rudi, now, and for years to come... :player:

My biggest problem with that is the Bengals can get value for Rudi even if he doesn't get a long term deal this year by tagging him next year...don't think it'll come to that, but there is no hurry to trade Rudi, I mean they weren't willing to do it last year before Corey got hurt(don't you think it pissed Corey off that teams were more willing to deal for Rudi instead of him?) why would they be willing to do it now....Of course, if someone is wantint to part with 1st and a 2nd, and maybe more, let's talk, but until then...no.

A complete farce.... ther is no way Marvin and Coach Brat would want an inexperienced runningback and an inexperienced quarterback together for extended periods of time. Perry will never be a dominant back. The bulk of the carries should belong to Rudi, now, and for years to come... :player:

:player: No offense intended guy, but you make a valid point in your first statement about the total inexperience in the backfield. Then you make a really dumb point. How exactly, do you know that CP will never be a dominant back. Lets see. You say he will never be and Marvin says he will.

Damn! Who will I believe on this one?

Trading Henry would make as much sense as the Bengals trading Rudi. Cant see that happening. RB's seem to make an easy transition into the NFL, at least more so than WR but why take the chance when you dont have to. Rudi is cheap this year, and a very good back so I say keep him. I cant see Rudi here next year though unless he signs for a very very reasonable rate. Then again the Raiders do have a man named woodsen. Personally, I hope the Raiders choke on not having a RB.

not to mention he's one of only 4 bengals with a new jersey hanging on the rack waiting to be sold. Imagine buying a Rudi Johnson Jersey last week, and then the next week he's a raider. Fans that bought a jersey would probably Riot.

Yeah, Rudi was one of the fabulous runway models too. I don't think they would have had him out there if he wasn't in the team's future.

There is no better name for fans either. How many times did we hear "ooooooo-di" last year? That's a not so subtle reminder to the other team that we just got another first down on you! I think Marvin is aware of all this and won't be tradin' Rudi anytime soon.

not to mention he's one of only 4 bengals with a new jersey hanging on the rack waiting to be sold. Imagine buying a Rudi Johnson Jersey last week, and then the next week he's a raider. Fans that bought a jersey would probably Riot.

Yeah, Rudi was one of the fabulous runway models too. I don't think they would have had him out there if he wasn't in the team's future.

There is no better name for fans either. How many times did we hear "ooooooo-di" last year? That's a not so subtle reminder to the other team that we just got another first down on you! I think Marvin is aware of all this and won't be tradin' Rudi anytime soon.

No offense, but, I dont think the fact that Rudi modeled a jersey, has any bearing on the decision making of the Bengals front office.

I in no way shape or form want to see Rudi, PW, or any other, be traded at this point.

But, I dont think the fact that either one of them are "fan" favorites factors in to Marvin's plans

I thought that the idea of drafting Perry was that he would Compliment Rudi.

They are different Types of RBs.

The combination of the two should add up to a more dangerious running game.

Somewhat like Brooks and Woods, who were also different types of Backs.

Why the hell are we talking about trading Rudi ?

Rudi was a 4th rounder, and Perry was a 1st. There is no way you can say that you would know the Rudi would be as good as he is. There is a reason that Parcells, Shannahan, and Black Jesus all passed on Steven Jackson. Validating that is the fact that the moron Martz did draft him. Marvin knows what he is doing. Rudi isn't going anywhere.

[ No offense intended guy, but you make a valid point in your first statement about the total inexperience in the backfield. Then you make a really dumb point. How exactly, do you know that CP will never be a dominant back. Lets see. You say he will never be and Marvin says he will.

Damn! Who will I believe on this one? ]

Name more than one talented big 10 running back in the pros in the last 15-20 years.... The big 10 has had it's share of marvelous backs at the collegiate level, but they have never turned any of that into professional success.... They are products of the style of offense in their division. It has always been a running division, so teams stockpile their rosters with all-pro offensive lineman. No one can deny the pedigree of defensive lineman that have emerged from the Big 10 at the pro level. These backs all ran behind NFL ready lineman making suspect talent appear great.

Let's take a trip down memory lane....

1. Robert Smith:Maybe the best runningback to come out of the Big 10 in the last 20 years, but even he is not decorated with tons of pro bowl accolades and super bowl rings.

2. Eddie George: Heisman Trophy? Yes, dominant runner? No Had a nice stretch during the super bowl run but disappeared in the big game. The most overrated running back in the last 10 years. Does not even avg. 4 yards a carry for his career!!! And has never had an avg over 4.1... Had 4 games a year to pad his stats against poor Bengals and Browns defenses in his "hey-day"

Tim Biakabituka: Hurt. Hurt. Hurt.

Tyrone Wheatley: Never anything more than a short yardage back.

Ron Dayne: 3rd string in New York????

Jarrod Bunch: Need I say more?

Damien Anderson: 3rd stringer for AZ?

Jeff Cothran: A decent blocker for Derrick Fenner for one year.

Vaughn Dunbar: Played sparingly w/ the Saints for a couple of years...

Anthony Thomas: Fat and lazy, shows flashes, but will lose time to another first round flop in Thomas Jones this year.

Every Penn State Running Back: Ki-Jana Carter, Curtis Enis, Blair Thomas, too soon for Larry Johnson

TJ Duckett: May be too early, but shouldn't he have wrestled the starting role away from the smallish Warrick Dunn yet?!?!?

Tavian Banks: Bye.

C'mon guys, Absolutely nobody hopes I eat more crow on this Chris Perry success debate than me, but I am hard-pressed to find a way it can work. He did nothing against USC in the most competitive game of his life. Easy Buckeye fans... I hope this works out! I would love to have a 1-2 punch, but the past shows me otherwise... :player:

Who-Dey 4 Life

Saying that a RB isn't going to be good because of the conference he came from has to be one of the silliest things I've ever read.

Let's place all teams in the NFL on alert right now-never EVER draft a RB from the Big 10 in the first round again-they will all be busts because there haven't been many great ones recently.

Saying that a RB isn't going to be good because of the conference he came from has to be one of the silliest things I've ever read.

I've got to agree here with Sox. Saying that a Running back is going to suck just because of what conference he played in is ludicrous.

However, LABungles has a point--Chris Perry was a major reach--and he benefitted from having a great line at MeatChicken.

Plus, we're talking about a #1 draft pick for the Bungles. You all know how that usually goes.

Are we overlooking Skip Hicks here? All the talk is of Rudi & Chris Perry but does/should Hicks feature as a short-yardage back??

I've got to agree here with Sox. Saying that a Running back is going to suck just because of what conference he played in is ludicrous.

However, LABungles has a point--Chris Perry was a major reach--and he benefitted from having a great line at MeatChicken.

Plus, we're talking about a #1 draft pick for the Bungles. You all know how that usually goes.

I read somewhere that only one michigan lineman was drafted this year, and it was in the 7th round?

anyone less lazy than me want to research and see how many linemen entered the draft this year?

I read somewhere that only one michigan lineman was drafted this year, and it was in the 7th round?

anyone less lazy than me want to research and see how many linemen entered the draft this year?

thats what i read on bengals.com in an interview with jim anderson. doesnt seem like a great line to me for only one lineman to be drafted in the 7th. :o