kingwilly's very, very preliminary mock draft

kingwilly

I agree. I like Laurinitis well enough, but not as high as most projections had him going.

BTW, today is the final day for underclassmen to declare, but the draft, and the Bengals specifically, have already gotten plenty of help. The OL, CB, RB, DE, LB, and DT classes are now much improved, and while the TE class remains fairly weak it's been strengthened.

:sure:

C'mon Ellis/Gholston...

On the TE front unless Fred Davis or John Carlson are available in the 2nd I doubt we look at a TE unless its in the later rounds, especially with Reggie Kelley playing ok and Coats making big strides. Although that Jermichael Finley guy from Texas intrigues me as a Dallas Clark-type who can line up inside or outside.

I hope that nightmare I have where the Bengals pick DeSean Jackson at #9 doesn't come true since he's declared, as well as the one where they pick Steve Slaton in the 2nd round...*shutter*

I would have to say Gholston first round followed by Henderson in the second. Then in the third round...Kevin Smith from Central Florida! :o If the Bengals get another third as a comp pick I would say take a TE. The rest of the draft would then be linemen and special teams types.

With a vast majority of the early mocks targeting Sedrick Ellis, I think we can state with confidence that Ellis will NOT be a Bengal. Furthermore, since the guys I definitely DO NOT WANT are Connors (LB - Penn St) or Harvey (DE - Fl), we'll end up with one of those guys.

Anybody checking out the Senior Bowl this week???

With a vast majority of the early mocks targeting Sedrick Ellis, I think we can state with confidence that Ellis will NOT be a Bengal. Furthermore, since the guys I definitely DO NOT WANT are Connors (LB - Penn St) or Harvey (DE - Fl), we'll end up with one of those guys.

Possibly to see how the big name offensive and defensive linemen look going nose to nose. That's predominantly where my interests lie for the Bengals in this draft, although I wouldn't have a s**t fit if they took a hard hitting linebacker and/or safety.

I'm personally fine with who Cincinnati currently has at the QB, WR, CB, and RB positions. That being said I assure you Mike and Marvin will draft two out of these four positions, spinning me into a level of madness I may never return from! ;)

Possibly to see how the big name offensive and defensive linemen look going nose to nose. That's predominantly where my interests lie for the Bengals in this draft, although I wouldn't have a s**t fit if they took a hard hitting linebacker and/or safety.

I'm personally fine with who Cincinnati currently has at the QB, WR, CB, and RB positions. That being said I assure you Mike and Marvin will draft two out of these four positions, spinning me into a level of madness I may never return from! ;)

I'd be fine with the Bengals picking CB/S, WR and/or TE.

I want football players, whether Offense or Defense. I want an attitude. No one's job is safe.

Hell, draft Owen Schmidtt and have him play linebacker or something.