Chad Johnson breaks Bengals reception record

BengalszoneBilly

I wonder how much Henry's return had to do with Chad's big day. I know the guy hasn't played much so far, but surely all NFL coaches had to know before this season that when Henry is on the field, you take notice. As opposed to earlier this season, when it was smother Chad and TJ and force the Bengals' OTHER receiver(s) to make plays.

O-line playing well helps too.

I hope next season Chad comes into the year concentrating on dominating the playing field and getting the team to the playoffs...not dominating sportscenter highlight reels.

also IMHO Rudi needs to get back to 225-230 lbs. and concentrate on hitting the hole hard like he used to. Sure seeing him slim down looks good for the team, but nowadays he seems hesitant once he gets to the line and rarely does he push the pile.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Frankly, if I were an evil overlord whose only interest was counting coin I wouldn't trade Chad either., mostly because it would anger those of you who give lip service to ideas like discipline, maturity, mental toughness, and unselfish play.

You mean like this guy: chadmarvinten2kp1.jpg:lol::lol::lol:

Well, such is the life of a hater...sometimes they're going to shut you up. I've been hating on Rudi all year long, but you won't hear me complaining about him this week. His play was a big STFU in my face, same way Chad's was in yours.

Please. The reason you had a big STFU shoved into your face is because you've spent weeks slagging an injured player whose finally returning to health. So all of your poppycock theories about Rudi losing too much weight or trying to run in a style that doesn't fit his game are suddenly relegated to DPM status. As for Chad, I'm suddenly reminded the only injury he was trying to overcome was a bad case of hurt feelings.

If Rudi keeps rockin' and rollin', well, shame on me...and if Chad keeps piling up the points, you got nothin'.

If Chad keeps piling on the points it will only strengthen my argument that his disappearance for more than a month was just a prolonged case of the yips that he finally managed to overcome. And while I would be thrilled to see him overcome his own self-induced mental struggles the sad truth is the damage has been done.

Please. The reason you had a big STFU shoved into your face is because you've spent weeks slagging an injured player whose finally returning to health.

Sort of the same way you whined about Chad's play while ignoring his reported injuries as well, ehhhhh?

But such is the life of a hater.

Sort of the same way you whined about Chad's play while ignoring his reported injuries as well, ehhhhh?

Didn't we just have a demonstration of how much Chad's injuries have on his ability to produce? The fact remains that Chad hasn't been seriously hurt all season, hasn't missed a single game, and was always capable of performing each week on a very high level.

But he hasn't done that, has he?

Instead, for three weeks in a row he dropped passes that would have resulted in more yardage than he actually gained. In fact, he dropped critical passes on 3rd down, dropped passes that would have resulted game winning touchdowns, and against Arizona simply dropped a ball he had already caught, presumably because his case of the yips grew with every step that brought him closer to the goalline.

And there's the rub because none of his failures were due to injuries preventing him from performing an outrageous act of athletic prowess, but because his lack of mental toughness prevented him from making easy routine catches. Several perfect passes slipped right through his hands and actually bounced off of his face and chest, right? And his fumble against Arizona wasn't forced, was it? No, he just dropped the ball....and then sat on his ass pouting while others attempted to recover the live ball.

Yet somehow you'll make empty excuses for that type of play and pretend that it didn't really happen now that Chad's head has suddenly emerged from his own anal cleft. Well go figure.

Didn't we just have a demonstration of how much Chad's injuries have on his ability to produce? The fact remains that Chad hasn't been seriously hurt all season, hasn't missed a single game, and was always capable of performing each week on a very high level.

Sez you. I see you've now become one of those message board medical experts you used to mock. Well, welcome to the club. But anything to keep your Chad rant going, right?

The real question I have is "who cares"? As in, who cares if people are criticising Chad Johnson. The answer, of course, is you.

Hardly. The real answer is...Chad cares. In fact, he cares so much he's only recently emerged from a choking and sulking fit that lasted for more than a month.

So, you and Chad both care -- that's heartwarming. My point is that I don't care. I would think that if Chad cares that much about the criticism, it would make him more of a sympathetic character in your eyes. But, apparently you would prefer to go with the theory that if he doesn't care, he's selfish, and if he does care, it's his own fault. (See why I don't care -- it gets pretty confusing.)

You say "nobody has ever doubted Chad's ability to play..." while you, yourself, have very recently done exactly that.

Oh he can play. That hasn't changed. But why should I forget that he's choked on his own bone for over a month?

So, when he plays poorly -- it's his own fault -- and when he plays well -- it's his own fault(?)

As we've previously well established, we disagree on this point. But, feel free to carry on.... :beatdeadhorse:

Does this mean you're not going to spend a week making ridiculous claims that TJ has choked as badly as Chad has?

Sure -- and since I've never made such a claim you can be doubly certain that I won't. The one TJ related comment I made is that you failed to jump off his jock when he was saying he should be catching more deep passes (while he was leading the league in catches no less), but were more than happy to find fault with everything coming out of Chad's mouth. I pointed out that TJ's comments could be construed (actually have to be construed) as selfish too.

And I'm sure he doesn't care. Mikey keeps his own counsel, come hell or high water. And unless Chad decides to pull a Pickens/Lee Johnson/Dillon act, he don't care.

Yeah, Mikey don't care, you don't care, and there's no way in hell BengalByTheBay cares. Hell, nobody cares about anything but losing enough games to get one of the draft picks that everyone has heard of.

Let's get back on thread. Chad didn't suck this week.

Discuss.

Wow -- way to attempt to restate my very clear sentiment incorrectly. I don't care about whether other people criticize Chad Johnson is what I said. I keep my own counsel about whether he has played badly or not. You haven't heard me to say he's played well in games that he hasn't -- and there have been plenty of recent examples of that. In fact, my whole point was that that is all that matters...his play. Whether you, or some other hack, complains about Chad Johnson is so much blah, blah, blah.

Stats, Inc. records that T.J. and Chad are tied with the exact # of drops this season. And Chad has been thrown to 9 less times. T.J. has also dropped several third down passes.

Just saying. If we're talking drops. Let's talk drops.

This might interest you. The league leaders in passes dropped is a five-way tie. They are:

Dallas Clark

Braylon Edwards

Devery Henderson

Santana Moss

Reggie Bush

Wow -- way to attempt to restate my very clear sentiment incorrectly.

Wow -- way to miss the sarcasm.

I don't care about whether other people criticize Chad Johnson is what I said.

Trust me, I get it.....as you've now said you don't care whether Chad is criticized nearly a hundred times. The funny thing about that is other people who don't care actually prove it by saying nothing at all or by saying how little they care once.

You haven't heard me to say he's played well in games that he hasn't -- and there have been plenty of recent examples of that.

Exactly. He hasn't played well recently. In fact, until Sunday he had choked on almost every important opportunity to shut up the critics you care so little about. And because those critics "keep their own counsel" it's only reasonable to expect them to loudly voice their opinions, which you can then pretend to ignore.

Whether you, or some other hack, complains about Chad Johnson is so much blah, blah, blah.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but this is all blah, blah, blah....including whatever spin efforts you and Hoosier are trying pass off.

<_<

Stats, Inc. records that T.J. and Chad are tied with the exact # of drops this season. And Chad has been thrown to 9 less times. T.J. has also dropped several third down passes.

I haven't made any excuses for TJ and I'm not going to start now. Instead, I'll just ask you a simple question.

Which player is having a better season?

I see you've now become one of those message board medical experts you used to mock. Well, welcome to the club. But anything to keep your Chad rant going, right?

Sheesh Hoosier, if you've got nothing to say....then don't.

Chad Johnson continues to be bothered by the ankle, knee and neck injuries he has suffered this season.

"He doesn't feel as good as he has in years past," offensive coordinator Bob Bratkowski said.

http://www.rotoworld.com/content/playerpag...5720&spln=1

Dr. HairOnFire dismissed Rudi's poor play this year as the result of injury, yet dismisses that Chad's injuries have anything to do with his struggles. :rolleyes:

Dr. HairOnFire dismissed Rudi's poor play this year as the result of injury, yet dismisses that Chad's injuries have anything to do with his struggles. :rolleyes:

Damn, that's weak. What's the matter, isn't your heart in this one?

You're the doctor. Don't you know where my heart is? Sheesh...hope you bone up on your anatomy before your next operation...

I haven't made any excuses for TJ and I'm not going to start now. Instead, I'll just ask you a simple question.

Which player is having a better season?

Who cares. They're both Bengals wide receivers. I just wanted to add fuel to the fire. Carry on with your debates.

Sheesh...hope you bone up on your anatomy before your next operation...

I don't need an anatomy lesson. In fact, I'm dead certain that your cranium is firmly impacted within your anus, ckoking off the oxygen supply needed to keep your brain functioning properly. In my opinion you do need surgery, preferrably one that will result in a window installed in your belly button and a much needed air line inserted up your butt pipe.

Regardless, you've got nothing. While you were busy spinning in circles about who is playing doctor Marvin was just asked by Jim Rome to explain Chad's recent slump. To the suprise of ALMOST nobody he never mentioned any injury. Instead, he simply confirmed the obvious.

"Everyone knows Chad wears his emotions on his sleeve."

"Defenses have learned they can use his emotions against him to take him out of his game."

"He pouts a little."

Who cares. They're both Bengals wide receivers. I just wanted to add fuel to the fire.

But peeing on the fire doesn't as fuel to the flame. All it does is create funny smelling steam.

That said, it's interesting how often people attempt to defend Chad by attacking TJ, a player most would admit has consistently played at a very high level....a standard of play that few would say Chad Johnson has managed of late.

Just saying...

your cranium is firmly impacted within your anus, ckoking off the oxygen supply needed to keep your brain functioning properly. In my opinion you do need surgery, preferrably one that will result in a window installed in your belly button and a much needed air line inserted up your butt pipe.

you lost me...I never claimed to be a physiologist but you lost me

your cranium is firmly impacted within your anus, ckoking off the oxygen supply needed to keep your brain functioning properly. In my opinion you do need surgery, preferrably one that will result in a window installed in your belly button and a much needed air line inserted up your butt pipe.

you lost me...I never claimed to be a physiologist but you lost me

Sorry, I probably lost you in the lower intestines. My bad. All I can say in my defense is that when I go that far for a joke these things are bound to happen, and you too shall pass.

Frankly, the whole "playing doctor" thing is beyond stupid, mostly because Hoosier has now acccused me of playing doctor precisely because I refuse to play doctor. Some would call that irony...I just call it worthless spin.

By now it should be obvious that Hoosier has embraced Chad's injury excuse with both hands...no doubt because it's the only explanation left besides the more unpleasant conclusion that Chad is an emotional bedwetter whose immaturity impacted his play. But in my opinion that's reality, and as if on cue Marvin just backed me up. To be perfectly fair, Marvin didn't come close to throwing Chad under the bus, and his mild criticism is peppered with other remarks about how much Chad wants to win and how his emotions can sometimes help lead. But again, he both defended and criticized Chad by pointing out how emotional he is, and never once mentioned any of Chad's minor tweaks and dings.

Who cares. They're both Bengals wide receivers. I just wanted to add fuel to the fire.

But peeing on the fire doesn't as fuel to the flame. All it does is create funny smelling steam.

That said, it's interesting how often people attempt to defend Chad by attacking TJ, a player most would admit has consistently played at a very high level....a standard of play that few would say Chad Johnson has managed of late.

Just saying...

What's interesting to me is that people attack our best players.

Frankly, the whole "playing doctor" thing is beyond stupid, mostly because Hoosier has now acccused me of playing doctor precisely because I refuse to play doctor.

You refuse to play doctor? Who was the one who declared Rudi's problems related to injury in this very thread? And at the same time refuses to consider Chad's injuries? Yep, that'd be you. The person here who's got nothing is you, nothing that is except hate for Chad.

Frankly, the whole "playing doctor" thing is beyond stupid, mostly because Hoosier has now acccused me of playing doctor precisely because I refuse to play doctor.

You refuse to play doctor? Who was the one who declared Rudi's problems related to injury in this very thread? And at the same time refuses to consider Chad's injuries? Yep, that'd be you. The person here who's got nothing is you, nothing that is except hate for Chad.

HOF - quit trying to play doctor with HC -- it's really getting awkward for the rest of us.

Oh, and who are all these mythical beings attacking TJ to make Chad look better? If my pointing out that TJ saying he should get more post patterns thrown to him can be considered selfish is an attack, then you've fully invaded the country of Chad and become immursed in a Vietnam'esque "police action". Good luck with that.

"The neck bone connected to the ..... anus (?) bone." :blink: