Offer Some Predictions On Bengals Cuts

BENGALTHEM

$4.6 million we can allocate to rooks. Should be sufficient to see all our picks signed. I'm not sure how much cap space we have overall, tho, but I'm sure that between spending this much on rooks, plus the Moore signing, plus the rumored Gardener deal, there will be some veteran cuts coming.

Anyone who wants a job better be ready to shine in camp...

Edit: sorry, "pool" not "poll" in the title

Really just a spin off from Joisey Cat.

BENGALS CUTS

Especially, those who are still on the squad from last year.( dont know too much about the other players)

I think maybe Tony Williams, Marquand Manuel, Dwayne Levels, Shane Matthews, and (please don't)Adrian Ross.

BENGALS CUTS

Especially, those who are still on the squad from last year.( dont know too much about the other players)

I think maybe Tony Williams, Marquand Manuel, Dwayne Levels, Shane Matthews, and (please don't)Adrian Ross.

Matthews isn't on the team, he was only a one year deal.

Just looking at guys who were around last year...

Dennis Weathersby is almost certainly headed to IR.

Their going after Moore so quickly can't be a good sign for Thatcher Szalay. I think his time's about up.

Tony Williams? Maybe as a cap casualty but I think he'd still bring value to the rotation. Carl Powell is probably safe but I didn't see anything extraordinary out of him last year. I don't think the new kid, Geathers, and Elton Patterson are both going to make the squad.

I could see Manuel as the odd man out at safety, especially since they seem to like Kaeshveharn so much.

Kyle Richardson is on the bubble. If this young'un they picked up after the draft looks even halfway decent I think he's gone. He was way too inconsistent last year.

Ross and Levels? Yeah, I could see both on the outs; we're up to our armpits in LBs.

I think TJ will be cut, too.

Well after hearing that the Bengals have picked up yet another QB...I say Kitna is outa here!! I hate the thought, but all the indicators point to it! :unsure:

No way Billy, Kittner will be a good QB, but not at the moment...kitna stays this year, next year is a whole nother story though...But you never know, somebody could pony up the right draft pick.....but highly doubtful...But then most people thought we'd never get a 2nd for Dillon.

Kittner's a bum , he's gone. Kevin Kaesviharn, should still be gone. - Hopefully Marquand Manuel pushes him off the roster.

Tony Williams is a cap casualty once Daryl Gardner officially signs.

-Caleb Miller, Landon Johnson,Khalid Abdullah,Brian Simmons,Kevin Hardy,Nate Webster, and Dwayne Levels, so Adrian Ross is probably gone or he beats out Levels.

Leyva gone, Mabry , Johnson, Gone Gone... :lol:

Kitna is certainly here cutting him will actually make the cap situation worse.

How about a trade? Does that impact the cap negatively? I don't think so.

Actually trading counts the same as cutting someone cap wise(I think)

As for Cuts....damn it's way too early....But here goes nothing.

Tony Williams at DT

Kyle Richardson P

T.J. Houshmandzadeh WR (If I have to explain one more time why he was offered a contract I'll scream)

Adrian Ross LB

Marquand Manuel S

I'll also say I think there will be a fairly high profile cut, but I don't have a clue who it would be.

But things change, plus someone unexpectant could be cut if there are any surprise June 1 cuts on other teams.

i dont expect all the newbie QB's (that rhymed) to stick

Tony Williams....goodbye

If Adrian Ross aint right by the season...goodbye

One of those punters....

Kenny Watson....payce

Chris Edmonds....payce

Terell ROberts...payce

Powell or that other dude....payce

Manuel....payce

[T.J. Houshmandzadeh WR (If I have to explain one more time why he was offered a contract I'll scream)

why was he offered a contract? (honestly) :blink:

I dunno either. But Marvin does, and I'm down with whatever he thinks is right! :player:

[T.J. Houshmandzadeh WR (If I have to explain one more time why he was offered a contract I'll scream)

why was he offered a contract? (honestly) :blink:

Cause he was a RFA...Give him the tender and hope like hell he'll be signed by someone else and we get some kind of compensation. Otherwise bring him into training camp and if he's beaten out, so be it, no harm done cause he's not got a bonus that will count against the cap so it doesn't hurt the cap when he's cut, and the bulk of the money paid these guys during the offseason is next to nothing. Besides, competition is good for those last spots cause it will usually get the best ones to rise above the rest.

Tony Williams, DT - everyone seems to see this as somewhat obvious - alot of money for a player who cannot stop the run in a run-stopping locale, he can penetrate and cause problems on passing downs up the middle, but that's not enough for the money...

Carl Powell, DE - if Williams doesn't go he does, Marvin may decide to play Willams some at DE if he decides to keep him and Powell has never shown much pass-rush ability in his NFL career...

Dennis Weathersby - to the IR...

Gregg Scott, DE

Norris McCleary, DT

LaDaris Jackson, OLB

Kenny Jackson, ILB - although he has played well in NFLE, just cant see both he and D. Levels making it and Levels can plat good ST's... so, I suspect one of them is out... Adrian Ross's health will impact these two...

Frank Chamberlian, OLB - if Ross is ok he is probably gone as Ross can play both LB spots...

Ricot Joseph, S

Marquand Manuel, S - he wasn't entirely healthy last year and had a descent rookie year, but he must show something in camp and during the pre-season games, if he plays well we may actually cut KK even after just signing him... KK is pretty good on ST though...

Mike Mabry, C - the Moore signing seems to seals someones fate... If he can play OG, then it may be Sulfsted who gets the axe...

Justin Sands, OT

Pete Lougheed, OT

Kevin Walter, WR

Adam Zeisel, WR

James Lynch, FB - Tony Stewert can play FB and I dont feel confident that we will cut any of our 3 TE's being that we do not have one that is a stud and each play different roles... I actually believe Stewart is our best "combo" TE (block and catch) and that's not saying much...

Skip Hicks, RB

Herbert Goodman, RB

Kyle Richardson, P - I just hope Larson doesn't win the job by default...

Gone (replaced by)

Manuel (#47 The Silent Assassin)

Chamberlin (Miller)

Ross (Kenny Jackson)

Levels (Webster)

Weathersby IR (Alvin Porter)

Roberts (Brooks)

Patterson (Geathers)

Szalazay (Moore)

Sulfsted (Moore)

Housh (Mann)

Richardson (Larson)

If 12 or 13 combined picks and undrafted free agents can be signed in rookie pool cap then also

Langston Moore (Mondre Dickerson)

And Jeremiah Cockerhan