Losman to Start vs. Bengals

HoosierCat

per the guys over at billsdaily.com...

Losman Gets The Nod: Dick Jauron continued with his habit of announcing on Tuesday who he will start at quarterback for the coming game instead of waiting until Wednesday like he said he would. Jauron announced that J.P. Losman will get the nod against the Bengals because Trent Edwards is still bothered by his sprained wrist and will likely not practice until later in the week if at all. Jauron released a two line statement and will likely elaborate further during his media day press conference tomorrow. It is likely that this is the same scenario as it was before the Ravens game when Edwards was announced as the starter because Losman was still hurt.

Losman has a good arm and loves to toss bombs to Lee Evans, but he can be rattled.

With our defense being as sh*tty as it is, Losman will probably have a good day. We bring no pressure to the QB and given that much time, most QB's will find an open receiver. Oh yeah, we still can't stop the run and Marshawn Lynch is having a better than average rookie year. If the Bengals offense can't put 30 on the board, I think we lose this game as well. The way they have been playing, 30 isn't looking real promising...

WHODEY !!!

Let's hope Loss-Man lives up to his name. But I fear Willy could be right, we've had a history of kicking off the careers of mediocre QBs.

"Loss-Man" put up a pretty nice number on the Bengals defense the last time they played the Bills, didn't he?

Uh...no. That was Kelly Holcomb.

Some more practice detail from Curnutte's blog:

Also practicing are wide receiver Antonio Chatman and defensive end Frostee Rucker, who often are on the injury report.

I have every confidence they'll get hurt before the end of the week. :lol:

Tailback Chris Perry, still on the physically unable to perform (PUP) list, went out later for practice. Word around the Bengals is he will not officially practice until next week, which will start his three-week window before the Bengals would have to make a decision on a roster spot for Perry.

Friday injury update from Curnutte:

http://frontier.cincinnati.com/blogs/benga...fy.asp#comments

Looks like Myers will start for Thornton.

I will go as far as to say that if Myers has the gas to play most downs he will supplant Thornton as a starter.

Bills - 21

Bengals - tf